+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: *Dancing With the Stars 14 (Spring 2012)* Spoilers & Speculation

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: *Dancing With the Stars 14 (Spring 2012)* Spoilers & Speculation

Rachael Ray's been asked in the past but reportedly turned it down. I can't remember why, although I think it had something to do with being based in NY and not feeling comfortable in the skimpy costumes. However, she has had Maks, Tony, and I think Derek on her show before, and even learned to dance during an episode. If she's not on this season, I could see her participating in the future. Something will probably fall into place. I know it'd take a lot of uprooting, but it's too bad they couldn't do a season in NYC. I've seen some celebs say they would do the show in a heartbeat, but have other commitments keeping them on the East coast that make it impossible to travel back and forth or move out there for a few months. Of course, we've seen other celebs cope, so who knows.

A couple of NFL rumors (since we didn't have that slot filled last season, I won't be surprised if it happens this season):

Dancing With the Stars Season 14 Casting Rumors: Will NFL Star Rob Gronkowski Dance? - Dancing With The Stars

Dancing With the Stars Season 14 Casting Rumors: Will NFL Star Rob Gronkowski Dance?
    17 minutes ago by Molly Friedman
    Related:Casting Rumors, Season 14
    Share this photo full size

Photo Credit: Mark Von Holden/Getty Images Attention, Dancing With the Stars producers: a real, bonafide NFL star wants to be on Season 14! A 2012 Superbowl player, at that.

Rob Gronkowski, who is the tight end on the New England Patriots, has expressed interest in appearing on the show. In an interview with the Boston Globe, he said “he watched [Season 10 contestant Chad] Ochocinco on Dancing With the Stars and would consider participating if asked.”

Well, we would more than consider watching “the Gronk” on DWTS. At 22 years old, 6’6”, and in peak football-body shape, not to mention his probable wealth of skills when it comes to fast-footed ability, we think Rob would do very well in any dance competition.

DWTS, you may have found your athlete!
    Vince Young invited to compete in 'Dancing'?

Sports is the ultimate "unscripted TV." No wonder so many athletes have appeared on reality shows. Is "Dancing With the Stars" looking to bring a little Texas Two-Step to television?

On Thursday morning, Vince Young, the former University of Texas star and current backup quarterback for the Philadelphia Eagles, tweeted that he had been invited to participate in the upcoming season of the hit ABC show.

"Twitter fam I have been invited to b on Dancing with the Stars, what do y'all think about that lol..." Young tweeted on his personal account @VinceYoung to his nearly 127,000 Twitter followers.

Oakland Raiders safety Michael Huff, Young's former Texas teammate, quickly responded, "But you can't dance."

"U know I got them dancing skills," Young responded.

If Young accepts the invitation, he'll be the next in a line of several athletes that have traded their cleats and sneakers for ballroom shoes.

The last NFL player to participate in the competition was Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Hines Ward, who won the 12th season of the show in May 2011.

Young, who is from Houston, would be the fifth contestant with sports ties to Texas to dance on the show, joining former Dallas Cowboys running back Emmitt Smith (Season 3 champion), former Houston Rockets guard Clyde Drexler (Season 4), Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban (Season 5) and former Cowboys receiver Michael Irvin (Season 9).
    So far, still no rumors I'm overly excited about, except Paul Reubens, and the possibility of Maks coming back. DWTS Gossip had reported that a female pro golfer who recently competed in the LPGA tour was signing on this season. Aside from Tiger Woods, I don't know anyone associated with that sport.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    Rachael Ray's been asked in the past but reportedly turned it down. I can't remember why, although I think it had something to do with being based in NY and not feeling comfortable in the skimpy costumes. However, she has had Maks, Tony, and I think Derek on her show before, and even learned to dance during an episode. If she's not on this season, I could see her participating in the future. Something will probably fall into place. I know it'd take a lot of uprooting, but it's too bad they couldn't do a season in NYC. I've seen some celebs say they would do the show in a heartbeat, but have other commitments keeping them on the East coast that make it impossible to travel back and forth or move out there for a few months. Of course, we've seen other celebs cope, so who knows.

