+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: *Dancing With the Stars 14 (Spring 2012)* Spoilers & Speculation

Re: *Dancing With the Stars 14 (Spring 2012)* Spoilers & Speculation

Chelsie's partner Roshon Fegan plays on Shake It Up. Both of my daughters love this show. He does have "moves" so it will be intersting to see how he does on DWTS. I didn't know that Roshon Fegan was Ty on Shake It Up until I googled Roshon Fegan. I only know the Disney stars by their "stage" name. I do wonder why Disney is pumping him up because the show he is on is pretty popular and it isn't like he isn't a main character on it.

I didn't recognize half the names announced but after I googled them I knew who some of them were. I'm bad with names so that didn't surprise me. I don't have an early favorite this season. I'll be watching with no preshow favorite. Now, that will probably change after week 1 or week 2. But I normally have a favorite going into the season but not this time.
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2 View Post
    Chelsie's partner Roshon Fegan plays on Shake It Up. Both of my daughters love this show. He does have "moves" so it will be intersting to see how he does on DWTS. I didn't know that Roshon Fegan was Ty on Shake It Up until I googled Roshon Fegan. I only know the Disney stars by their "stage" name. I do wonder why Disney is pumping him up because the show he is on is pretty popular and it isn't like he isn't a main character on it.

I didn't recognize half the names announced but after I googled them I knew who some of them were. I'm bad with names so that didn't surprise me. I don't have an early favorite this season. I'll be watching with no preshow favorite. Now, that will probably change after week 1 or week 2. But I normally have a favorite going into the season but not this time.
    I dont have a fave either.I think that makes it more fun

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

I stopped watching this show because of casting like Kelly Osbourne, Kate Gosselin and Nancy Grace. With the casting of Sherri Shepherd and Maria Menudo (intentionally spelled wrong) nothing has changed for me.
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Donald Driver should be a wonderful addition to the show - he is one of our most personable, charitable, charming Green Bay Packers! I'd bet he has some great moves, too. Can't wait to see him on the show!
    umngirl and Fanny Mare like this.

Quote Originally Posted by navybelle View Post
    Donald Driver should be a wonderful addition to the show - he is one of our most personable, charitable, charming Green Bay Packers! I'd bet he has some great moves, too. Can't wait to see him on the show!
    The sports guys usually do very well on this show

I
    stopped watching this show because of casting like Kelly Osbourne, Kate Gosselin and Nancy Grace. With the casting of Sherri Shepherd and Maria Menudo (intentionally spelled wrong) nothing has changed for me
    Maybe they will be gone really soon, and then you could watch?
    Uncle David likes this.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Maybe they will be gone really soon, and then you could watch?
    From your mouth...
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    From your mouth...

Especially Maria - because that would mean Derek would be gone too!

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    Especially Maria - because that would mean Derek would be gone too!
    No we know that wont happen :0)

We often talk about partners being assigned based on compatibility with Pro for height and age and style, but these seem to be minor issues compared to the producer's goal to keep certain Pros in the competition as long as possible for ratings.

Try this: Rank all the stars based on their potential to dance or bring votes to the show, then list Pros assigned to the stars, look for pattern. Based on my limited knowledge of the women stars:

1. Maria Menounos
    2. Catherine Jenkins
    3. Melissa Gilbert
    4. Sherri Shepherd
    5. Gladys Knight
    6. Martina Navratilova

And the Pros assigned to them:
    1. Derek
    2. Mark
    3. Maks
    4. Val
    5. Tristan
    6. Tony

Observation: Pros are listed in (almost) exact order one would expect to keep Pros on show for ratings.

Your results may vary.

Interestingly, the pattern on the women's side isn't nearly as well established. I think for years it was key to keep Cheryl on as long as possible, then Derek's sister was top of the list, don't see obvious ranking of current women Pros.

Is Lacey not on this season? I really like her

+ Reply to Thread