+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree99Likes

Thread: 11/7 DWTS13 Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Re: 11/7 DWTS13 Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

I'm so excited that JR got the first 30 of the season!! Totally deserved. Their waltz was very beautiful and that is one dance that Karina always choreographs well. She always looks so 'flowy' and beautiful and it's hard to keep my eyes off of her and on her partner. I'm going to have to re-watch that dance just to see how good JR was, but the little that I did see he was pretty awesome.

I missed the first half hour of the show so I missed Rob and Hope's dances. Once I heard that Hope got a 27, I knew that the show wanted to get rid of Nancy. When Nancy got her scores for her 2nd lackluster jive, I think she is going home tomorrow night. *fingers & toes crossed*
    karalott and GoingInCircles like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    I just wonder how many shout-outs Nancy will give to the show after she is eliminated. Did she really make any friends this year, or will it never be spoken of again on HLN after the season ends?
    I hear you. She and Chaz bonded deeply and I am sure the others like her as well.

I don't watch her show, so not a fan, but I will step up to defend her against the criticism further up in this thread. Her outburst in rehersal is no different from others who reach a breaking point. She spoke the truth; she does have a full time job and kids. Her time is not as free as some other stars we see who are out of work. And I thought Len's comment "time for you to go" was unnecessarily harsh. It is the truth, but didn't need to be hurled at her. Or was he speaking to her voting fans?

I like Ricki too. Remember, they are on the spot when talking. The conversation moves fast and you have to think quickly after exerting yourself. You don't always say the exact right thing. I am sure many of them would like do overs.

I like the cast this season and the biggest surprise for me is Rob. I really like the guy! Never knew him before but read so many derrogatory remarks before the show got underway.

JR will win, of course and Ricki will be second, we have known that for weeks. It is all about the costumes, for me.

Maks and Hope cannot disguise their lack of chemistry no matter how hard they try.
    Last edited by Shoepie; 11-08-2011 at 04:47 AM.
    GoingInCircles and Fanny Mare like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    I love Nancy and if you want her gone tomorrow you better pray her viewers are too busy celebrating the verdict in the Conrad Murray case to vote for her. Nancy is giving her money to charity so she is getting the votes from Hln viewers for that purpose.
    I think she's done really well ths year. The judges dont want her, they want Hope and Maks. Too bad. I enjoyed her much more than those two.I think JR is fabulous, Ricki and Derek did a fantastic waltz, I hope she keeps dancing, she,s a natural as well. Rob did well, at least he tries every week. Good show this week for me.

I think I may have seen a teeny tiny lift in Ricki and Derek's waltz at the very beginning. Good thing CarrieAnn missed it...just like she missed Rob and Cheryl's last week. It seems as if she sees the lifts she wants. I know nothing about ballroom dancing, other than what I've watched here, but certain glaring errors that I see somehow are "missed" by the judges. Then I see what I think is an atrocious routine and it's praised. I must need to go back and read the Dancing 101 manual again. A few points...

-really wanted Hope to do well since episode one, but up until last night I had figured it just was never going to 'click' for her, but it finally did. Yay for her!

-I don't think this 'new and improved teaching style' is all Max. I suspect the show took a lot of flack for the footage of rehersals last week when Max was perceived by some to be too rough with Hope. I bet Max was given a firm talking to and told to 'redeem' himself this week. It all seemed a bit staged, especially with the big family dinner.

-Rob has definitely shown improvement every week, but that instadance was not very good. Hope's was full of energy and fast and she scored the same (from CA and Bruno) as Rob?? How did that happen?

-Derek admitted to the obvious lift after his jive was over, but CA still gave him an 8? Did she think it was 9-worthy before deducting the 'lift point'? I don't think so.

-Love seeing Karina so happy dancing- like she doesn't have to teach and dance at the same time like some of the others. They just float around that stage.