A couple of NFL rumors (since we didn't have that slot filled last season, I won't be surprised if it happens this season):

Dancing With the Stars Season 14 Casting Rumors: Will NFL Star Rob Gronkowski Dance? - Dancing With The Stars

So far, still no rumors I'm overly excited about, except Paul Reubens, and the possibility of Maks coming back. DWTS Gossip had reported that a female pro golfer who recently competed in the LPGA tour was signing on this season. Aside from Tiger Woods, I don't know anyone associated with that sport.

Hi Kara!!!

Pee Wee would be kinda fun. Can't wait to see my Maks again!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    Hi Kara!!!

Pee Wee would be kinda fun. Can't wait to see my Maks again!!!
    I've got my countdown started! Hopefully Val gets another shot this season (and a partner that's more well known). I'm surprised we don't have more info. I'm used to not seeing a ton of spoilers for the spring season, even wrong spoilers. But I don't even think they officially announced how many couples they're having. As usual, I hope at least Maks, Tony, Louis, Anna, Kym, and Chelsie are back, along with Tristan, Val, and I'd like to see Peta get another shot as well. Karina won so I don't care to see her return. I've warmed up to Lacey, much more so than her early seasons. If she's not back, fine, but I won't really mind if she is. I worried Maks might have put his foot in mouth and gone too far last season, but I was put a little at ease when Conrad Green said after the fact he was a good guy with a good heart. I really hope the Pee-Wee rumor is true. He says he wants to do it after watching David Arquette last season. He'd fit a lot of token slots-nostalgic, the fallen star who rised back up, he's probably more well known than some of the other people they've ever cast on here, and he'd be a lot of fun. I wouldn't mind the rumor of Victor Cruz being true, too Hopefully they'd give him to Anna or Peta (I think he'd be too tall for Chelsie). So there's two names I'd be happy with. If Stevie Wonder actually went through with it, I like him, so at least at first I'd root for him. But that'd be it from the names mentioned so far. Hopefully we start getting more names leaked out. I think I posted the couples are supposed to be meeting for the first time sometime around the 20th, unless that changed. So I'm thinking in the next couple of weeks, we might be hearing who's returning from the pro front.

Some interesting tweets from Brooke that I saw had people on a couple of other sites speculating as to whether DWTS may be cleaning house as well:

Brooke Burke-Charvet Got some kinda bad news today that challenged my character but strengthened my belief that everything happens for a reason.
    In this crazy Hollywood industry, I turn to my family & I'm soooo grateful for them. Blessed beyond words to have family & love in my life
    Could be totally un-DWTS related and something to do with another project she could have had in the works. But Brooke's lack of interviewing skills and personality made some of us miss Samantha, who we thought was as bad as it could be (after watching Brooke since season 10, not sure how I ever thought that of Sam). Carson just seemed to make Brooke look all the more worse when fans called for him to take over her job. He did seem to get more exposure during the season by filming segments than some other bootees get. If they don't have Carson co-host, hopefully they bring him back somehow. David Arquette would be fun to have around, too. I still laugh when I picture him trying to steal the mirrorball and Tom and Brooke were oblivious
    Last edited by karalott; 02-04-2012 at 03:44 AM.

I was hoping Maks would take the year off. ya know I dont like him right.LOL

But Derek is on

FORT Fogey

I think it would be really strange to see Pee Wee Herman do the show. One of the things I've always liked about DWTS is that you get to see stars as themselves instead of as a character or persona. Well Pee Wee is a character played by Paul Rubens. So would he be in the Pee Wee character the whole time? I would not mind if Paul Rubens did the show, but I think I'd get kind of tired of seeing him "play" Pee Wee the entire time.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    I think it would be really strange to see Pee Wee Herman do the show. One of the things I've always liked about DWTS is that you get to see stars as themselves instead of as a character or persona. Well Pee Wee is a character played by Paul Rubens. So would he be in the Pee Wee character the whole time? I would not mind if Paul Rubens did the show, but I think I'd get kind of tired of seeing him "play" Pee Wee the entire time.
    Good points, I dont really care for him

Sounds like Dmitry won't be back again this season (per his twitter):

Twitter

Looks like I'll need your support if you guys want to see me dancing on the next season! Please tweet to #abc and hopefully they'll read it
    From what I've heard, the male pros returning are Val, Tony, Derek, Mark, Maks, and Cheryl (all of them have said they were returning through interviews or quoted through articles, but who knows, could be overconfidence, speculation, or a partnership could fall through at the last minute). Peta was confirmed through some article but I don't know how reliable it is. Louis said he'll be finding out in two weeks, but I'm guessing he won't be back this time, either. I hope Chelsie returns.

