+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: *Dancing With the Stars 14 (Spring 2012)* Spoilers & Speculation

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

*Dancing With the Stars 14 (Spring 2012)* Spoilers & Speculation

Already casting rumors are starting to float around, although nothing I'd put too much stock in (we have a couple of the usual suspects):

Dina Lohan (I think we'll be getting a Dina rumor every season; hopefully it doesn't come true and stays a rumor. However, this time she finally forced got daughter Lilo to tweet in support of her mom joining the show and asked people to tweet her back in response if they thought it'd be a good idea. Just don't give her to Tony. He already suffered through Kate).

Kris Jenner (not surprised we're getting another Kardashian in the mix, as we'll likely be hearing Kardashian rumors every season. E! should just do their own Dancing with the Kardashian's special. But I have a feeling we haven't seen the last of them on the dance floor. I question whether she'd win fans over as Rob appeared to do).

Ryan O'Neal (dropped out this season and was replaced by Carson. Said he'll be back for season 14, and will win the whole thing. If by win he means get a nice consolation prize for being one of the first to go. Just a guess on my part that's where he'll fall).

Landon Donovan (soccer star and was originally rumored and seen tweeting Cheryl before season 11. DWTS Gossip saw him at the after party after the finale. May not mean anything, as I think the spring season would interfere with his schedule. Perhaps we'll see him in the fall after the Olympics).

Suze Orman (has said previously she turned them down after being asked, but would fit a different type of contestant and demo, and was seen in the audience frequently this past season. Some contestants turned the show down season after season after season, only to finally show up and strut (or clomp) their stuff).

Paul Reubens (said many times this past season, as he supported friend David Arquette, that he wants to do the show).

Katie Couric (also expressed interest in doing the show, and has a new talk show starting on ABC. No better publicity than this).

Stevie Wonder (rumored in the past but is a fan of the show, and going by what he said on Ellen, he'd gladly do it. He'd probably be one of the closest things to an A-lister and legit star this show has ever had, and we know the show loves stunt casting): Stevie Wonder to join 'Dancing' | TV | Entertainment | Toronto Sun

Soul legend Stevie Wonder is losing weight so he can look good while competing on Dancing with the Stars.

The Sir Duke singer insists he's deadly serious about showing off his dance floor moves on the show.

Announcing the news on Wednesday's Ellen DeGeneres Show, Wonder said, "I'm losing weight. When I get to where I feel like I'm gonna look good enough for what I wanna do I'll do that."

He'll be the first blind celebrity to dance on the show but not the first with a major disability - deaf actress Marlee Matlin and her partner Fabian Sanchez finished seventh in the contest in 2008.
    I posted an article in the media thread that the premiere date is March 19th, with the first results show the following Tuesday on the 27th.
    Last edited by karalott; 12-01-2011 at 04:56 PM.

Re: *Dancing With the Stars 14 (Spring 2012)* Spoilers & Speculation

If any of this is true, it's further evidence that the producers use the term "Stars" loosely. Although, if Suze Orman were to be on the show, then my mother would probably watch the show - she loves her.

Maybe there could be a Dancing with the Stars: Kardashian Edition with perhaps troupe members sometime during the summer. That way we can get them all at one time and be done with them.
    karalott, Miss_Griss and JavaJo like this.

Looks like Derek will be returning for season 14:

MMA Awards photos: Hometown heroes win amid glitz, brawn at Palms - Thursday, Dec. 1, 2011 | 3:37 p.m. - Las Vegas Sun

Pro champion Derek, who presented Submission of the Year, told me he’s signed on for the next season of “DTWS” that starts in March. He said that he was injured for the first time this season with a dislocated shoulder. “I still feel that,” he admitted. “I now know how the fighters feel. I admire their dedication and discipline -- it’s the same as a dancer. There are a lot of similar techniques between the two sports. There’s a lot of dancing in MMA. … I love going to the bouts. I have hopped over to Vegas to watch many of them because my mom has lived here now for 13 years.”
    Cheryl and Mark were at this event with them, and while there was no mention of their status, more than likely they'll be back (especially if Derek returns, I can't see the show ditching Mark). Also, I might have misunderstood what he meant, but when he said this was the first season he was injured-did he forget the 2 seasons where he was carried out on a stretcher with a neck brace because of a nasty fall? Unless that comment meant his dislocated shoulder was his first injury of the actual season.

Quote Originally Posted by TIA__MA View Post
    If any of this is true, it's further evidence that the producers use the term "Stars" loosely. Although, if Suze Orman were to be on the show, then my mother would probably watch the show - she loves her.

Maybe there could be a Dancing with the Stars: Kardashian Edition with perhaps troupe members sometime during the summer. That way we can get them all at one time and be done with them.
    That's a great idea, Tia. I could let DWTS know what I think about their casting and also let the Kardashians know what I think about them - by not tuning in.
    karalott, TIA__MA and AZChristian like this.

karalott, Florimel and jucamer like this.

50 years and counting! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bet2Win View Post
    Like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like.

karalott, Bet2Win and jucamer like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bet2Win View Post
    to the entire article. That's everything I've heard about Maks-he's a big ball of fluff in real life and the whole bad boy thing is just for the show (similar to Lacey being the rebel). I do think he is very passionate about dancing and has said numerous times he was on the show to promote ballroom, and hasn't exactly liked some of the changes being made (I guess so people don't have a wrong impression if they decide to sign up and take lessons). His spats with the judges are what made the most waves this season in the press. No other pro will go off like that. It's a win/win for the producers. They keep a popular pro in for the fans and who provides them with plenty of drama (or a possible showmance).