- I think originally the show wanted Derek/Ricki to win so others were getting screwed in the scoring, but then they saw how much the viewers have taken to JR and have now starting scoring JR accordingly. I think TPTB have decided that having a 'war hero' as the DWTS champ as opposed to the Golden Boy or a '(quasi) big name celeb' won't be such a bad thing afterall!

I voted for H/M. I think they deserve to stay over N/T and even R/S. After the scoring last night I automatically started thinking the judges were being nice and scoring Hope higher and the clip was to redeem Max....all b/c they want her to go this week. I think they know if they score her low then there will be backlash and her fans will vote like crazy.

Poor Tristan. I've given Nancy a chance and thought she was improving but it's time for her to go. I think Rob has improved more than Nancy.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

I voted for Rob and Cheryl. I honestly think he's the most improved dancer of the group. Do I think he will "win"? NO. However, I hope he makes it to the finals over Nancy
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    Finally, we're seeing the real Nancy! I knew it was hiding there somewhere. Free Tristan!
    With me it is the eye flutter & the smirk on her face. I won't even mention seeing the sight of her unmentionables. Ricki lost a visable sign of weight. Nancy not so mcuh especially since she is running after young twins all day & has a full time job. Whatever Nancy...whatever.
    karalott likes this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie
    I don't watch her show, so not a fan, but I will step up to defend her against the criticism further up in this thread. Her outburst in rehersal is no different from others who reach a breaking point. She spoke the truth; she does have a full time job and kids. Her time is not as free as some other stars we see who are out of work. And I thought Len's comment "time for you to go" was unnecessarily harsh. It is the truth, but didn't need to be hurled at her. Or was he speaking to her voting fans?
    I used to watch her show, so not a fan, but must you defend her? Haha. I really think that her "outburst" was possibly sarcasm? After she said full time job and kids....she said we should get married. Unfortunately Nancy's sarcasm doesn't come across, because she mostly "acts" like a battle axe. It is really hard to see that she might have a sense of humour. I have to admit that I see how she is trying to come across as funny, trying to have fun with this experience but still wants people to still see her as that pitbull lawyer on TV.

Got to finally see Rob and Hope's dances. Rob stayed the course and did a great job. WTF with Hope? WOW!! She danced for her life and it showed. She finally looked like she was having fun, let loose and was awesome. Watching her "package" gave a clue as to why she wasn't doing all that great. Once she let herself be vulnerable and open--it showed in her dancing. The judges have been wanting to see this side of her, and she finally gave them what they saw in her at the beginning of the season. She deserves to stay over Nancy. Hope's journey is just beginning.
    karalott likes this.

I don't know much about Nancy, but if that is her attempt at humor, well, for me that is not how it comes across. I do get that some of her banter could be sarcasim, but that too has gotten really old, and I think that it has certainly gotten old for Tristan. Nancy comes across like she knows everything about "everything" and has a hard time letting someone else "lead". It truly is her time to go. I would like to see the 4 best dancers move on to next week.

So, this makes me wonder about tonight's elimination. I wonder if they will show a true bottom 2 tonight or a pretend bottom 2. I know that based on the judges scores alone Nancy should land in the true bottom 2, but I would not be surprised to see Hope and Rob there instead - that is if Nancy is able to pull in enough viewers votes to get her through to next week. I certainly hope that that is not the case and that Nancy is eliminated tonight. If so, I guess that we will see if she is a gracious loser or not. Oh, and if it is Rob and Hope who are in the true bottom two, I think that Rob has the bigger fan base, and Hope will be eliminated.
    Last edited by Longhornfan; 11-08-2011 at 12:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    <snip>

<snip>
    I don't like Nancy's show, but last night I turned it on just to see what she was saying about DWtS and she was not there, which leads me to believe that she is NOT working a full time job. Also, I can't imagine that she works a full time job when she is only on camera one hour a day and prep time cannot possibly be another seven hours. As to having twins and having to get up at 5:00 a.m., I would be willing to bet that she has help and is not caring for them 24/7 by herself. I will give her props for getting out there at 53 years old, but she chose the gig.

+ Reply to Thread