+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast
Like Tree737Likes

Thread: Melissa Gilbert & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 14

Re: Melissa Gilbert & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 14

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    I did think the green dress was pretty, appropriate and looked nice on her. However, we are talking about a specific week and costume here, ( the diaper) and it is a week when the greatest percentage of viewers seem to think that the judges wanted M & M out, so, could this week have been a set-up for that to possibly happen? I don't know but I detect that there is still some underlying hostility between Maks and CA and also maybe Len. Frankly I'm not sure if the viewing public's feeling about wanting M & M out right now is correct as I was also thinking that the dancing duels and Jaleel leaving might have been a way to eliminate him (Jaleel) with a cushion of time between the "event" with Kim and his exit.
    Well you said you didn't like Kathrine's dress this week.( if we are talking a specific week) I didn't think it was great( so hit and miss) as I said.Last week she looked great. I think there are people that will read a little something into everything.Its like there is this big conspiracy, from judges, and now that includes the poor wardrobe department..Do you really think Maks would bother with this show if he thought that? and if he does think that - I don't think he's very bright.I am not a fan of his, and I don't think he would do such a show.I think the hostility you mention is because Maks doesn't like to be criticized, they were talking about his choreography with this dance . It was far too advanced for his partner.She could not keep up. I didn't like the way they said it, but it wouldn't have mattered, before they even spoke one word, Maks was rolling his eyes, or looking away. Why? I think you have to be respectful of one another( that includes the judges being respectful) but that also includes Maks listening to them.

I don't know that anything happened with Jaleel's, so I cant comment on it.I already said I didn't like him that much, I liked his dancing. I like Roshon as well.I chose these two for the bottom two , I didn't think Mellisa was going home. I just don't want to see good dancers go home. But I vote along with everyone, and let the chips fall where they may But all of this poor Maks stuff, it ruins the whole talk about dancing imho.

thanks FM
    fireflyer and ilja like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    I have a feeling that the diaper design wasn't what was first envisioned. I kind of think this was probably designed to have a higher cut leg & Melissa did not feel comfortable wearing it like that. Honestly it looked like she was wearing a Depends.

I wil honestly admit I watch DWTS mainly for Maks. A girl does need her eye candy. I normally channel surf during Mark & Derek(will admit to watching Derek with Nicole...even have their AT saved in favorites).

Maks is old school I get that & appreciate that, I prefer that. The problem with Maks is that he needs to realize that most of his partners have little to no dance experience. Don't attempt a move that you know your partner can not possibly do. Would he attempt those lifts with Kirstie? Melissa is a beautiful woman & is a good dancer when she is in her comfort zone.

I adore Maks I too am growing tired of his eye rolling at general demeanor.
    He did a lift with Kirstie, although I think the one he did with Erin where she ran and jumped is one of the best moves ever done on this show (and probably my most favorite AT ever). In the very first episode, the judges complimented Melissa on having to do a difficult routine, which lead me to think that Maks believed she could handle something tough and he wouldn't need to dumb down the routines we often see with people like Martina, Gladys, and Kate. She does seem to freeze up but backstage, seeing some of her one liners and chemistry, that's what she needs to be bringing to the floor and it'd be harder to deny her being there. She may be the weakest dancer left, but this is only a dance show when they (and we, I guess), want it to be. I learned to enjoy Gavin, and enjoyed Martina, Jack, and Sherri much more than I do Katherine and William. With those 2, it's been there, done that, for me.

In regards to the costumes-I wonder how far in advance the couples get to try them on and make sure all is well? We've had some horrible doozies this season alone. So I wonder if they try them on at the last minute, and they can't fix it, or add anything to do it (maybe that's why Martina had that horrible jive outfit with the fishnets). I really can't believe Tony having final say in letting her go out there like that. TPTB? Absolutely.

I know Melissa's time is winding down. Plus, if she comes in far behind another heavy favorite on the leaderboard (which may be on purpose), then she's done. I don't think either one believe they'll win, or even make the finals. They appeared fully ready to be announced in the bottom 2, and since Roshon was announced right before them, they looked defeated because they likely knew they wouldn't beat him. I'm enjoying these two, and their chemistry, and will miss them when they're gone. At least there's still Donald and, to a lesser extent, Maria.
    Last edited by karalott; 05-02-2012 at 04:38 PM.
    GabbyG and jucamer like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    But they should be able to trust that the stylist will make suitable recommendations in that half hour. I think the focus is partially functionality. For example, Maks would probably be knowledgeable about what would best facilitate the movement included in the choreography. But a stylist should be able to assist in helping them select something that is age and body type appropriate.

I do root for Maks and Melissa. I think he is, euphemistically speaking, under-appreciated and as for Melissa, I think I have Michael Landon looking over my shoulder.
    I love that you brought up Michael Landon. He is such a sentimental favorite of mine, ever since his days as Little Joe Cartwright on Bonanza reruns. Melissa is also a sentimental favorite. I can't think of her without thinking of Michael too.

