+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819202122 LastLast
Like Tree143Likes

Thread: 11/21 DWTS13 Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

Re: 11/21 DWTS13 Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

I dont think she's fake I think she has done very well. For her now its about her personal best.Its Ricki against Ricki, and shoot, its the day of the trophy.She isnt about to change, even if she comes in third, she's a winner.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I dont think she's fake I think she has done very well. For her now its about her personal best.Its Ricki against Ricki, and shoot, its the day of the trophy.She isnt about to change, even if she comes in third, she's a winner.
    I think the faking comes in when she's not dancing. Her responses seem insincere and it shows. As for her dancing, she has done well but she has had her issues too and looks surprised when the judges comment on them.
    ness and jucamer like this.

Quote Originally Posted by TIA__MA View Post
    I think the faking comes in when she's not dancing. Her responses seem insincere and it shows. As for her dancing, she has done well but she has had her issues too and looks surprised when the judges comment on them.
    Hmm I dont think so.Ricki will always see herself as the BIG girl, I know whats that like .I also dont take well to compliments, I am sure I seem fake when I say thank you
    I guess we will have to differ on the subject

Well done Rob, Ricki and JR!!
    Shoepie likes this.

FORT Fogey

Chris Jenner is a brilliant business woman, like the brand she built or not. Enough do to have made them millions. I don't watch the show nor do I fault them for their success. We always have a choice in what we choose to watch or focus on. I really like Rob, I will say that.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Does anyone find it odd people vote exactly how the judges give scores? Rob has been stiff and clumsy looking from the start. Yet, judges praise him and viewers go along with that. Makes me wonder if producers even look at viewer votes, maybe to gauge how many people watch. While great dancers are voted off bad dancers stay until the end. If it's on the up and up why doesn't DWTS show number of viewer votes each dancer gets? Good dancers are entertaining but unfairly allowing bad dancers to stay in the competition is not entertaining to me. I would like to know what viewers think instead of everything going along with the judge's decision, which is way off most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    I said to my husbnd last night that I never could warm to Ricky. The personalities are as important as the dancing....they go together.
    See I can enjoy the show for simply the dancing or lack of dancing and I can also see it as a bunch of personalities. It is funny seeing the "real" person behind the facade we (the audience) see on TV. But on the other hand it does drive me nuts when some of the other posters equal personality with the quality of the dancing. But I guess that is the premise of this show. It can be enjoyable and it can drive you nuts.
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    See I can enjoy the show for simply the dancing or lack of dancing and I can also see it as a bunch of personalities. It is funny seeing the "real" person behind the facade we (the audience) see on TV. But on the other hand it does drive me nuts when some of the other posters equal personality with the quality of the dancing. But I guess that is the premise of this show. It can be enjoyable and it can drive you nuts.
    But bringing personality is part of the dance. Otherwise you can be 100% technically correct in choreography but if there is no personality there, it's not going to affect people, which is fine if you're at home dancing with a partner alone. It would be more "meh - that's nice, but nothing spectacular" versus if you add personality, it draws the audience in and engages them. By audience, I'm referring to the people watching in person. It can be more difficult to bring that across the airwaves into one's TV.

To pull from a different reality show, on ANTM, Tyra Banks is always demonstrating the "smize" - smile with your eyes. You may not be smiling with your mouth but you bring energy to your eyes which comes across in the photo. Otherwise you'd look like you have no pulse.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    It's definitely what they're known for--Kim certainly backed her way into fame and fortune.
    Is that you Bruno???
    AZChristian likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by TIA__MA View Post
    But bringing personality is part of the dance. Otherwise you can be 100% technically correct in choreography but if there is no personality there, it's not going to affect people, which is fine if you're at home dancing with a partner alone. It would be more "meh - that's nice, but nothing spectacular" versus if you add personality, it draws the audience in and engages them. By audience, I'm referring to the people watching in person. It can be more difficult to bring that across the airwaves into one's TV.

To pull from a different reality show, on ANTM, Tyra Banks is always demonstrating the "smize" - smile with your eyes. You may not be smiling with your mouth but you bring energy to your eyes which comes across in the photo. Otherwise you'd look like you have no pulse.
    I guess we all watch it differently.Although I could never take to Hope, perhaps her personality was lacking and thats why.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    JR's freestyle was the lesser of the three, in my opinion. A long portion was taken up by them dancing seperately and not in sync on that platform; something Len does not like, even in freestyle. They all deserved 10's. Impossible to see why Ricki only got 9's.

It doesnt really matter. It was a good season but lacked in that we knew the winner from day one. I like JR but do not think he is better than Ricki. I will love seeing Rob come in second. Seems we know that one too!
    It's why I often despise ringers or someone coming in with an Osmond size fanbase. But at least that's a last name I can get behind Joey Fatone was mentioned in another thread, and talking about past final 2s like Helio/Mel and Gilles/Shawn, it occured to me why these last few seasons have been blah. It was obvious from at least week 3 who was going to win, if not be in the finals. Season 9 and 10 had more suspense over who was going to get in the third spot in the finals than who was going to win. And the show hasn't helped it not making it obvious.

I don't think Ricki's freestyle deserved 10s. And I don't think Rob's did, either. But I can see why Ricki didn't get them-she's taking the fall from grace and they don't want her winning or upsetting what they want as the final 2. Don't be surprised after her tango reprise tonight if the judges give her the 'no mirrorball for you, thanks for being here' speech that they've given to contestants who weren't going to walk away winners. They see the totals by then, so they know who's winning, and how they're going to score to possibly override the fan vote. Since they're ranking the final 3 repeat dances, and Ricki's was the only one to get the highest score of the 3 and the first 10s, I'll be curious if the judges justify knocking it down to 3rd over J.R.'s jive, which they found fault with before, or Rob's foxtrot. I'm sure Rob will get showered with praise over how far he's come since week 3 and get at least second (I may toss the TV through the window if he gets 1st and the 30-they better be making it a red herring if they're going to make it look like he's winning).

In terms of J.R. and his freestyle-it's one reason why I hate the freestyle round. It's anything goes, so does it matter if there's more tricks and flips (as I saw in Ricki's) than dancing, or if they're in sync with each other, or if there's a theme? There's no set rules for it, which is why I think it can give the judges their own leeway in scoring it how they see fit. Rob's was a lot of walking and posing, which is what I feel reflects most of his dancing this season. I feel like it's about being the most energetic and spectacular crowd pleaser, but I still find that round often a big let down and overrated as a whole. I did enjoy J.R.'s, however, and it was great seeing some of the DWTS alumni getting into it in their seats right along with him while he and Karina were booty shaking.
    Last edited by karalott; 11-22-2011 at 02:06 PM.

+ Reply to Thread