+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122 LastLast
Like Tree143Likes

Thread: 11/21 DWTS13 Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

FORT Fogey

Re: 11/21 DWTS13 Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    In reading back through this thread, seems this is the common storyline every season. Ricki was the leader nearly every week, gave (what the judges thought-it's up to debate with the viewers), near flawless performances that were overscored and overpraised, had her token week where she fell from grace, but climbed back up the next week, fought through injury (thank god that wasn't a recurring theme week after week with anyone this season), she and Derek appear to be all wonderful together...and tonight Derek gets a bad edit in his rehearsal package and Ricki falls from grace, though this is more the 'thanks for playing our game, here's a nice parting gift while we kick you to the curb' type of deal. It's why I had to roll my eyes at all of the drama surrounding Hope/Maks week after week. With rare exceptions, I don't believe everyone is constantly fighting and at each other's throats every second of rehearsals, just like I don't there's a ton of love in the room and not an ounce of frustration, stress, or fighting. Some people just get that select edit when the show wants to use it, others get it all season because it makes for good headlines. I remember during season 9, when Natalie Coughlin was eliminated, she said that the rehearsal video shown the week she was eliminated had footage from the first few days of training-it painted her and Alec in a bickering light, but she said that was from the first week, yet they chose to show it week 6 (?) when she was eliminated. It's why I have a hard time getting behind Rob's tolerant personality and the whole story line the show built up around him. In watching Cheryl's freestyle, that was one undeserved 30, and she's definitely lost her touch on the freestyle round. I was impressed to hear that Rob is going to law school, so maybe he's the good version of the black sheep in his famewhore family. But I won't miss him, and hope he's the last one in that gene pool who samba's their way on. I can avoid them when they aren't around the show, but it's harder to do that when they're on. Of course one of the girls may not have it as easy with CA.

There's a small part of me that's curious to see what would happen in the studio and the media if J.R. lost-but not curious enough to hope it happens. I can't see how J.R. can lose.

Am I the only one who finds it hard to believe that Rob has the wherewithal to get all the way through law school and pass the bar? Has he even taken the LSAT? Been accepted to a school? Or is this all just his new game plan?

Really, it would be nice if one of the Kardashians had a real job for which he/she had to have actual qualifications beyond his/her last name, and heaven knows, the Kardashians could use a lawyer in the family, but if Rob thinks being environmentally conscious is making sure his maid recycles his water bottles (and he did actually say that), I'm not sure he's capable of the kind of independent, hard work law school would be. And his father notwithstanding, I'd have a hard time hiring a Kardashian to do serious legal work for me (though I'm sure I couldn't afford a Kardashian anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by Giggity22 View Post
    You can not argue that JRs first dance wasn't crappy. He was totally out of sync with her. Normally when they say people get out of sync I can't really tell. That time I noticed it right away. I think a 7 was a bit harsh considering Chaz was getting 7s for waddling around the floor but whatever, he made up for it later.

I don't get the Rob hate. I am someone who DESPISES the Kardashians and their "Brand" but really think Rob is the standout of the season. He's gotten better every week to the point where he peaked in the finals. Isn't that what the show is about? Not having someone who's done dancing in the past and coasts to 10s every week but someone who starts off crappy, learns the moves and gets better every time? It makes me physically ill to see that attention whore of a family sitting in the front row every week (what the hell were they wearing?!) but I gave all my votes to Rob last night. He earned them. If you told me week 1 he was going to win I would have been pissed. Now, Im cool with it. Also everyone bitching about CA fawning over him, it wasn't just her last night. All 3 of them praised him. She's terrible at this and was all season with him but last night I think she deserves a pass.

I finally figured out why I can't stand Rikki. It occurred to me after she finished the freestyle and started going crazy like she just won the Super Bowl or something. SHES FAKE! That was the most awkward forced celebrating Ive ever seen. I think Derek told her she needs to look like JR does when he finishes and that was the result. Watch it again. It comes across as forced and so out of the blue. Its just on par with her sheepish "Oh my god, Thank you thank you thank you" and shocked expression every time a judge says she did good. I can't stand that. I don't care if its JR or Rob but if she wins Im going to be angry.
    Seriously, so what, why do you care about her personality? What about her dancing?
    Shoepie and Fanny Mare like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Am I the only one who finds it hard to believe that Rob has the wherewithal to get all the way through law school and pass the bar? Has he even taken the LSAT? Been accepted to a school? Or is this all just his new game plan?

Really, it would be nice if one of the Kardashians had a real job for which he/she had to have actual qualifications beyond his/her last name, and heaven knows, the Kardashians could use a lawyer in the family, but if Rob thinks being environmentally conscious is making sure his maid recycles his water bottles (and he did actually say that), I'm not sure he's capable of the kind of independent, hard work law school would be. And his father notwithstanding, I'd have a hard time hiring a Kardashian to do serious legal work for me (though I'm sure I couldn't afford a Kardashian anyway).
    You are kidding right? You have to work and work hard when you are in law school. He doesn't seem to have a passion for anything much less any drive.
    karalott and Fanny Mare like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    You are kidding right? You have to work and work hard when you are in law school. He doesn't seem to have a passion for anything much less any drive.
    I also have some trouble believing that Mama Kris isn't now going to want to try and parlay his DWTS appearances into some moneymaking scheme she can market. Law school would not be that. And yeah, Rob may have improved as a dancer over the course of the season, but that's concentrating on one thing for a relatively short period of time for which he was getting a lot of praise, particularly from his fan girl CA. In law school, he'd just be another student, and his last name wouldn't be anything he could use to his advantage. Rob strikes me as someone who needs someone pushing him as opposed to someone who's able to drive himself toward a goal. If Cheryl hadn't kept after him, and if he hadn't seen some pretty immediate positive responses from the judges, I think he might have been out long ago--and, of course, his last name was more of a help to him on DWTS than it would be in law school. I don't give a fig for the entire Kardashian clan, but obviously some people do.

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders View Post
    I enjoyed tonight's show without Hope and Maks! It was so nice to not have their bitter smirks and remarks! I just found it much more relaxing.

In my opinion, J.R. has this in the bag and everyone knows it. America just loves him - he is a hero - and he's a great dancer. I just can't see anyone else coming close to the amount of votes he must be getting. I really like Ricky and Derek, and I have grown to like Cheryl and Rob, but I think they will even be happy for J.R. to win.
    Wasn't it nice? I really enjoyed it

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Wasn't it nice? I really enjoyed it
    But not nearly so nice as that Derek free season we had.

At least this season Derek toned it down some and realized he had to make his partner look good and that it is not all about him, him, him, him, him.
    karalott likes this.

FORT Fogey

Seriously, so what, why do you care about her personality? What about her dancing?
    I said to my husbnd last night that I never could warm to Ricky. The personalities are as important as the dancing....they go together.

At least this season Derek toned it down some and realized he had to make his partner look good and that it is not all about him, him, him, him, him.
    Maybe there is still time for Maks to learn then

Like CA said to Nancy about connecting to the audience in the performance, personality plays into it. If people think Ricki's fake or putting on a front, it's going to be harder for people to appreciate the dance.

+ Reply to Thread