+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Like Tree737Likes

Thread: Melissa Gilbert & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 14

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Melissa Gilbert & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 14

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    I am worried for M & M tonight. I thought they did exceptionally well, all things considered ... but she doesn't seem to have a strong fan base.

Her dancing is getting better but take a look at her facial expressions. She's an actress, but her expressions were very focused on the dance. My impression was that she was counting the steps ... if you know what I mean.

I feel bad because I forgot her call in number and missed it last night and so didn't vote. Dang!
    I am the most worried for these two tonight. It's really a crap shoot who will go, and I mostly don't want to lose Maks I can't say I'll be overly surprised if they do go, although in a much less competitive season I think she'd be around awhile. Her jive was her better dance of the two, but I thought it was still somewhat weak. I don't think the judges would have dared low balled or criticized anyone because it probably would have worked to that person's benefit (hmm, maybe they should have given her 7s). Maks seems to be a shell of himself but he may be watching himself after last season. He addressed in his blog he's done with the judges. Whether this was the show's doing or that they want him to be the hot headed and outspoken Ukrainian bad boy I don't know.

OMG!!!! This is 15 minutes from my house!!! Where do I sign up!

'Dancing With the Stars' Pros Heading to Stamford | The Daily Stamford
    karalott likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by beerbelly View Post
    I really like Melissa - recently divorced she seem she really needs this. There is something about her that seems so sad and she has a lot to prove. Maybe I am reading too much into this....
    I agree. I am Dutch and Melissa is one contestant we all know here as well and she seems so sad sometimes, You can see she has not had it all easy. Other stars I know are Martina,Gladys of course,oh and that is it. I am not a fan of soaps so maybe other people from here do know jack and Jaleel

Now I really hope Melissa will try to enjoy the dance more on the night. Did she ask for Maks? I think he is pretty popular with the female celebrities. If not they have no taste!
    karalott and jucamer like this.

Melissa said during a clip that she had hopedd to be placed w/ Maks because he was tough w/ his partners to get good results. She wanted critiques that would push her to learn.

You're right, she does often seem sad.
    Or maybe it's simply that when compared to Sherri, everyone else seems sad.

One thing confused me this week... was that actually a jive? I recognized some jive postures in the fast parts, but the majority of the song was slow music, and it didn't look like past jives. I'm no expert, so maybe there are slow jive moves, also?

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer View Post
    One thing confused me this week... was that actually a jive? I recognized some jive postures in the fast parts, but the majority of the song was slow music, and it didn't look like past jives. I'm no expert, so maybe there are slow jive moves, also?
    Yes, it was a jive, but they kept mixing rumba moves in with it, so it was confusing.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

So why didn't the judges critique Maks for not sticking to the script? Usually when someone gets to far away from the subject of the dance, the judges say they should've included more content. But this dance, that hardly had any jive at all, got good reviews. Still confused.

A tweet today from Melissa:

“@MelissaEGilbert: Those of u who've been hoping @MaksimC will wear tighter pants...wish granted.”--- Can't go any tighter

karalott and AZChristian like this.

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer View Post
    So why didn't the judges critique Maks for not sticking to the script? Usually when someone gets to far away from the subject of the dance, the judges say they should've included more content. But this dance, that hardly had any jive at all, got good reviews. Still confused.
    Maybe they thought he would pout.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    A tweet today from Melissa:

@MelissaEGilbert: Those of u who've been hoping @MaksimC will wear tighter pants...wish granted.--- Can't go any tighter

Now hopefully Val comes through But at least we got Maks. If they're going to go out this week, and I do worry they will if they wind up in the bottom 2 and have to leave it up to the 3 stooges, then at least we got a glimpse of the leather pants. I won't be able to watch until later, so I'll want details (especially if he goes shirtless on top of it )
    There've been a couple of times when they use a much slower paced song for a jive and get away without all the high energy, and kicks and flicks. At this point, I think the judges only call a dance out for not being the actual dance when they want to. Many thought Katherine's waltz was lacking in waltz content, that Sherri's jive wasn't really a jive, and in the past, CA has defended herself on twitter for awarding high scores to dances that weren't anything close to the actual dance the celeb was supposed to be doing.
    Last edited by karalott; 04-08-2012 at 07:33 PM.

+ Reply to Thread