+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 33 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast
Like Tree737Likes

Thread: Melissa Gilbert & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 14

50 years and counting! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: Melissa Gilbert & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 14

I can drive from Phoenix. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    I hope she stays tonight too and then we will get one more week. They won't make the double elimination next week. Just one more week, that's all I want.........
    Is there a dance duel in the double elimination week? If not, then I could see Mellisa and Maks making it thru these two weeks to the final 4 since fan voting could save them next week. It isn't hard to imagine that they receive far more fan votes than Roshon or Jaleel, maybe even others. They would have to survive this week, of course, for that to happen, and that seems unlikely. To me Melissa is clearly the weekest of the remaining dancers, so if she survives this week or next it will send home a better dancer.

I don't think the judge's scores for Melissa have been all that off but their comments have been overly harsh, reminding me of Hope.

As far as Mak's future with this show, there are a few roles on this show that he might do better than dancing:
    1. Replace CA or Bruno as a judge.
    2. Replace Brooke.
    3. Create a new job mentoring the male stars. Create a similar role for one of the women pros. (Edyta?) Show him during practice helping people.

Maks is so frustrated with dancing that a change is needed.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie View Post
    I know Melissa isn't the best dancer, but she's giving it her all and improving. I think no matter who Maks is partners with gets the cold shoulder from the judges (*coughBrandycough*). The judges just cannot stand him and he knows that he is not the golden angel of the group.
    Melissa is what this show is about for me. Not that I haven't enjoyed and rooted for ringers (or close enough to a ringer), but that's the key word-I enjoyed them, and they weren't shoved down my throat or over scored or a judges darling that they couldn't give the trophy to fast enough and would overlook any mistake and flaw. The judges are comical when they pretend to be so enchanted when Katherine dances or when William takes the stage, as if they weren't expecting what they just saw.

Maks knows he has a very hardcore, large group of fans that kept him in longer than he expected. But he sees the writing on the wall, and even when he's not being outspoken, he still subtly gets it out there If I wasn't so selfish about wanting to see Maks every week, I wouldn't mind them getting out of the crossfire from the judges, because Melissa isn't going to win, and they're probably just going to get meaner with every dance.

This is the last week for the dance duel, so next week's double elimination will be strictly fan votes (unless of course a chosen one is set to get the boot and they might make something up to keep them in).
    combatcutie, Tobi, GabbyG and 2 others like this.

FORT Fanatic

I did notice that Max was very obviously upset during the judges' comments. Just what do the judges have against him?
    He is very talented, quite attractive, has a large fan base. Oh. I guess I just answered my own question.

I like Maks a lot. I like his fire and irreverence. I'm not watching this season because I'm not enough of a dance fan to enjoy the show unless I'm interested in the celebs, and this group doesn't grab me. Most of them I've never heard of, I hate to admit!

But I did tune in to see Maks & Melissa last night, and I do wish she didn't look so intense. It makes her look so much older, and like she isn't having fun. If the judges are scoring her lower than people think she deserves, that may be some of the reason why. Dance is all about joy and expression (or should be, IMO), and if there's tension on your mind there will be tension in your body, I think.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Because I can't get enough of their reaction at being announced safe: maks - Clip - YouTube

Maksim Chmerkovskiy Reveals Why the Judges Don't Like Him on DWTS - Dancing With The Stars

According to Maks, it's his style. Which, he might have a point. I've long thought Maks and some of the old school pros want to keep it real and accurate and just dance. Rather than throw in props, gimmicks, messing about, and seeing dancers get a relatively high score for not even doing the dance, while a better dancer gets lowballed for not throwing in hip hop moves.

Two Chmerkovskiy's with Melissa next week If they are in fact eliminated, at least I got to see that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandora2 View Post
    I like Maks a lot. I like his fire and irreverence. I'm not watching this season because I'm not enough of a dance fan to enjoy the show unless I'm interested in the celebs, and this group doesn't grab me. Most of them I've never heard of, I hate to admit!

But I did tune in to see Maks & Melissa last night, and I do wish she didn't look so intense. It makes her look so much older, and like she isn't having fun. If the judges are scoring her lower than people think she deserves, that may be some of the reason why. Dance is all about joy and expression (or should be, IMO), and if there's tension on your mind there will be tension in your body, I think.
    Maybe he needs to throw in a blindfold or something .Its not like he hasn't done that before .Seeing it played back again last night, while I am no fan of Jaleels, I really think she is the weakest dancer in the competition.
    Pandora2 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Regular

According to Maks, it's his style. Which, he might have a point. I've long thought Maks and some of the old school pros want to keep it real and accurate and just dance. Rather than throw in props, gimmicks, messing about, and seeing dancers get a relatively high score for not even doing the dance, while a better dancer gets lowballed for not throwing in hip hop moves.

That is why I can't understand Len's scoring. He criticizes other pairs for all of the things bolded above and then scores them higher than the ones who are doing what he says he wants to see. All three judges are giving out contradictory vibes.

FORT Fogey

The judges all need to get back on their meds.
    karalott and CrazyDutchWoman like this.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

Kudos to all of you Melissa Gilbert (...and Max) fans. WOW! You guys rock!

Clearly, the judges wanted her gone this week and, try as they may, it didn't happen. I'm glad!

Was her performance(s) the worst of the group? Probably. But, when the judges blatantly underscore a contestant....the public reacts. YAY!
    karalott, Florimel, GabbyG and 3 others like this.

+ Reply to Thread