+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: *Dancing With the Stars 14 (Spring 2012)* Spoilers & Speculation

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: *Dancing With the Stars 14 (Spring 2012)* Spoilers & Speculation

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    Especially Maria - because that would mean Derek would be gone too!
    For me, it's a win if Derek leaves early (for once-but we know that ain't happening if Queen CA has anything to do with it). I feel like Maria could stop dancing 2 seconds in and still get a 10 from her. But I like Maria. So I'm torn

RickiRick, I don't know if Mark is essential to ratings anymore, especially with Derek and Maks around. I feel like Tony has been regulated to Jonathan status by being such a patient saint and getting the duds he gets (or celebs with no fanbase to compete). I think Tristan, as popular as he is, may find himself in that territory at some point, if he hasn't already. He seemed to make a splash as a first season pro, but he also could have been the second to go had he been partnered with Elisabetta instead of Nancy. I know the show has wanted Val a long time, and this may be his season to prove himself. Same with Peta. SCD has begun weeding out their pro line up, and as a result saw an increase in ratings, so it wouldn't surprise me for the troupe to start moving up and taking over for regular, long time pros (especially if they leave on their own). Back to Mark, I feel like he turned people off big time season 12, and did little to make good with his reputation last season. Basically, he seems to be a loose cannon that can't attract the attention Maks can when he spouts off, and he's the poor man's Derek in the judges eyes. And in the process annoys fans when he seems to forget the show isn't about showcasing himself. I feel like they definitely want Derek and Maks around due to popularity and the unpredictable nature of Maks. Otherwise, why not give Derek a dud? And Maks has been pretty lucky since season 10, but if I have to put up with the golden one, I might as well get to enjoy the gorgeous one Cheryl bores me to tears and feels entitled to me, but she seems to get luckier than most female pros when you think about it. Even with virtual unknowns (Gilles, Cristian) she lucks out. This season probably won't be much different. I usually don't go by Twitter followers, but she, Derek, and Maks have the most, and everyone else is way behind. I don't really see what she adds to the show that another female pro doesn't, or doesn't do better.

ETA: Something kind of interesting-Dmitry tweeted he was supposed to be a part of this season but his partner pulled out at the last minute. While everyone else found out who their partner was in advance, Tristan apparently didn't find out until today. Makes me wonder if Tristan was intended to be part of this season after all
    Last edited by karalott; 02-28-2012 at 02:44 PM.
    jucamer likes this.

I have to say I'm getting bored with this show. It seems rather boring, at least by this years cast. I was expecting more, I don't know why, just was

Quote Originally Posted by chicagodiva View Post
    I have to say I'm getting bored with this show. It seems rather boring, at least by this years cast. I was expecting more, I don't know why, just was
    Its not as exciting as it once was, but I can record it and FF some of them.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by navybelle View Post
    Donald Driver should be a wonderful addition to the show - he is one of our most personable, charitable, charming Green Bay Packers! I'd bet he has some great moves, too. Can't wait to see him on the show!
    I so agree. Just when I thought I would no longer watch this show, they put Donald Driver on it... he has an infectious smile and personality. I hope he can dance, LOL.

Love Gavin DeGraw! For those who don't know him, you probably do if you listen to pop music. He's got a current top hit out with "Not Over You". Some of his other hits are "I'm in Love with a Girl" and "Chariot" and "I Don't Want to Be". He toured with Maroon 5 over the summer, which I was lucky to see. He was great. Anyway, I am hoping he does well! He didn't do much dancing at the concert, but he plays a mean piano and has a great personality.

FORT Fanatic

They should just call it "Dancing with people who have been on TV". There people are not stars anymore. When was the last time Urkel was in something? Ive never said "who" more when they were announcing the cast. I do agree its nice they didn't go for the controversial name or some trashy reality persona.
    Sherri Sheppard is clueless. At least she knows the dance floor is flat just like the Earth.
    Once they showed Maria, my wife said, "20 bucks she's with Derek". Shocking. Why does Tristen get screwed over again?

Quote Originally Posted by Giggity22 View Post
    They should just call it "Dancing with people who have been on TV". There people are not stars anymore. When was the last time Urkel was in something? Ive never said "who" more when they were announcing the cast. I do agree its nice they didn't go for the controversial name or some trashy reality persona.
    Sherri Sheppard is clueless. At least she knows the dance floor is flat just like the Earth.
    Once they showed Maria, my wife said, "20 bucks she's with Derek". Shocking. Why does Tristen get screwed over again?

