+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Like Tree737Likes

Thread: Melissa Gilbert & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 14

Re: Melissa Gilbert & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 14

When I fell while roller skating at age 9, the rink attendants wanted to pick me up and carry me off to the side. Luckily, the supervising adults (girl scout leaders) wouldn't allow it. They said: Thanks but no thanks; we'll wait RIGHT HERE for the paramedics. I owe my life to those women. Turns out that I had a compound compressed fracture of the T-12 vertebra. Had a rink attendant played hero by picking me up, the bone fragments would have shifted to where they would have pierced my spinal cord and caused me to be paralyzed from the waist down.

You don't mess with this stuff. The guy who carried Melissa off into the sunset and those who allowed it are idiots. Half-Pint isn't so bright herself for having consented.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    When I fell while roller skating at age 9, the rink attendants wanted to pick me up and carry me off to the side. Luckily, the supervising adults (girl scout leaders) wouldn't allow it. They said: Thanks but no thanks; we'll wait RIGHT HERE for the paramedics. I owe my life to those women. Turns out that I had a compound compressed fracture of the T-12 vertebra. Had a rink attendant played hero by picking me up, the bone fragments would have shifted to where they would have pierced my spinal cord and caused me to be paralyzed from the waist down.

You don't mess with this stuff. The guy who carried Melissa off into the sunset — and those who allowed it — are idiots. Half-Pint isn't so bright herself for having consented.
    OMG. You are lucky. I often wonder why when there is a car accident, people want to run up and pull the people out of the car immediately. Unless the car is on fire, then I'm not sure why they do this. It's not safe IMO.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Gavin and the rest may not have known what was wrong with Melissa and were just trying to be helpful. If anything, the staff should have been the ones to step in and tell her to just stay where she was and not move. But maybe they were given the all clear. I don't know Either Gladys or Sherri mentioned they cleared them all out of the celebquarium I thought, but maybe they didn't want a big scene up there since the audience can see.

Here's a video from Maks talking about Melissa's injury, and it just re-affirms why I love this partnership. Maks seems very humbled in this partnership, and I feel like he has a completely new attitude and perspective on the show this season. He appears very concerned about Melissa and says he won't push her because the show isn't worth walking away with permenant injuries. I worry for Melissa this week, because they have 2 dances to learn (and I believe the 3 dance styles are AT, samba, and salsa-not the best for someone coming back from a concussion). I still wonder if Melissa will be able to return, but if she is, I bet Maks will just throw up his arms and have fun if she can't handle anything tough or complicated.

I loved seeing him and Karina hug last night And they didn't even seem to hesitate.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post

You don't mess with this stuff. The guy who carried Melissa off into the sunset — and those who allowed it — are idiots. Half-Pint isn't so bright herself for having consented.
    Melissa walked away on her own accord after hitting her noggin on Maks' knee. Heck she continued to dance and do crazy dance moves afterward. Carrying her would have not done any damage to her that wouldn't have already occurred by her continuing to dance. Yes, you are lucky, but what happened to you vs Melissa is like apples and oranges. She didn't fall, and she was able to move just fine afterward. Making sure she went to the ER to check out the extent of the concussion however, was the absolute correct thing to do.
    BTW, Florimel, Coco46 and 2 others like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

From the footage they showed several times afterward, Maks was starting to spin Laura on the floor, and her head collided with his leg, and he got her back in the right spot but the jolt from her contact w/ his leg caused him to fall himself. He took all the blame for it afterward.

Yes, I too was surprised to see what appeared to be heartfelt hugging between Karina & Maks... maybe they will be my much-wished-for romance of the season
    (Sorry FannyMare, I just had to say it)
    Last edited by fireflyer; 04-11-2012 at 11:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    Melissa walked away on her own accord after hitting her noggin on Maks' knee. Heck she continued to dance and do crazy dance moves afterward. Carrying her would have not done any damage to her that wouldn't have already occurred by her continuing to dance. Yes, you are lucky, but what happened to you vs Melissa is like apples and oranges. She didn't fall, and she was able to move just fine afterward. Making sure she went to the ER to check out the extent of the concussion however, was the absolute correct thing to do.
    I guess. But all these years later, that's a scary thing.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

P.S. I didn't respect Maks attitude much last season, but he has certainly been more watchable this go-round... less attitude, more polite, and maybe more at peace? Either that, or he got told by his employer how to shape up or ship out.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer View Post
    P.S. I didn't respect Maks attitude much last season, but he has certainly been more watchable this go-round... less attitude, more polite, and maybe more at peace? Either that, or he got told by his employer how to shape up or ship out.
    Judging from his blogs, I think Maks just figures what's the point in taking it so seriously. I didn't really think the show minded the controversy last season, or that Maks wouldn't be asked back because of it. But he's said he's over caring what the judges have to say or think, and he appears to be doing that for his partner's benefit. I believe it was Access Hollywood he was being interviewed on after Tuesday's results show, and he commented that he felt all the applause from the audience was for Melissa, not him, and he wished she could have been there for it.

Yes, I too was surprised to see what appeared to be heartfelt hugging between Karina & Maks... maybe they will be my much-wished-for romance of the season
    I'd love to see that happen However, I know my odds are probably better at winning the lottery than that happening, but at least we got a nice heartfelt hug out of them. Even though it might have seemed awkward if they didn't acknowledge each other since they were standing up there, it didn't seem like they thought twice about it.
    jucamer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer View Post

(Sorry FannyMare, I just had to say it)
    LOL you are such a romantic. I would have thought it more awkward had they not hugged .Maks stands there alone, and they are both safe It was a love-fest .

From the sound of it, knee shoulder and something else, perhaps Maks should have gone to the doctors as well.

Now, lets get to next week and some really good dancing
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Melissa looked good and sexy when she practiced but dancing with Maks just highlighted how lacking she was. I now can put my finger on what had eluded me as to why I did not tend to favour Maks, he tends to outdance his partners alot. Just like Mark. So your attention is more on the male and whenever you glance at the partner she does not reach the standard in any way.

On the other hand, Derek highlights his partners and his dancing/cheorography is focused on the partner to allow the partner to shine. I feel that may be why his partners tend to do/look better. He tries not to outshine them so when they are dancing they tend to be more equal than with Maks and his partner.

+ Reply to Thread