To me Melissa will always be that sweet, freckle-faced, buck-toothed little girl on the prairie with the great big heart and even bigger work ethic. When I see Melissa dance with that look of intense (fierce?) determination on her face, I think of Half Pint shooting marbles in the schoolyard, frown on her face and tongue stuck out to help her concentrate while Willie Oleson pestered her. When she's dancing and trying to contain those enormous breasts she has now, I think of Half Pint standing at the chalkboard trying to do math with apples stuck down the front of her dress because her 'bumps' hadn't come in yet, and all the other girls already had theirs. All the glitzy glammy costumes just look wrong. Half Pint should be dancing in homespun and pigtails, with a smile as wide as the prairie.

I love Maks, always have. His dancing, choreography, costumes (or lack thereof) and beautiful smile are a joy to behold. I especially loved his pairing with Kirstie Alley. The absolute joy they had when they danced together was palpable. Kirstie became an excellent dancer under Maks' direction. But, I always choose my favorite couple based on the celeb, not the pro. I was a Kirstie fan then. I am a Melissa fan now.

I know that Melissa's time is running short on this show. But I plan to enjoy every minute of this pairing while I can. They're special.
    karalott, Florimel, GabbyG and 6 others like this.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    I have a feeling that the diaper design wasn't what was first envisioned. I kind of think this was probably designed to have a higher cut leg & Melissa did not feel comfortable wearing it like that. Honestly it looked like she was wearing a Depends.

I wil honestly admit I watch DWTS mainly for Maks. A girl does need her eye candy. I normally channel surf during Mark & Derek(will admit to watching Derek with Nicole...even have their AT saved in favorites).

Maks is old school I get that & appreciate that, I prefer that. The problem with Maks is that he needs to realize that most of his partners have little to no dance experience. Don't attempt a move that you know your partner can not possibly do. Would he attempt those lifts with Kirstie? Melissa is a beautiful woman & is a good dancer when she is in her comfort zone.

I adore Maks I too am growing tired of his eye rolling at general demeanor.
    I have a good friend that is a Maks fan, and she said the same thing you did .That being, she is tired of the eye rolling. If he wants to be part of the show, be part of it. Judges and all. No more eye rolling, as for the lifts, too many of them( she said) too many too often, the whole thing was very rushed .She said that even Val made a face in rehearsal , when Maks was talking or dancing with Melissa.
    fireflyer likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Never too old to Twinkle! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    During a clip from backstage prior to showtime, you could see Bruno walking away and Melissa telling the camera that he ignored? dissed? her. In other words she tried to speak to him but he didn't respond. Showing that clip plays directly into the drama of calling up conspiracy theories.
    My "take" on that scene. Bruno was walking past Melissa and made some type of neutral comment as you would in passing a coworker in the hallway. Melissa looked at the camera and, in a surpised tone, said "He NEVER talks to me." Then she gave her head a little shake - again as though she was surprised - and looked kind of annoyed that he had never spoken to her before (inferring there were opportunities . . . but maybe there were no cameras around, so he couldn't be bothered with her).
    combatcutie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    My "take" on that scene. Bruno was walking past Melissa and made some type of neutral comment as you would in passing a coworker in the hallway. Melissa looked at the camera and, in a surpised tone, said "He NEVER talks to me." Then she gave her head a little shake - again as though she was surprised - and looked kind of annoyed that he had never spoken to her before (inferring there were opportunities . . . but maybe there were no cameras around, so he couldn't be bothered with her).
    So, he didn't stop and make chit chat? I think they keep all that phoney stuff for the camera( I mean Bruno) they are not big buddies with any of the celebs imho.
    -Andy Rooney-

She said 'Bruno's talking to me-I wonder if that's an omen'. I loved her line about Bruno probably never having ridden the cyclone at Coney Island (and Maks saying he had likely never been there). Personally, Bruno's one judge I might want to avoid I don't know how much of his personality we see on the show translates behind the scenes, but maybe that's why we'll never see him and William mingling. Or CA and William, for that matter. I remember Karina saying once that when she was partnered with Billy Ray Cyrus in season 4 (that seems forever ago), Bruno came backstage after one of their rehearsals where the judges were pretty harsh on the duo for BR's lack of dancing. He tried to brush off the remarks and said it was all for TV and entertainment, but BR ended up brushing him off and made some remark about still being respectful and nice, despite the TV situation.

And I was looking at your avvie and realized we're going to get our Ukrainians squared next week with Melissa. I think all the couples have a latin and ballroom dance (no word if it's another theme week), but I guess both pros will be dancing with their celeb in each dance. And one of her dances is the samba. I hate Melissa.
    combatcutie and AZChristian like this.

I forgot the "omen" comment. You're right!

I forgot the "omen" comment. You're right!
    Maybe she figured Bruno was being nice to her because they figured they'd be able to get rid of her in the dance off.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    Maybe she figured Bruno was being nice to her because they figured they'd be able to get rid of her in the dance off.
    Take THAT, Bruno!

+ Reply to Thread