+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree75Likes

Thread: Sherri Shepherd & Val Chmerkovskiy - Season 14

Sherri Shepherd & Val Chmerkovskiy - Season 14

Sherri Shepherd
    "The View's Sassiest"

Pro: Val Chmerkovskiy

Sherri Shepherd is an actress, comedienne and co-host of ABC's popular daytime talk show The View. Whether she's on stage or screen, this Daytime Emmy® Award winner's magnetic personality and hilarious sense of humor never fails to delight audiences.

Sherri has appeared in such popular television shows as 30 Rock, Less than Perfect and Everybody Loves Raymond and in films including Precious, Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa and most recently One for the Money.

Sherri is the author of a humorous autobiography Permission Slips: Every Woman's Guide to Giving Yourself a Break. Now Sherri is ready to add Dancing star to her ever-growing list of accomplishments. Think they'll dish about her performance on The View?

Cast Bios - ABC.com

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Sherri Shepherd & Val Chmerkovskiy - Season 14

So happy Val is back! I know Sherri has been a long time rumor of the show and someone who's been one of the biggest fans that has wanted to do it. I don't watch The View all that much, but I like Sherri from what I've seen of her. I'm happy she's finally able to realize her dream and do the show. Did I mention Val? Yeah, and I'm also glad he at least has a partner that will hopefully take him far. I don't know if I see her winning, or even making the finals, but I think she'll be around a good chunk of the season. At least Val can really show off what he can do.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

I'm happy Val is back, but disappointed he has the annoying Sherri as a partner.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

I wish Sherri all the best, but something tells me that we will never hear the end of her being on this show. I pray she does well, because if not, her reliving it will probably be worse.

Do you recall that Wendy Williams was on DWTS? She did not do well at all. She is still bitter about it and never fails to make negative comments about the show and those who do well on there. (I like Wendy and watch her regularly, but this is one thing about her that bothers me.)

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I wish Sherri all the best, but something tells me that we will never hear the end of her being on this show. I pray she does well, because if not, her reliving it will probably be worse.

Do you recall that Wendy Williams was on DWTS? She did not do well at all. She is still bitter about it and never fails to make negative comments about the show and those who do well on there. (I like Wendy and watch her regularly, but this is one thing about her that bothers me.)
    I think she may surprise us, I do hope so. I dont care about Val, or who he has as a partner, you work with what you have. In this case, who you have
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Having watched Wendy prior to DWTS, I was excited for her to do the show. But once she got on the floor and rehearsals, she wasn't anything like the sassy personality that hosts her show. Her dancing and attitude were horrible (poor Tony-first Kate, then Wendy; and what's funny is, he said his wife was a fan of both prior to the show). I think she had the divatude that she was the biggest star and doing a lot better than the judges gave her credit for. I'm not surprised she was the second to go that season, and rightfully so. I heard she dissed Tony on the show once, although I didn't know if that was true. I think it's kind of funny that she remains bitter. I haven't watched her show in a long time, so I'll have to check it out.

I dont know Wendy Williams but Sherri will talk about this non stop, I am sure
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

(I'm not understanding why Wendy Williams is being discussed - she's gone from the, she is not on this season, and she has nothing to do with Sherri Shepherd at all.)

Anyway, I find Sherri annoying on the The View, and also on every show I've seen her on (except 30 Rock).

Also, I think there is some truth to the stories about her cheating to get on the show. Frankly, I was hoping Sherri would get tossed off this past week. I saw her on Access Hollywood the other night – bouncing her boobs, wide grinning, talking about sex with her husband, saying she hopes her wig doesn’t come off – the usual Sherri schtick.

Her dancing? Well, we’ll see tomorrow. But her rehearsal clips combined with all the yammering she’ll undoubtedly do will, imo, = insufferable.

If Sherri were to get canned, all she has to do is throw one name back at the producers to show them what hypocrites they'd be: Chuck Wicks, who was dating Julianne prior to being on the show. Even though they both denied that Chuck had been practicing prior to show, whose to say they were being honest? And I really don't think, assuming Sherri cheated (which I don't believe she did), it would give her anymore of an advantage, as say Nicole or Mya had with their years and years of dancing and choreography experience. Her tweet prior to the cast announcement makes me think she didn't know until then she was being on the actual line up. I'm not surprised this "controversy" crept up in the week leading up to the premiere. Also, TMZ is reporting that the rumor of a contestant having to drop out (and where the Courtney Robinson joining the show came from) might have been started by another celeb's people as sabotage. I guess this is the best they can do in a controversy free season.

Even if I find her annoying, at least there's Val I can always mute her. I saw that clip of her jive, and I have to say, I thought she was doing pretty well. I think she'll probably turn into a Niecy 2.0, but I really hope they don't do a comedy schtick every week. It's hard to say how well they'll do. She has the name recognition, but so do nearly all the couples this season. She may be a surprising early ouster, but I think she'll be around almost until the end, or at least half way.
    Last edited by karalott; 03-19-2012 at 12:49 AM.
    combatcutie and jucamer like this.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

She did well last night, but she is as annoying as a gnat. I can't stand her "let's try to be funny" attitude. I had to change the channel when she started talking
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast