+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232425262728 LastLast
Like Tree214Likes

Thread: 11/22 Finale Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: 11/22 Finale Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    Couple of other notes:

A. I loved Carson's and David's dances. They were very good, and in Carson's case he embraced his stronger assets in the dance area. (and yes, I noticed he did better in the female type role, but still... he durn near effortlessly picked up and spun Anna in that one lift). Felt bad for Anna though - she tripped or something and fell on the stair during the routine. Fortunately, Carson was dancing funny enough that it was a blink and you'll miss it situation.

And David's dance was just fun because it fit "Grease" so well and the addition of the dance troupe only showed how it fit in the broadway dance week.

B. I'm not a fan of Chaz' by any means, but I loved how he along with Lacey and her dad did an "In your face" type performance with the "I like them chunky" song - mostly because both in the duo are criticized for their weight.

C. Was glad that the one gal who danced to "Mission: Impossible" got to do it and did the routine so well. IMHO had she not made the huge mistakes, we'd seen her move further on in the competition. (IS this a week we'd lost Rob though?)

D. Mark and his partner's dance - honestly, it felt like it was more of him than her.

E. Ron was not that bad in his dance. I still think he was deserving of being the first one out, but it was a pretty good routine. I think Master P will always be the worst male dancer who's ever competed in the show (Cloris might take the title for the women).

Overall, not a bad season. I'm glad that JR won - he overall was the best of the season, even when injured. He wasn't a ringer, no one cared that he was on an old ABC show (In fairness though he danced better IMHO than Kelly Monaco anyway), and he just had fun. He was a delight to watch, even in the couple of cases he had to dance hurt. Rob would've been an OK winner, but I'm actually glad for him he didn't win because I think his parents would've used it for their self-promotion then celebrating the win (I mean - they had a shot of his family during the weeks in review segments). Ricki I think showed some nice routines - including the "Psycho" one - and I loved that spin bit they did after being eliminated, but I didn't think she deserved to win.

I do hope though that within the year they seriously reconsider having Brooke or Carrie Ann on the show. Both really do bring it down a bit - and I think CA's comments are part of Len's issue and being too grouchy in his judging. He has to be the only one to actually critique dances.
    Completely agree with your thoughts. Carson I think led to the slight improvement I've seen in Brooke. Maybe all the talk about having Carson replace her, and him getting so much screen time during results show (more than any other eliminated celeb), had her a little nervous that she couldn't compete. When Tom was asking him about dancing with Val and whether he wanted to dance with Maks, Carson answered it so naturally. He's just as quick and witty as Tom. I don't see many people getting Tom to laugh like that, and Brooke would probably never be able to think on her feet and come up with a response like that. Kind of like when Tom noticed David tried to steal the trophy, yelled at him to put it back, and then went right back on cue. And say it with a straight face. I'm going to greatly miss Carson, and I hope they do find some use for him in the future. They'd be crazy not to. I'd like to think that things would change with the judges, but I'm not going to get my hopes up. I will hope for the return of my favorite pros, less theme nights, less cha chas and rumbas, better dancing, more suspense, and less drama and fighting. It was refreshing seeing Karina take the win. I watched her and J.R. on Kimmel tonight. Jimmy mentioned she's partnered the Woz, the Situation, and Billy Ray, so it was almost like she's been to the DWTS equivalent of war. J.R. also made some joke about the Kardashian's and marriage. As I mentioned before, I can take or leave Karina, so her being gone won't bother me next season. I really hope Chelsie is back. But, I'm thrilled she finally got into the finals for only the second time in the 10 seasons she's done the show, and finally pulled off a win. Due to her choreography and J.R.'s dancing ability, I'll look back at some of his memorable dances, and Ricki's tango, as being among the stand outs in a rather lackluster season. Can't say I'll remember many more (of course, Carson's cha cha, as horrible as it was technique wise, was a blast). I noticed the look of nervousness on Karina's face tonight when they were getting ready to announce 3rd place and then the winner. A different kind of nervous than I saw on Ricki or Rob and their partners. If she couldn't win with J.R., she was probably never going to get it. I like this happier version of Karina, and J.R. also took time on Kimmel to thank all the fans for voting for them over the past 10 weeks, since he didn't get a chance to on the show. A very classy individual and I hope more opportunities come his way.
    Last edited by karalott; 11-23-2011 at 03:11 AM.
    Moontat and Coco46 like this.

FORT Fogey

I've been thinking some more about Len's comment on Rob's footwork. Just in terms of other guys who have finished second, there are a number of men with whom I don't think Rob could compete. Mario could certainly move it along. They may have criticized Evan's footwork sometimes, but he didn't exactly stomp along the floor, and he was quicker because of his skating background. Then there's Gilles, whose footwork was...oh, who am I kidding. I'm sure it was fine, but I didn't spend a lot of time looking at his feet.
    Last edited by Tilden; 11-23-2011 at 08:31 AM.
    karalott and KatesMom like this.

I didn't stay up to watch who won (it was a foregone conclusion and once David did his number, I was off to bed), but I am happy for J.R. for winning, happy for Rob for coming in second, and really happy for Karina, who has always been my favourite pro.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

So excited for JR AND Karina, she has always worked hard and danced beautifully--well deserving team! Now... Rob in 2nd??? Seriously?? Not that he hasn't shown improvement but there is no way he is on par with other 2nd place contestants. This season will most likely be my last and the show will go off my DVR list as well. The unpredicability and favoritism from the judges was over the top this season and it appears obvious that ABC is more interested in pleasing E! and Ryan Seacrest (and other shows/entertainment avenues) than providing fair and moderate feedback/judging.
    karalott and nanarama like this.

