+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: Are you all happy with this season 14 cast

FORT Newbie

Are you all happy with this season 14 cast

are you all happy with season 14 cast members of this show dancing with the stars

i think that this seasons cast was ok there was some celebs i hope would do this show this time that did not do it but it was ok
    Last edited by The Mod Team; 02-28-2012 at 06:28 PM.

Re: are you all happy with this season cast

I am delighted with this season's cast, especially after the rumors that were surfacing within the last month. I will be watching and voting for sure this season. It is likely that many of these "stars" will actually have some rhythm and be able to move well. The pro partner lineup looks great too - except I wish that Mark Ballas had taken a break this season and made way for Jonathan Roberts instead. I would love to see the elegance of Jonathan paired with Katherine, especially in the traditional ballroom dances.
    karalott, mandmmom2 and jucamer like this.

I agree with you dancingdad!!!
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by DancingDad View Post
    I am delighted with this season's cast, especially after the rumors that were surfacing within the last month. I will be watching and voting for sure this season. It is likely that many of these "stars" will actually have some rhythm and be able to move well. The pro partner lineup looks great too - except I wish that Mark Ballas had taken a break this season and made way for Jonathan Roberts instead. I would love to see the elegance of Jonathan paired with Katherine, especially in the traditional ballroom dances.
    Jonathan, unfortuantely, has retired from the show. But it's not like I blame him given what his last seasons were like. Same with Edyta and Alec, who I also greatly miss. Katherine and Mark look to be an odd match on paper. I'm not sure she'll have the fan base right away to last long, and I think adding Mark to the mix is a negative. However, someone under the nostalgia label will probably fizzle quicker than others, and we'll probably have an unknown who surprises like J.R., Kyle, and Gilles. Maybe it'll be Katherine. It'd be nice for Mark to reign it in. I agree with you that after the rumors of Kardashians and Lohans, and with The Voice beating Idol overall and having a surge in viewers, I worried what DWTS would do to try and generate controversy and ratings. Thank god no Kardashians!!! Or politicians. Luckily the ones they wanted seemed to be pre-occupied. I think this is probably the closest we've had to a season where people actually qualify as 'stars' in their own right. Everyone's got lengthly resumes or at least something long standing and legit on them.

My pre show favorites are Maria (Derek aside), Sherri, Jack, and Jaleel, and I'll root for Melissa for Maks. I usually come around to the football guys, and they've always done extremely well. I think the worst placements for them was LT and Michael Irving, but they still made it half way in their respective seasons. And I know Jaleel has tried to get away from his Urkel type casting, but I'd love it if he broke out into 'The Urkel' for the finale. Family Matters was one of my favorite TGIF shows, and one I still loved to watch in re-runs. Hopefully some of the cast shows up to support him. I'm also glad Peta and Val seem to have a shot of going far this season.
    Last edited by karalott; 02-28-2012 at 01:43 PM.
    jucamer likes this.

I'm very pleased with this year's cast. There are no reality show pseudo celebrities, no crooked politicians, no ex-wives. Although there are a couple of stars I don't know, it appears that all of them have real talent. The only celeb I don't like is Sherri Shepherd and the only pro I'd rather not have seen back is Mark. Even those two are not that bad as compared to such as Nancy Grace, Kate Gosselin, etc. I'm very excited to see Martina and Gladys Knight. I'm happy to see Cheryl paired with a telemundo star; she always seem to do well with the Latin types. I'm anticipating a lot of entertainment from Jaleel White and Donald Driver just might be another good NFL'er. I'm also pleased to see Peta, Tristan, and Val back.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Not that I care one way or the other - but no Lacey this time?

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    Not that I care one way or the other - but no Lacey this time?
    Nope. Although Lacey has started to grow on me, she's still not a pro I care to have back. In fact, when DWTSGossip leaked the list of female pros who had signed on for this season, I didn't even notice she was missing. I am surprised they brought Peta back, since first time pros don't have the best track record of longevity on this show (especially first time pros who have an early exit). But I'm glad she's getting a second chance. I'd rather Lacey back over Karina, and I could use a break from Cheryl, but aside from that, I'm content with the girls we have. I have high hopes for Jack and Anna (I'm glad she seems to be more of a regular), and Jaleel and Kym look to be a lot of fun. Have I mentioned I'm excited Chelsie is back? On the guys side, I could use a permanant break from Mark, and wish Derek would get a challenge for once, but again, I'm happy Maks, Val, Tristan, and Tony are back I think Tristan lucked out in getting the biggest star on paper. Whether Gladys can dance or not who knows (I feel like latin will be a challenge for her), but I expect her to last awhile.

I will see when the season starts. More often than not, the ones that are supposed to be able to dance dont, or cant. The ones we think wont can

I'm quite happy with this cast, mainly because the % of cast members who could actually be called "stars" is incredibly high. No reality show freaks, no polarizing hate magnets, no politics dragging people down. I'm a happy pappy.
    karalott, jucamer and Fanny Mare like this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

I am happy with the cast too for the most part. I wish they'd given Tristan a better partner than Gladys though. Although he did take Nancy farther than I thought she'd go last season.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast