+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast
Like Tree178Likes

Thread: 11/14 DWTS13 Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: 11/14 DWTS13 Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

The uneven judging on the show makes it so hard for me to continue watching.

To me, a 10 should mean a star has no room for improvement. I didn't think Ricki's samba was perfect. She seemed hesitant to me in some of her steps and arm movements, as though she didn't have her usual confidence. She danced well but there was room for improvement. I would have given her 9's.

I thought JR did as well on his Argentine Tango as Ricki did on her Samba but the judges' scores sure didn't reflect that.

Maybe in the future I'll just watch the stars dance and turn the channel when they announce the scores so I don't get angry and ruin my enjoyment of the show.

I hope Hope goes home. I feel for the woman because I can see she's been really trying but she's just not very good. There are so many little things wrong with her technique it's hard to pinpoint it all but she doesn't quite have it. Good fir her pushing on and trying to get better but I think all the remaining stars are much better than her. Time for her to go.
    JunkieGirl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Did anyone else notice that when Karina was asked about having never won and she sort of shyly said it would be nice to win that it looked like she reached out and squeezed Maks' hand in recognition of the fact that of the four pros up there, she and Maks were in the same boat, whereas Cheryl and Derek had both won multiple times?

I really, really hope J.R. is okay, because this is the first legitimate shot Karina's had at winning since Mario Lopez, and her attitude seems to have improved so much.

OMG I just erased my DVR and would have loved to see if Karina squeezed Maks' hand - it would be nice if they were at least civil to one another now..

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by zookeepertx View Post
    But, aren't lifts allowed in the AT? How could they get called out for them if they're allowed? I guess I'm missing something; wouldn't be the first time....
    Yes, but CA decided that since she couldn't criticize the fact that they had lifts, she'd go after the way in which the lifts were performed, even though someone--Bruno, I think--had just praised her for trying difficult lifts and challenging herself, even if the result wasn't altogether perfect.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Yep, the real loser here is CA--and I noticed neither of the male judges leapt to her defense either. I think Len and Bruno knew she was making way too much out of a smile that no one else would probably have thought much of anything about if she hadn't mentioned it. Now she looks like the petty one, and Hope looks like the one in the right (and Maks doesn't have to answer to anyone, because he didn't say a thing).
    It's the second time this season that the judges playing favorites is being brought up. I think CA jumping to Len's defense a few weeks ago during the first bust up just added fuel to the fire and made it into a bigger deal. I'll be curious to see the judges comments tomorrow. I hope when Hope/Maks are announced as being in the bottom 2 and are on the verge of being voted out, they just step down quickly and say they knew it. Why drag out the obvious?

So CA basically was looking for something to criticize? And she wondered why Hope would react like that. Go Hope!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    OMG I just erased my DVR and would have loved to see if Karina squeezed Maks' hand - it would be nice if they were at least civil to one another now..
    When I watch tonight I'll look. I really hope so!
    jucamer likes this.

FORT Fogey

I'm predicting a bottom two tomorrow night of J.R. and Hope, so that when Hope is sent home, everyone can focus on how great it is that J.R. was saved.

Think that Hope and Maks will get a montage when they're voted out? Anyone want to guess what will be in it (or what won't be in it) if they do?

Never too old to Twinkle! AZChristian's Avatar

As much as I love Maks (which is a LOT), I can be objective and recognize that Hope deserves to go home after tonight's show. However, I'm so disgusted with Carrie Ann's obvious dislike of Maks . . . and almost equally disgusted with Bruno's vile double entendres . . . that once Maks is gone (tomorrow), I'm done for this season. Best wishes to JR - hope he wins!
    GabbyG likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    When I watch tonight I'll look. I really hope so!
    I hope I'm not getting everyone excited about nothing, but it looked to me like she reached behind J.R. to take someone's hand, and I don't think it was Hope's (wouldn't make much sense that she'd reach for Hope anyway, given that the comment that had just been made about never winning would affect Maks more than Hope), and she was too far from Derek or Ricki to have reached for their hands (and that would make even less sense, since Derek's won more than anyone). She couldn't have been reaching for Cheryl or Rob's hands, because they were on the other side.

I don't think it's beyond the realm of possibility. It's been a couple of years now since their break-up and they've both moved on, and they've been working on the show together, so they've had to be in at least minimal contact with each other. It's not like I think they're going to be best friends all of a sudden, but I don't think it's impossible that they've reached the point where they can be okay with each other again. Really, I think if she did reach out for Maks' hand to give it a squeeze, it was more a case of being the only way she could let him know that he was the only other won up there who could understand how she was feeling when Brooke tactlessly pointed out that she'd never won before. She answered Brooke so meekly at that point--mainly, I think, because she's worried about R.J.--that I think she just needed some reassurance from someone who knew how she felt, and realistically, Maks was the one person up there who did know how she felt.

I also thought Cheryl winced a bit when Brooke made a point out of saying Karina had never won before--I think she realized it was kind of a tacky thing to say, since Karina and Maks have never won and she and Derek have won multiple times. It couldn't really have been a comfortable thing for any of the pros to have heard.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    As much as I love Maks (which is a LOT), I can be objective and recognize that Hope deserves to go home after tonight's show. However, I'm so disgusted with Carrie Ann's obvious dislike of Maks . . . and almost equally disgusted with Bruno's vile double entendres . . . that once Maks is gone (tomorrow), I'm done for this season. Best wishes to JR - hope he wins!
    Thing is, I don't really think Rob is final three material either (even though it doesn't much matter--if J.R. and Ricki make the final three, they're the final two). We've had better people in the final three than that before--Erin could have wiped the floor with Rob.
    jucamer likes this.

Well I just tried to vote by phone for Hope and Maks and they said voting by phone was over?? It's only been a half hour afte the show ended - I thought voting stopped an hour after the show??

+ Reply to Thread