+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
Like Tree737Likes

Thread: Melissa Gilbert & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 14

FORT Fogey

Re: Melissa Gilbert & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 14

Quote Originally Posted by Living View Post
    Melissa looked good and sexy when she practiced but dancing with Maks just highlighted how lacking she was. I now can put my finger on what had eluded me as to why I did not tend to favour Maks, he tends to outdance his partners alot. Just like Mark. So your attention is more on the male and whenever you glance at the partner she does not reach the standard in any way.

On the other hand, Derek highlights his partners and his dancing/cheorography is focused on the partner to allow the partner to shine. I feel that may be why his partners tend to do/look better. He tries not to outshine them so when they are dancing they tend to be more equal than with Maks and his partner.
    I don't see that with Mak. I think both he and Derek have a good balance there. The women pros often outdance their partners but that is because the womans role is bigger. If they didn't we wouldn't see much of a dance!
    karalott, Florimel and AZChristian like this.

FORT Fogey

All the pros outdance their partners! Maks is no worse than the others, and while I have said that I believe Derek is the strongest/gifted at choreographing, I also think he is the worst at outdancing as well. I know that people think Mark showboats, and he might, but Derek makes sure their dance looks good by making sure he looks good in spots that she might not. Just watch....he is continually doing his very flashy thing the whole time, and he is a fabulous dancer.

Melissa looked good and sexy when she practiced but dancing with Maks just highlighted how lacking she was. I now can put my finger on what had eluded me as to why I did not tend to favour Maks, he tends to outdance his partners alot. Just like Mark. So your attention is more on the male and whenever you glance at the partner she does not reach the standard in any way.
    She always look better when she is rehearsing.Then once she is dancing, ( maybe its nerves, but she seems to forget everything) .Her expression doesn't change. I really disliked their costumes. I thought he sort of pushed her around the floor.I dont think he out dances, but he doesn't compliment his partner( s).
    She will be safe as Maks has fans

On the other hand, Derek highlights his partners and his dancing/choreography is focused on the partner to allow the partner to shine. I feel that may be why his partners tend to do/look better. He tries not to outshine them so when they are dancing they tend to be more equal than with Maks and his partner.
    I have always said I want to dance with Derek( just once) now my daughter says the same thing He frames his partner so well, even if they are not as good, he can make them look pretty good
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

I thought she did a good job coming off an injury. She is starting to loosen up and let go. I hope she does it before she is eliminated. But, I can guarantee I'd be nervous too if I was partnered with sexy Maks
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

All I can add here is how hot did Maks look last night ... OMG, he gets better looking every year!

What it looks like to me is that Maks does not dumb down the dance for the star eg, Tristan/Gladys. So his choreography is more in line with what he would choreograph with another pro. Which I think should gain more points for his partner keeping up with the routine, rather than have a quickstep that's in slow motion with little dancing get a better score.

Quote Originally Posted by Bet2Win View Post
    All I can add here is how hot did Maks look last night ... OMG, he gets better looking every year!

What it looks like to me is that Maks does not dumb down the dance for the star eg, Tristan/Gladys. So his choreography is more in line with what he would choreograph with another pro. Which I think should gain more points for his partner keeping up with the routine, rather than have a quickstep that's in slow motion with little dancing get a better score.
    But if she cant keep up, which she couldn't last night - How does that work ? His partner isn't another pro.
    -Andy Rooney-

Sigh...I don't know but when Maks dances I don't notice anything else. With Derek I pay more attention to his partner.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    Sigh...I don't know but when Maks dances I don't notice anything else. With Derek I pay more attention to his partner.
    Well okay, I just feel that is unfair to Melissa, she isn't a pro, so its is important the choreography is for the level she is at.I am all for pushing them a little, ( out of their comfort zone) but not to the point where they are lost, and then points are deducted for it.If that's the case, he should never complain about the scores he is getting .
    I don't think Maks does that, otoh maybe he does.
    -Andy Rooney-

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Maks somehow manages to top himself every year when it comes to what skimpy wardrobe attire he'll wear next I really think that Melissa's time is running out, no thanks to the judges decision coming up, but she may be voted off outright next week for the double elimination (honestly, I'd rather see that than have it come down to the trio). I think Melissa is finally starting to loosen up as well, but she's still got a lot of nervousness showing. I think her paso has been her best dance yet, followed by her salsa, and next week she'll have a ballroom style (Viennese waltz), so that will be something completely different she's had. I hope she makes it to next week. I think ballroom might be a strong suit for her. Maybe I'll get lucky and she'll manage to avoid the bottom 2 all together the next few weeks, or go up against a weaker dancer. They'll keep getting my votes while they're there, and hopefully we still get to see lots of Maks in the pro numbers. Who needs the troupe (now talk about showboating and overdancing).
    combatcutie, Bet2Win and jucamer like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    But if she cant keep up, which she couldn't last night - How does that work ? His partner isn't another pro.
    But if the pro is choreographing a dance that doesn't even resemble what it's supposed to be, then how is that teaching them to dance? I swear, Gladys' dances all look like she is in slow motion, no matter what the dance is or how fast it's supposed to be.

What's the sense of having someone walk around the floor and call it dancing? So I give props to Maks for bringing an assemblance of what's supposed to be brought ... rather than changing the dance completely to showcase someone's strengths. Some of these dances are so out of touch, it's ridiculous.

+ Reply to Thread