IMO the season has more "stars" than any other in recent memory (even if I have never heard of half of them)
    Last edited by jucamer; 02-28-2012 at 08:51 PM.
    karalott likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    For me, it's a win if Derek leaves early (for once-but we know that ain't happening if Queen CA has anything to do with it). I feel like Maria could stop dancing 2 seconds in and still get a 10 from her. But I like Maria. So I'm torn

RickiRick, I don't know if Mark is essential to ratings anymore, especially with Derek and Maks around. I feel like Tony has been regulated to Jonathan status by being such a patient saint and getting the duds he gets (or celebs with no fanbase to compete). I think Tristan, as popular as he is, may find himself in that territory at some point, if he hasn't already. He seemed to make a splash as a first season pro, but he also could have been the second to go had he been partnered with Elisabetta instead of Nancy. I know the show has wanted Val a long time, and this may be his season to prove himself. Same with Peta. SCD has begun weeding out their pro line up, and as a result saw an increase in ratings, so it wouldn't surprise me for the troupe to start moving up and taking over for regular, long time pros (especially if they leave on their own). Back to Mark, I feel like he turned people off big time season 12, and did little to make good with his reputation last season. Basically, he seems to be a loose cannon that can't attract the attention Maks can when he spouts off, and he's the poor man's Derek in the judges eyes. And in the process annoys fans when he seems to forget the show isn't about showcasing himself. I feel like they definitely want Derek and Maks around due to popularity and the unpredictable nature of Maks. Otherwise, why not give Derek a dud? And Maks has been pretty lucky since season 10, but if I have to put up with the golden one, I might as well get to enjoy the gorgeous one Cheryl bores me to tears and feels entitled to me, but she seems to get luckier than most female pros when you think about it. Even with virtual unknowns (Gilles, Cristian) she lucks out. This season probably won't be much different. I usually don't go by Twitter followers, but she, Derek, and Maks have the most, and everyone else is way behind. I don't really see what she adds to the show that another female pro doesn't, or doesn't do better.

ETA: Something kind of interesting-Dmitry tweeted he was supposed to be a part of this season but his partner pulled out at the last minute. While everyone else found out who their partner was in advance, Tristan apparently didn't find out until today. Makes me wonder if Tristan was intended to be part of this season after all

I agree about Mark - he is definitely not a draw. At some of the other fan sites I frequent, I really don't see that many "vocal" fans. When he dances, he makes it a showcase for himself and not the "star" and I think people are tired of it. Even Derek has toned down his act - Mark just doesn't get it. Hopefully he'll be gone soon this season so I don't have to see those wretched faces he makes while dancing
    karalott likes this.

They should just call it "Dancing with people who have been on TV".
    And add to that, who have changed their faces. Jack has had one too many surgeries, as has Melissa Gilbert.Unless they caught her on her bad side My DD walked in and said eww Joan Rivers daughter. I said nope! (shudder) but she did look a little like her.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

In Gavin's case, I read on another site he's going to continue touring but that it won't interfere with Monday and Tuesday nights. Now, there's no better venue like that to get the word out and ask people to vote (it's why I think Sherri and Marina have that advantage). Whether it works is another story. But, it makes me wonder if he'll wind up overdoing it and perhaps not live up to his potential, and give half ass performances due to lack of training time. Considering Len called Hope out because he thought she wasn't dedicating enough time to the show, not sure how it'll go for Gavin. Given that the cast seems to be skewing toward the show's actual demo and tilting on the 'older' side (and I use that term loosely, but it's not like everyone's a bunch of tween stars or reality show 20 something), I wonder how some of the younger stars will fare. I saw that interview with Gavin and Karina today. Maybe it's me, but Karina's starting to look a little...rough? Worn? Not sure what they word is I'm looking for, but she's looked different.

Speaking of demos, considering Gladys skews into Corky Ballas's age range of partners he's had in the past, I'm glad they didn't bring him back for her. Hopefully season 11 was the last time he's on. Of course, given the somewhat negative reaction to him, and what I think is lack of dancing for his partners (at least we know where Mark gets it), they may not have wanted to put their biggest name with him. I think Gladys will probably be in the overscored/overpraised category; I don't the judges will want to offend her. Not that it won't take long for them to overscore and overpraise everyone else.

I really hope this change of partner for Mark tones his behavior and attitude down. Katherine seems to be a different mold for him than any past celeb he's had. Oh, and that he puts the spats in retirement.
    jucamer likes this.

+ Reply to Thread