I would love to see Paul do the show, and while the Pee-Wee schtick might get annoying to some, I'd be fine with it. But I grew up watching Pee-Wee's Playhouse (and was little when the whole scandal broke, so didn't really understand why he went away when he did). I think he's proven himself in other roles where he just played himself and not a character, so I think he'd be fine with that part. I don't think he'd want to play Pee-Wee the whole time, personally. However, if they have him do any dance to 'Tequila', I want to see the dance and the shoes He and Mark would almost have matching spats.

To anyone in here watching The Bachelor this season-is it really a horrible season? I'm just surprised ABC isn't doing the usual cast reveal they've done since season 10, during The Bachelor/Bachelor Pad.
    Last edited by karalott; 02-09-2012 at 09:07 PM.

I've heard rumors that it is a horrible season for the Bachelor. I don't watch anymore. And I don't miss it one bit.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2 View Post
    I've heard rumors that it is a horrible season for the Bachelor. I don't watch anymore. And I don't miss it one bit.
    Thanks. I googled to see the ratings for the current series, and while some sites have the panic sounding headlines that ratings are "sharply" declining, it doesn't seem like the show is doing that terribly, unless I have it confused with one of it's spin off shows that pull in this ratings demo. Actually, I haven't really heard too much about this bachelor guy as I have past ones. That's why I wondered if the show didn't need the DWTS boost that the show usually gets, or if even TPTB didn't want to suffer through the announcement with The Bachelor. Whatever the case, I thank them

Some more rumor round up, Gavin DeGraw being the newest one thrown into the ring. This is the first celeb I've heard as being as close to signed as it can get (along with some of the other rumors that have come up):

'Dancing With the Stars' casting buzz erupts

'Dancing With the Stars' casting buzz erupts
    Comments By Ann Oldenburg, USA TODAY Updated 7h 25m ago

The Dancing With the Stars cast announcement is a mere two weeks away, so it's time to see what's buzzing out there about who might be on the list.

Gavin DeGraw? OneRepublic frontman Ryan Tedder told The Hollywood Reporter on Sunday's Grammy red carpet that pal DeGraw, who was mugged last August in New York, is going to be on the show.

Perez Hilton? He'd like to do it, and on Saturday he posed withDancing pro Lacey Schwimmer at a party.

Victor Cruz?
    The footballer told Shawn Robinson at Sunday's Grammys that he had been called but turned it down.

Vince Young?
    The quarterback for the Philadelphia Eagles recently posted on Twitter that he had been invited to compete, but then the tweet was deleted.

Paula Deen? Ever since she made her Type 2 diabetes announcement, Dancing producers have been after her. But will she say yes to all that glitter and spray tan?

Kylie and/or Kendall Jenner. Can't go wrong having a member of the Kardashian clan on the show, right? They just need to get the green light from dad Bruce Jenner. Better yet: Get Bruce on the dance floor.

JWoww? The Jersey Shore star could be a hot mess. Oops, we mean get.

Michele Bachman and Herman Cain?
    Producers are said to have extended an invitation to them both to be on the show.

Regis Philbin? They've been after him for years. And now that he's done with that day job, he could do it.

Other random names being tossed into the Dancing ring: Pee-wee Herman, Carrot Top, Giuliana Rancic, Tori Spelling, Jackee Harry, Jenny McCarthy and Stevie Wonder. Stevie Wonder?

I would have a fit if that evil troll Perez Hilton was in the cast. I would seriously consider boycotting until he is gone. Which would be interesting since I write recaps!
    karalott, Fanny Mare and Jaceegirl like this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

+ Reply to Thread