Here's a video of Conrad Green from the finale after party. He seems quite camera shy, but if he skip to 2:30, he briefly addresses Maks-says he wasn't in trouble and that he was a great guy.

DWTS Finale Party Executive Producer Conrad Green shot by KAT TALES TV - YouTube

That's a great idea, Tia. I could let DWTS know what I think about their casting and also let the Kardashians know what I think about them - by not tuning in.
    Works for me. I can't always avoid them when they're on here, but on E! I don't have to look at them. I suppose if they're still trying to do damage control from Kim's ill fate marriage (assuming all their mud slinging at Kris backfires), we may see Mama Kris or Bruce or whoever trotted out to try and make them seem like one happy, not-fake, not publicity seeking family.
    Last edited by karalott; 12-03-2011 at 01:59 PM.
    Bet2Win likes this.

There is no one on the list of possibles above that I have the slightest interest in seeing except, perhaps, the soccer player. On the other hand,
    Jeffrey Donovan of Burn Notice was on Live with Kelly this morning with Derek as co-host. Jeffrey revealed that he had been studied both theater and dance in college. I'd definitely tune in to watch him dance.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Regis Philbin & Taylor Armstrong -- 'Dancing With the Stars' Season 14?

HollywoodLife.com’s ‘Dancing With The Stars’ insider says Beverly Hills housewife Taylor Armstrong and TV Legend Regis Philbin are on the producers dream list. What would you think if they joined next seasons cast?
    With ratings down last year, Dancing With The Stars needs to take a cue from its title and grab some stars to add to next season’s list of contenders. As much as all of us loved last years winner J.R. Martinez, do you still have any idea why he was considered a star? Well, that could all change if ABC can grab some people from their dream list for season 14.

“We would love to have the drama and emotion that Taylor Armstrong would bring to the show and counter that with the lovability that Regis Philbin has given audiences for decades,” a source at the hit show tells HollywoodLife.com exclusively. “ABC has a wonderful relationship with Regis from his Who Wants To Be A Millionaire days. Plus, who wouldn’t want to see what Taylor would bring to the dance floor each week?”

In the last few weeks and months since the show has ended, the reality competition has reached out to Kendall and Kylie Jenner and various Republican candidates in an effort to improve the star quality and ratings so they can make this next season the best season yet!

So HollywoodLifers, would you want to see Taylor and Regis grace the Dancing with the Stars stage? Sound off below!
    Another Regis rumor. He jokingly said, while still hosting Regis & Kelly, he'd only do it if he could be partnered with Derek (or maybe he was serious). He did say he thought it was too much work, but we'll see. I thought Regis found out his lost his WWTBAM gig by reading it in the paper; not sure that's what I'd call good terms and loving someone. As much as I like Regis, quite honestly, I don't want 11-12 ringers, but I really want people who aren't going to clomp around onstage, be another Master P/Bristol Palin, but get overscored and overpraised by the 3 stooges, who then turn around and whine when better dancers get booted early. I think the show could do things to improve rather than looking for the biggest divas, drama queens, fame whoring families, cry babies, and head cases to fill the roster. Those names aren't exactly improving the "star quality". Give me another J.R. anyday. He was at least enjoyable. Taylor Armstrong? I don't watch any RHW series, but heard all about her over her husband's suicide and abuse scandals. I remember the day when another RHW wanted to get on the show but was told they weren't taking reality show celebs of her caliber. I guess if they can throw a good fit and cause their partner to storm out, they're good enough for the producers. The spring season has always been a much better season, so hopefully none of the names above turn out to be true. Enough with the freaking Kardashian klan! One day, when their fame dries up, they'll just be remembered for being an overexposed and no-talent sideshow.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    Regis Philbin & Taylor Armstrong -- 'Dancing With the Stars' Season 14?

Another Regis rumor. He jokingly said, while still hosting Regis & Kelly, he'd only do it if he could be partnered with Derek (or maybe he was serious). He did say he thought it was too much work, but we'll see. I thought Regis found out his lost his WWTBAM gig by reading it in the paper; not sure that's what I'd call good terms and loving someone. As much as I like Regis, quite honestly, I don't want 11-12 ringers, but I really want people who aren't going to clomp around onstage, be another Master P/Bristol Palin, but get overscored and overpraised by the 3 stooges, who then turn around and whine when better dancers get booted early. I think the show could do things to improve rather than looking for the biggest divas, drama queens, fame whoring families, cry babies, and head cases to fill the roster. Those names aren't exactly improving the "star quality". Give me another J.R. anyday. He was at least enjoyable. Taylor Armstrong? I don't watch any RHW series, but heard all about her over her husband's suicide and abuse scandals. I remember the day when another RHW wanted to get on the show but was told they weren't taking reality show celebs of her caliber. I guess if they can throw a good fit and cause their partner to storm out, they're good enough for the producers. The spring season has always been a much better season, so hopefully none of the names above turn out to be true. Enough with the freaking Kardashian klan! One day, when their fame dries up, they'll just be remembered for being an overexposed and no-talent sideshow.

OMG!!! Taylor is a despicable famewhore and I WILL NOT watch next season if she's on - I'm sorry Maks!!
    karalott likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast