+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Like Tree737Likes

Thread: Melissa Gilbert & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 14

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: Melissa Gilbert & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 14

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    A tweet today from Melissa:

“@MelissaEGilbert: Those of u who've been hoping @MaksimC will wear tighter pants...wish granted.”--- Can't go any tighter

Just read this post to my husband. I think he's glad he'll be out of town on Monday and Tuesday nights so he won't have to mop up my drool.
    karalott and jucamer like this.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

First, Maks

Second, I hope Melissa is okay I remember how torn Maks was when Misty May Treanor was injured, and he blamed himself. The injury level of celebs and pros as well as mishaps during the dances seems to be getting more common in each passing season. I have no idea how Melissa injured herself, unless she hit her head and it wasn't in a good camera angle. I went back and watched the dance, and while she was being whipped around, I have no idea what could have caused her injuries. Unless she did in fact fall backstage or something.

I was very impressed with her paso tonight. I think she definitely started coming out of her shell and got into the character better than she has with her other dances. I'd call this her breakthrough, and I'd hate to see her go out due to an injury. Whether I like a celeb/pro or not, I hate seeing anyone's season come to an end due to an injury
    Bet2Win, jucamer and Debb70 like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    First, Maks

Second, I hope Melissa is okay I remember how torn Maks was when Misty May Treanor was injured, and he blamed himself. The injury level of celebs and pros as well as mishaps during the dances seems to be getting more common in each passing season. I have no idea how Melissa injured herself, unless she hit her head and it wasn't in a good camera angle. I went back and watched the dance, and while she was being whipped around, I have no idea what could have caused her injuries. Unless she did in fact fall backstage or something.

I was very impressed with her paso tonight. I think she definitely started coming out of her shell and got into the character better than she has with her other dances. I'd call this her breakthrough, and I'd hate to see her go out due to an injury. Whether I like a celeb/pro or not, I hate seeing anyone's season come to an end due to an injury
    According to on-line reports, she hit her head on the dance floor when Maks dipped her deeply towards the floor. Then she started complaining about being dizzy and having other symptoms that suggested a possible concussion, so she was taken to the hospital as a precaution, because as Val pointed out, that's not something with which you want to take a chance. They talked to Val, rather than Maks, because Maks was at the hospital with Melissa when they did the interview. Sherri joked that that's what happens when you try and kill one of the Chermikovskiy boys--you end up in the hospital.
    karalott likes this.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

I hope Melissa is okay. I thought she did a great job last night. She is starting to come into her own and get more comfortable.
    karalott and Florimel like this.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Thank God, she spoke up and got medical attention. You can't be too careful with a head or neck injury. Recall the Richardson lady who died after hitting her head, because she thought it was nothing and refused medical treament. Prayers for Melissa. She's my favorite.

FORT Fogey

Concussions shouldn't be taken lightly, even mild ones. I'm glad Melissa got to the hospital quicky. I'm sure she'll be OK, but I'm sort of hoping she doesn't come back to dance, even though she's my favorite. It's just not worth possible long-term consequences, or further injury.

for Melissa and Maks
    karalott and jucamer like this.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

Melissa is such a trooper. I'll respect her decision either way.
    karalott, Florimel and jucamer like this.

Concussions shouldn't be taken lightly, even mild ones. I'm glad Melissa got to the hospital quicky.
    Yes, indeed. Any head injury needs to be taken very seriously. I remember what happened to actress Natasha Richardson (daughter of Vanessa Redgrave) a couple of years ago. . .
    karalott likes this.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

I'm so glad that they talked about the pressing issue on why Maks didn't carry her down the steps. I knew something had to be up b/c he wouldn't just turn his back on his partner. I sure hope Melissa is okay and will continue to dance and come out of her shell
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by tango7 View Post
    Yes, indeed. Any head injury needs to be taken very seriously. I remember what happened to actress Natasha Richardson (daughter of Vanessa Redgrave) a couple of years ago. . .
    Even though I felt foolish, I called my Doctor immediately after I hit my head in a weird fall. She asked a few questions and told me to "watch" for specific things for about 10-15 minutes. I was told if any of those things occurred, not to call her (the doctor) but to call EMS.

There are a lot of things that can happen when you hit your head and it's more foolish to take chances.

I'm glad Melissa is OK so far.
    Ellen, AZChristian and jucamer like this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread