+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: *Dancing With the Stars 14 (Spring 2012)* Spoilers & Speculation

FORT Fanatic

Re: *Dancing With the Stars 14 (Spring 2012)* Spoilers & Speculation

TMZ is reporting Sherri Shepherd, Jack Wagner, and Melissa Gilbert are on.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

You beat me to it Brownyn

'Dancing with the Stars' -- Contestants REVEALED ... Jack Wagner, Melissa Gilbert, Sherri Shepherd | TMZ.com

I thought Jack Wagner was on a CBS soap? All 3 have been rumored in the past, so we'll see. Melissa Gilbert was actually the first rumor to break last season, and it never happened (plus, she had said in the past she turned them down). Can't say I'm overly excited about those 3, but I do like Jack. There was a rumored General Hospital alumni that is supposed to be on the show, so I guess it's likely Jack, if it's true. And if the other rumors are true, so far we're up to Sherri, Jack, Melissa, Annika Sorenstam, and Gavin DeGraw. Kind of yawn worthy and predictable to me, but we'll see. Sometimes the cast that doesn't look so good on paper turns out to be good. But I doubt any of those 5 will be in the winners circle when it's all said and done. The show has been ringer-less for 2 seasons, so I'm betting we get one this season.

Not sure who I see these guys paired with. Jack seems like a Karina/Anna/Kym/Peta type. He'd probably be too tall for Chelsie. Tony has been tweeting with Annika, and since he suggested her and is such a big golf fan, I'm guessing they'll go together. Melissa and Sherri will probably go to Tristan and whatever Chmerkovskiy is on. For whatever reason, they always seem to save the young stars for Mark. Karina and Peta said they'll be meeting their partners within a couple of days, Cheryl was supposed to start rehearsals this week, and Tony said he'd be finding out by today who his partner is.
    Last edited by karalott; 02-24-2012 at 06:30 PM.

I'm just happy when they find actual celebrities who can actually be tied to a movie, TV show or real chart-topping musical career. I don't care how long ago it was -- just as long as it's something they actually applied some craft to accomplish. I'll take an aging soap star over a supporting character from a reality show any day.
    karalott and mandmmom2 like this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fanatic

TMZ says Maks is back and is partnered with Melissa Gilbert.
    jucamer likes this.

First, if Maks is really back. I would have bet money he would have got Sherri Shepard, but based on height factors of the rumored female celebs, she may have to go to Derek or Mark by default. Since I like Derek better than Mark, and have resigned myself to the fact he's likely going to either win or do extremely well, I hope Derek gets Sherri. And that the last female name that hasn't been revealed isn't a shoo-in for the trophy for Mark. I wanted him gone yesterday. I think Sherri will no doubt have the fan base to last a long time, barring a shocker. And from when I've seen her dancing on The View with some of the pros, she's got moves. Hopefully, because of her ABC connections, the judges don't pad her to be better than she is.

The latest is a name I can get behind: Maria Menounos, who I've been wanting on the show a long time. I'm kind of surprised they'd have two female entertainment hosts at once. Maria is around 5'7"-5'8", if my internet sources are correct. Which means she'll probably go to Tristan, if she's deemed too tall for Derek (I think she's definitely too tall for Mark). I may just be envisioning Derek shorter than he is, because I think Shannon Elizabeth was pretty tall. So two as-confirmed-names-as-we-can-get I'm excited about, and Sherri's the only one I'm iffy on. Never cared much for Melissa Gilbert. Even though she's best known from Little House on The Praire, at least she's still current and working. Like MF stated above, I'll take anyone who actually has more on their resume than a reality star. So of the 5 female celebs, we're up to 4, if the female golfer is true (Annika, Sherri Shepard, Melissa Gilbert, and Maria Menounos). For the guys only Jack Wagner confirmed so far, with rumors of Gavin DeGraw, Ryan O'Neal, Paul Reubens, Sig Hanson, and Vince Young out there.

With the exception of Sherri and Maria, so far no one I can see with an overwhelming fan base or a huge 'get' for the show. A typical DWTS cast that is slightly above the D-list when they cave to casting reality stars. TPTB did admit last season the cast was pretty meh. This could be a really fun group I guess, but I hope the producers stay out of it, and don't force someone on the audience, or into the finals, and keep the drama out of it as well. Ruins an otherwise perfect season.
    Last edited by karalott; 02-25-2012 at 01:42 PM.

DWTS Season 14 – Rumor…or Wild Speculation: Nicole Anderson | Pure Dancing with the Stars

Never heard of this girl, but if its true, I guess we know who Mark's partner is going to be. So much for being rid of him early, if this pans out. So not only has Derek never had a partner of Kate Gosselin ability, but I don't think Mark has ever had a partner over 40. This is just like a cardboard cut out of Shawn/Chelsea.

sounds good to me

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    You beat me to it Brownyn

'Dancing with the Stars' -- Contestants REVEALED ... Jack Wagner, Melissa Gilbert, Sherri Shepherd | TMZ.com

I thought Jack Wagner was on a CBS soap? All 3 have been rumored in the past, so we'll see. Melissa Gilbert was actually the first rumor to break last season, and it never happened (plus, she had said in the past she turned them down). Can't say I'm overly excited about those 3, but I do like Jack. There was a rumored General Hospital alumni that is supposed to be on the show, so I guess it's likely Jack, if it's true. And if the other rumors are true, so far we're up to Sherri, Jack, Melissa, Annika Sorenstam, and Gavin DeGraw. Kind of yawn worthy and predictable to me, but we'll see. Sometimes the cast that doesn't look so good on paper turns out to be good. But I doubt any of those 5 will be in the winners circle when it's all said and done. The show has been ringer-less for 2 seasons, so I'm betting we get one this season.

Not sure who I see these guys paired with. Jack seems like a Karina/Anna/Kym/Peta type. He'd probably be too tall for Chelsie. Tony has been tweeting with Annika, and since he suggested her and is such a big golf fan, I'm guessing they'll go together. Melissa and Sherri will probably go to Tristan and whatever Chmerkovskiy is on. For whatever reason, they always seem to save the young stars for Mark. Karina and Peta said they'll be meeting their partners within a couple of days, Cheryl was supposed to start rehearsals this week, and Tony said he'd be finding out by today who his partner is.
    I believe Jack Wagner has just been let go by his CBS soap (The Bold and the Beautiful). If he has, that would explain why DWTS isn't having a problem casting a CBS soap star, as he isn't working for the rival network anymore. He's also done other things besides appearing on soaps, which makes him a bit more of a "star" for them, I would think.

I saw Melissa Gilbert in Little House on the Prairie: The Musical. She's not a trained dancer, but she was capable of doing the dancing required by the show, which admittedly wasn't that much, given that she played Ma (she didn't have to sing all that much either). I really was hoping she and Alison Arngrim, who wants to do the show, would be cast the same season. They're actually friends, and always have been, since their Little House days, but they'd be more than willing to play up the Laura/Nellie rivalry for the show in an amusing way, I should think. If she has been cast, it may be a while before Arngrim is cast, if she ever is, which is a shame, because she's very funny.

I thought Melissa Gilbert had said in the past that she had no interest in doing the show. If the rumor's true, I wonder why she's changed her mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronwyn View Post
    TMZ says Maks is back and is partnered with Melissa Gilbert.

So excited Maks is back. And excited for Tristan too.
    jucamer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    I believe Jack Wagner has just been let go by his CBS soap (The Bold and the Beautiful). If he has, that would explain why DWTS isn't having a problem casting a CBS soap star, as he isn't working for the rival network anymore. He's also done other things besides appearing on soaps, which makes him a bit more of a "star" for them, I would think.

I saw Melissa Gilbert in Little House on the Prairie: The Musical. She's not a trained dancer, but she was capable of doing the dancing required by the show, which admittedly wasn't that much, given that she played Ma (she didn't have to sing all that much either). I really was hoping she and Alison Arngrim, who wants to do the show, would be cast the same season. They're actually friends, and always have been, since their Little House days, but they'd be more than willing to play up the Laura/Nellie rivalry for the show in an amusing way, I should think. If she has been cast, it may be a while before Arngrim is cast, if she ever is, which is a shame, because she's very funny.

I thought Melissa Gilbert had said in the past that she had no interest in doing the show. If the rumor's true, I wonder why she's changed her mind.
    When Melissa was rumored last season, she quickly shot the rumor down and said it wasn't the first time she had been asked but said no. The way she said it, it seemed like she'd never do it. But maybe circumstances weren't right in her life at the time or someone close to her did the show and encouraged her to do it Hopefully she has a good experience. Some celebs come on with a set of expectations and then buckle under the pressure when they realize how much work is involved and when the judges claws come out. She and Maks, if it's true, should be an interesting pair. I had heard before about Allison wanting to do the show, although truthfully, I wouldn't know her by name, and that's the only role of hers I know. I've seen various interviews with her, so I'd recognize her, just not by name.

Thanks for the info-re: Jack. I know him best as Dr. Peter Burns from Melrose Place; he was the kind of villian on there I could get into. It seems like the show, should these rumors all pan out to be true, have cast people who aren't exactly A-list, but a step up for the show, and who have decent resumes and accomplishments. While I think DWTS's best days are behind it, and this cast (so far) doesn't make me jump for joy, I think it's already better than last season. They'll have competition with The Voice, which has seen a ratings jump on Mondays (I believe it even beat Idol this week overall), so I'm hoping one of the celebs not yet revealed isn't a bad surprise in the political/reality freak show arena.

Both Maks and Val are in L.A. right now, so I'll still be on guard until Tuesday (or better confirmation), if Maks is back or not. Since Sherri, Jack, and Melissa were seen at the DWTS dance studios, I'm going to say they're in (also based on Sherri's tweet). TMZ has been fairly accurate in recent seasons, so I'm hoping the Maria rumor is true, too. I just think it's funny the show goes to such great lengths to keep the cast a closely guarded secret for a big, long, drawn out announcement, and it winds up getting spoiled based on the paps camping out at the studios they always use for rehearsals.

+ Reply to Thread