I am so happy for JR and Karina! A couple well, well deserving of the winning. I was so impressed with how hard and how much effort JR put into this.
    karalott likes this.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

karalott wrote "I'm going to greatly miss Carson, and I hope they do find some use for him in the future. They'd be crazy not to."

>>>>>>>>

I agree, even if for guidance on costumes. For the most part I thought his costume ideas that one week (I think Hope's last one) were quite good and turned out lovely. Yes, costuming did have to take some of the ideas and toss them out (i.e. Maks wearing tight sparkly silver short shorts), and should've reconsidered the Zorro look for JR (what about Don Diego with all the lace and such from Disney's Zorro for sure?) but overall none of those costumes looked bad.
    NFL1 and karalott like this.

I'm very happy for JR and Karina..and as much as I love JR, I think I may have actually been a tad more excited for Karina finally winning in her 10th season (Wow, 10th season! I stilll remember her first one like it was yesterday!). I've really grown to like her.

It was great seeing all the eliminated contestants come back! I'm so happy Chynna got to re-do her tango! I LOVED Ricki and Derek's "Pyscho" dance and loved her doing the spin on the floor when she got elimnated. Overall, not a bad finale and I don't know about anyone else, but I can't wait until March 19! No matter how much this show may aggravate me at times, I'll always be a fan!
    karalott and Living like this.
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

Quote Originally Posted by KrazeeKy07 View Post
    I'm very happy for JR and Karina..and as much as I love JR, I think I may have actually been a tad more excited for Karina finally winning in her 10th season (Wow, 10th season! I stilll remember her first one like it was yesterday!). I've really grown to like her.

It was great seeing all the eliminated contestants come back! I'm so happy Chynna got to re-do her tango! I LOVED Ricki and Derek's "Pyscho" dance and loved her doing the spin on the floor when she got eliminated. Overall, not a bad finale and I don't know about anyone else, but I can't wait until March 19! No matter how much this show may aggravate me at times, I'll always be a fan!
    I think you said what I was thinking .Well done Karina! well deserved JR.. I was happy for both Rob and for Ricki.If i wasn't then I guess I would stop watching .I look forward to March 19th as well. See ya soon CA Len and Bruno
    Living likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Minney View Post
    So excited for JR AND Karina, she has always worked hard and danced beautifully--well deserving team! Now... Rob in 2nd??? Seriously?? Not that he hasn't shown improvement but there is no way he is on par with other 2nd place contestants. This season will most likely be my last and the show will go off my DVR list as well. The unpredicability and favoritism from the judges was over the top this season and it appears obvious that ABC is more interested in pleasing E! and Ryan Seacrest (and other shows/entertainment avenues) than providing fair and moderate feedback/judging.
    My feeling is Rob was in second because for the sake of the show, they preferred not to take Derek to the 2nd. From the 1st day of the finals from the conversations between Derek and Ricki, you could tell they were not out to get the mirrored ball trophy. It felt more of a lets have fun. You do not have to prove anything anymore because you already got what you wanted. More relaxed than hyped for the finale.

With Derek winning the most times, and even last season, even if Ricki had performed the best, I doubt she would have won for the sake of the show. However good Derek is, you cannot afford to have the same person winning time and time again. It's not good for the show. For good showmanship, I am sure even Derek prefered not to win this season. Rob has improved much and people like to see him, so why not bring him on. I admit Cheryl's freestyle was awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    CONGRATS JR & KARINA!!!!!! *Squeals* I'm so happy for JR! He certainly deserved to win as he was the most consistent throughout the season, embraced love of dance, was highly entertaining and an inspiration to many. He is a beautiful soul and it was awesome to watch him dance, with beautiful lines and shaking those hips. *sigh*

Rob has to be pretty happy with 2nd place. He came a long way from week 1 and put in a great deal of work, making strides week to week.

I was switching back and forth from XFactor so I was shocked that Ricki went out in 3rd. I said that last night and a F2 with Rob vs. JR was more exciting. Ricki should also be proud of herself as she did well throughout the season and achieved things that she didn't think were possible. That girl has always been gutsy so I'm not surprised that she made it as far as she did.

The highlights of this episode were:

David stealing the mirror ball and running around behind Tom and Brooke. Hilarious.

Carson's dance to Vogue. His dream of dancing with a Chmerkovskiy on national TV. Awesome!

Any moment Carson was on screen.

David and Kym/Chaz and Lacey's dances. David was very good, sharp and controlled. Chaz let loose, had a good time and it showed. Both of them seemed so happy to have been part of the show/family, and gained so much confidence. Love that.

Overall, I thought it was a great season. I always do. It's a TV show and entertains me for 10 weeks straight, so I'm a happy camper. At the start of the season I have certain people who I think I'll like, some who I won't. Sometimes those faves aren't as great as I wanted them to be, sometimes I find enjoyable performances from those that I never expected plus I get to watch hot guys with no shirts and tight pants. What more could a girl want?
    Well said! I really want Carson to be part of future DWTS's programs. He is so funny and entertaining!
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

+ Reply to Thread