+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: *Dancing With the Stars 14 (Spring 2012)* Spoilers & Speculation

FORT Fanatic

Re: *Dancing With the Stars 14 (Spring 2012)* Spoilers & Speculation

What about the rumor of the golfer, Annika, is that her name? Could she be the one they haven't announced yet? I read that Tony suggested her, and he's a golfer, so I thought he might get her. That would put Martina with Tristan. Is the DWTSGossip place reliable with their information? I've never heard of it, just like I've never heard of the same five people jucamer bolded upthread. I doubt if I watch again this season. Probably will just you tube a performance or two like I've been doing the last couple of seasons. This show has really gone downhill for me, and I just don't like the way the judges prop up their favorites, even if they can't dance, and then nitpick the ones they don't like.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by badora View Post
    TV Guide for next wk is out and lists the entire cast minus one...
    Meliss Gilbert
    Jack Wagner
    Sherri Shepard
    Maria menunos
    Gavin DeGraw
    Donald Driver
    Roshon Fegan
    Jaleel White (Urkel)
    Martina Navratrola
    William Levi
    Catherine Jenkins

The only people that I don't know on this list are Driver (football player), Roshon Fegan, William Levi and Catherine Jenkins.
    Martina is a fantastic athlete, but if she dances anything like Monica Seles? Not good. I'm hoping that she will be a surprise and does well on the show.

So far, my only pre show faves are Jack and Maria. I will probably like Melissa and Jaleel as well and the football players always win me over. So not a fan of football, but the guys who come on are usually pretty awesome. What they lack in dancing skills is made up with their personality. If Melissa is good, perhaps this is the season that Maks finally wins and that would be pretty sweet.

ETA: Perhaps Anna has a shot at winning with Jack? Oh I do hope so!!
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Bronwyn View Post
    What about the rumor of the golfer, Annika, is that her name? Could she be the one they haven't announced yet? I read that Tony suggested her, and he's a golfer, so I thought he might get her. That would put Martina with Tristan. Is the DWTSGossip place reliable with their information? I've never heard of it, just like I've never heard of the same five people jucamer bolded upthread. I doubt if I watch again this season. Probably will just you tube a performance or two like I've been doing the last couple of seasons. This show has really gone downhill for me, and I just don't like the way the judges prop up their favorites, even if they can't dance, and then nitpick the ones they don't like.
    I would say that they're 99.9% accurate. I *think* the twitter is just a fan site, but they seem to get inside scoop. Usually when a cast list has leaked out in the past few seasons, they were exactly right with the possible exception of one name being wrong and someone who wasn't rumored anywhere. I can see these pairings being accurate as well; Maks was already rumored to be partnered with Melissa via TMZ, William seems like a total Cheryl type, while Peta needs to partner the tallest male, Chelsie the shortest (and the Disney thing ties into her image on the show), Tony gets saddled with what I think will be an early out and dud, Derek someone young and pretty and who will no doubt have potential...I can agree with the part I bolded. That's one reason that makes me look forward to the show less and less is when the judges get their bias in there and the show feels like they need to intervene to save a couple they want because they aren't getting the audience votes. Even with we have a typical cast of nostalgic characters and token sport stars and those who will cater to a younger demo, it all depends on fan base. Someone can be the in thing, hip, cool, the best dancer, the most well known, but if the votes aren't there, they're gone. I just hope the judges will just freaking judge and that the show will let things happen as they may without creating fake drama or showmances. How I wish CA and Brooke were gone this season. Why can't they ever take a week off?

Just a few more hours and we'll know for sure, but considering the link with the scan from TV Guide I posted looks like the real thing, I guess at least the cast is right.

I don't know if the Annika rumor is true or not. DWTSGossip did report way back that a female golfer had signed on, but if that were the case, and it was Annika, wouldn't she have been part of the TV Guide spread? They only listed 11 names, saying they didn't have the 12th at press time. After last season, with Maks requesting Hope and that not exactly being a sunshine and rainbows pairing, they may have figured not to partner a pro with a celeb they request and that actually signs on again. Either that, or they just don't want to give Martina to Tristan. Tony's such a sweet guy and very patient, so they can give him the biggest challenge of the show without thinking anything of it.

I just want Mark gone first. In looking at this cast, I like at least half, having never heard of the others (except William), so I guess that's a good sign.

Derek!! Love the guy, the best choreographer this show has!! beaming here

Introduced on GMA just now:

Jack Wagner
    Melissa Gilbert
    Donald Driver
    William Levi (telenovela star/JLo video guy)
    Sherri Shepherd
    Catherine Jenkins (Opera star)
    Gavin DeGraw
    Martina Navratilova
    Rochon Fegan (this year's Disney kid)
    Maria Menounos
    Jaleel White

...and the surprise star: Gladys Knight!

They're announcing the pro matchups after a break.
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 02-28-2012 at 08:33 AM.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

I was ready to pick Katherine Jenkins as my pre-season guess based simply on fact she is a Welsh opera singer with a pretty face, but if she is paired with Mark I'll have to pick again.

The pro matchups:

Jack Wagner - Anna T
    Melissa Gilbert - Maks
    Donald Driver - Peta
    Sherri Shepherd - Val
    Gavin DeGraw - Karina
    Martina Navratilova - Tony
    Rochon Fegan - Chelsie
    Maria Menounos - Derek
    Jaleel White - Kym
    Gladys Knight - Tristan
    William Levi - Cheryl
    Catherine Jenkins - Mark

William Levi and Catherine Jenkins didn't appear on GMA.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Well, Chelsie should have a good year because I've seen Rochon dance and yeah, he can definitely move.....so I'm happy for her!

Overall, not a bad cast....I'm looking forward to Sherri....she should be a riot!
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Derek!! Love the guy, the best choreographer this show has!! beaming here
    I agree Derek is a step above the others in the competition, so wish they would give him a challenge. Maybe they need to score this like golf, with a handicap system. Probably take 1.5 points off each dance for Derek to give others a chance, add 2.5 points for Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    The pro matchups:

Jack Wagner - Anna T
    Melissa Gilbert - Maks
    Donald Driver - Peta
    Sherri Shepherd - Val
    Gavin DeGraw - Karina
    Martina Navratilova - Tony
    Rochon Fegan - Chelsie
    Maria Menounos - Derek
    Jaleel White - Kym
    Gladys Knight - Tristan
    William Levi - Cheryl
    Catherine Jenkins - Mark

William Levi and Catherine Jenkins didn't appear on GMA.

The eye candy store is back in business!!!!

+ Reply to Thread