+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: *Dancing With the Stars 14 (Spring 2012)* Spoilers & Speculation

FORT Fanatic Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion

Re: *Dancing With the Stars 14 (Spring 2012)* Spoilers & Speculation

Jack should have a pretty good fan base supporting him, I would think. He not only has the CBS soap fans, he has Melrose Place fans, and he'll have General Hospital fans rooting for him, since he was half of the very popular super couple Frisco and Felicia on that show for years.
    jucamer and Fanny Mare like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronwyn View Post
    Jack should have a pretty good fan base supporting him, I would think. He not only has the CBS soap fans, he has Melrose Place fans, and he'll have General Hospital fans rooting for him, since he was half of the very popular super couple Frisco and Felicia on that show for years.
    I agree.

Sherri Shepherd will have all her view fans. She has wanted to do this show for years! well it seems like years. Now, can she dance? I hope so

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

DWTSGossip is now saying there will be 12 couples this season. Looks like I'm getting both my Chmerkovskiy's after all

Jack, Maria, and possibly Sherri are 3 celebs so far I could see myself rooting for. Jack and Maria especially, and thankfully Maria seems too tall for Mark. Jack is a singer, too, IIRC, although his success has obviously been more in acting. Soap stars have usually done well, with Aiden Turner being the exception. And Jack is pretty well known. It's hard to say, though, especially compared to whoever the other stars are, how well/appealing Jack does and comes across, and whether there's any breakouts like Gilles or J.R..
    jucamer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    You beat me to it Brownyn

'Dancing with the Stars' -- Contestants REVEALED ... Jack Wagner, Melissa Gilbert, Sherri Shepherd | TMZ.com

I thought Jack Wagner was on a CBS soap? All 3 have been rumored in the past, so we'll see. Melissa Gilbert was actually the first rumor to break last season, and it never happened (plus, she had said in the past she turned them down). Can't say I'm overly excited about those 3, but I do like Jack. There was a rumored General Hospital alumni that is supposed to be on the show, so I guess it's likely Jack, if it's true. And if the other rumors are true, so far we're up to Sherri, Jack, Melissa, Annika Sorenstam, and Gavin DeGraw. Kind of yawn worthy and predictable to me, but we'll see. Sometimes the cast that doesn't look so good on paper turns out to be good. But I doubt any of those 5 will be in the winners circle when it's all said and done. The show has been ringer-less for 2 seasons, so I'm betting we get one this season.

Not sure who I see these guys paired with. Jack seems like a Karina/Anna/Kym/Peta type. He'd probably be too tall for Chelsie. Tony has been tweeting with Annika, and since he suggested her and is such a big golf fan, I'm guessing they'll go together. Melissa and Sherri will probably go to Tristan and whatever Chmerkovskiy is on. For whatever reason, they always seem to save the young stars for Mark. Karina and Peta said they'll be meeting their partners within a couple of days, Cheryl was supposed to start rehearsals this week, and Tony said he'd be finding out by today who his partner is.

I love Melissa and Jack!!!! I would love Melissa to be paired with Maks!!!!! I don't know if she has any dance experience (can't see that she would have much since she was a child actor practically from the day she was born!). I know she puts her heart and soul into everything she does and I can see her in the finals with Maks! Please, please let him be on this season!!
    karalott likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronwyn View Post
    TMZ says Maks is back and is partnered with Melissa Gilbert.

OMG!!!! FOR THE WIN!!!!!
    karalott and Bet2Win like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    OMG!!!! FOR THE WIN!!!!!

I guess I really should read the entire thread before commenting - I do that ALL the time! I really hope it's true!!!!

I've had enough of Maks v. Carrie Anne. Guess the ratings love the drama, but I'd just as soon have only one or the other return.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by RickiRick View Post
    I've had enough of Maks v. Carrie Anne. Guess the ratings love the drama, but I'd just as soon have only one or the other return.
    Hopefully CA drops whatever she has against Maks and stays out of whatever tiff he's in with Len or Bruno. I'd get rid of CA regardless of whether Maks was back or not; she does nothing for me, is the most inconsistant, and the most bias. I think all the judges have their faults, and Bruno can be quite mean (or make no sense with his metaphors and karate chopping he does with his arms), but he can give constructive criticism better than Sgt. Lift Police. Somebody sent me a link to the recently completed Polish version of this show, and there were lifts all over the place in their dances. Some intentional, others were merely a foot coming off the floor. But it made the dance that much better. SCD also doesn't have a big issue with lifts. I wish the show would tell her to get over it, but I continue to feel like it's the only thing she knows how to critique, if she wants to ding a couple she can use that (and if she doesn't she can ignore it and defend herself on twitter), and it obviously creates drama among the couples and fans. I hope there's no drama like there was last season at all, over Bruno's remarks and Chaz getting upset, or Mak vs the judges and the edit he got with Hope. Hopefully this is more like season 10 and 12, drama free, fun, carefree, good dancing, and hopefully (what I want more than anything) is an unpredictable season.
    Bet2Win and jucamer like this.

RickiRick;4434824]I've had enough of Maks v. Carrie Anne. Guess the ratings love the drama, but I'd just as soon have only one or the other return
    Maks is likely to do the same thing over and over.He doesn't win, so he does this.

I'd be surprised if Melissa is partnered with Maks (again, depending if this is true and the other female contestants rumored so far are true). The latest rumor on the mill is GMA co-host Robin Roberts, who danced with both Maks and Val on the show (GMA that is). She's on the taller side, as is Maria Menounos. I'm skeptical that the show would have 3 female talk show hosts on in the same season, but who knows, they may be hoping the free publicity gives them a ratings boost from last seasons low. I'm not saying it couldn't work, height wise, because Tony has definitely partnered shorter celebs before, and I think they're about the same height. But if Maria and Robin are on the taller side, they may save the shorter celebs for Derek and Mark (who need them), and then Val and Tristan, who are probably the next shortest. But I'd love to see Maria get either Maks, Val, or Tristan

It's basically a broken record about Maks and his attitude-either you like him or you don't. But, what Maks and the judges do is exactly the response the show wants-we're talking about it, and it made headlines last season, and was the focal point of a couple of weeks of entertainment news coverage. I don't think any one pro brings the ratings; the show's been fine since Julianne left, and so on when other pros took a break. Season 10 and 12 had some of the highest ratings when some of the most popular pros were gone. No one else, except maybe Tony and Val, are going to create the kind of outspoken buzz Maks creates. He gets to come back, his fans can rejoice, and the show wins. I believe a lot of what the judges say and score is already scripted by the show as it is, which is probably why they can't come up with original critiques or burn out on constructive criticism. And why celebs like Chaz and Bristol got the scores they did for the way they danced (or lack of).

+ Reply to Thread