+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree99Likes

Thread: 11/7 DWTS13 Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

Re: 11/7 DWTS13 Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton View Post
    I hope Tristan comes back with a better partner next season. He could talk to me all night with that accent.
    I actually rewound the dvr just so I could hear him talk again!

I love Nancy and if you want her gone tomorrow you better pray her viewers are too busy celebrating the verdict in the Conrad Murray case to vote for her. Nancy is giving her money to charity so she is getting the votes from Hln viewers for that purpose.
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Fogey

I thought I was the only one who was turned off by Derek's facial hair. He really looks better clean-shaven. Is he changing his look for a movie or musical or something? Does anyone know?

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    Yeah, even though the judges were totally up her skirt tonight, I don't see how she can escape the chop this week. If she does, there will be a riot, and I know because I'll be starting it.
    Totally, luv'd the comment.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    I love Nancy and if you want her gone tomorrow you better pray her viewers are too busy celebrating the verdict in the Conrad Murray case to vote for her. Nancy is giving her money to charity so she is getting the votes from Hln viewers for that purpose.
    This is the same thing I was talking about as my post about J.R. and why celebs stay in the competition. (Note: I'm not equating JR with Nancy -- JR deserves to be a frontrunner) If Nancy volunteers to donate her money to charity, that's great, I applaud her. But it shouldn't be the sole reason people vote for her to stay if she isn't dancing well. If she doesn't make the finals, and doesn't think that enough money was raised, I'm sure she'll add to it. But I'm not going to make that the reason somebody should win DWTS.

Pretty soon, everyone will be competing for the biggest sympathy reason to stay, and the dancing won't even matter. Let everyone and their causes go on another show or have a telethon. I watch this show for the dancing.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

I was told a long time ago its not about the dancing only. It seems to be a popularity contest because not all the time does the best dancer win. People vote for people for imo some odd reasons so this really is all about popularity. Nancy has done her homework and HLN is ending all of its shows with footage and reminding people to vote.
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

I was told a long time ago its not about the dancing only. It seems to be a popularity contest because not all the time does the best dancer win. People vote for people for imo some odd reasons so this really is all about popularity. Nancy has done her homework and HLN is ending all of its shows with footage and reminding people to vote.
    I understood this about the show a long time ago too, but I just don't want it to get to the point where the actual dancing means nothing in terms of who makes the finals. Bad precedents were set by the camps for Bristol Palin, and now Nancy. And Nancy is such a P.T. Barnum in how she deals with the judges and the audience. She doesn't care if she dances well (the way she treats Tristan is proof enough of that), she just wants to win by the sheer force of her personality alone. Well she needs to learn that the show is about more than who is the biggest alpha-celebrity in the pack. Or at least, the producers need to learn this, and be more careful about who they cast and what kinds of ground rules they set for the celebs in terms of campaigning on their own.

It's like she's on fame-steroids or something. It's a little creepy sometimes. :
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 11-08-2011 at 01:22 AM.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    This is the same thing I was talking about as my post about J.R. and why celebs stay in the competition. (Note: I'm not equating JR with Nancy -- JR deserves to be a frontrunner) If Nancy volunteers to donate her money to charity, that's great, I applaud her. But it shouldn't be the sole reason people vote for her to stay if she isn't dancing well. If she doesn't make the finals, and doesn't think that enough money was raised, I'm sure she'll add to it. But I'm not going to make that the reason somebody should win DWTS.

Pretty soon, everyone will be competing for the biggest sympathy reason to stay, and the dancing won't even matter. Let everyone and their causes go on another show or have a telethon. I watch this show for the dancing.
    Nancy isn't the only one whose contributing her winnings to charity this season-it was mentioned at the beginning of the season which celebs were giving up their winnings, but since they don't have a network promoting them, I can't tell you who they are. This is the main reason I don't ever want to see celebs start dancing solely for charity. I mean, it's a nice gesture, but some of these celeb hoofers were known for blowing through whatever winnings their brief claim to fame brought them. So it's not like they're an A-list billionaire. And then the charity factor comes into play probably bigger than a pros fanbase. I'm happy that Nancy is donating her winnings, just like the other celebs past and present who have/will. I just think that should be the last thing keeping someone in. I think Nancy should go because she's a horrible dancer, boring, and has a bad attitude. I think this is more of who Nancy is that we saw tonight, and I got annoyed with her telling Tristan he doesn't have a full time job. Maybe she needs to re-watch scenes of season 10 and Jake and Kate disrespecting their pros and Len telling them to show up, keep up, shut up and trust their partner. However, because Len did the 'it's time to hit the road' followed by her being bottom of the totem pole (and she was still overscored), and the bottom two last week, I think she's in until next week. I said before, it's not like her pimping DWTS on her show and HLN is bringing in a surge of viewers. Hope/Maks, unfortuantely, brought about the light side of things too late. I'd love to see them make it. I doubt Hope will make the finals, but people (including myself) have been counting her out for weeks, so it'd be great to see her at least make the semi's. I think the fanbases of J.R., Ricki, and Rob (plus Cheryl and Derek) are going to be untouchable. Nancy might surprise and kick Rob out of the finals, but right now I think Hope goes tomorrow, and Nancy next week. Rob finishes 3rd. I still don't know who will take it between Ricki and J.R.
    Last edited by karalott; 11-08-2011 at 01:27 AM.

This is very true. I don't begrudge anyone voting for whomever they like, for whatever reason. That's how the show works. They don't ask for people to vote for the best dancer, just "your favorite." It's made me happy sometimes (Helio winning over Mel B.) and miffed other times (Natalie Coughlin going home so early), but that is how it goes.

That said, like karalott mentioned earlier, it never ceases to amaze me when Dumb & Dumber, along with Len, act all horrified and shocked if a good/great dancer goes home instead of a poor dancer. They usually overscore said poor dancer. I have liked Nancy a lot better on this show than I do from her own show, and I love Tristan. However, she should have gone last week IMO, and the blame for her not going lies on the judges' shoulders. Don't want her to stick around? Don't score her so darned high! Exact same thing they did with Chaz this season, and plenty of people before that as well (my first example: Tom Delay). Given the way DWTS' results procedure works, it is pretty easy to make up most points deficits via the fan vote. Hence why overscoring has mucked up so many result shows over the years.

I obviously don't know for sure why they have been so kind to Nancy. My guess is that it is mostly because pretty much ALL of the HLN shows are constantly talking about not just Nancy on DWTS, but DWTS in general. Free publicity, anyone? I would like to think the show doesn't work that way, but for seasons now it has been obvious to me that the judges are sometimes told how to score certain people in advance. Maybe not specific numbers, but more along the lines of "Keep the scores close" or "Don't score below X number of points." That would also account for comments not matching scores. So she may have that in her favor, added to all the viewers of the various HLN shows. I flipped past HLN during DWTS tonight, and Nancy's sub host ended the show with a, er, shriek reminding everyone to vote for Nancy. I heard one host say they wanted her to win it "for our network." When even Dr. Drew is schlepping along and begging for votes for you, yes, you have a bit more help than the average celeb on this show.

All in all, I was THRILLED for Hope tonight. She did awesome, and she looked like she had a ton of fun. I still want JR to win, but I assumed (hopefully rightfully so!) he was safe and switched back to voting for Hope yet again. One would think Nancy will go, but I wouldn't count her out either. If it can't be her, it would be a-okay with me to send Rob packing. Second choice for a non-Nancy boot is Ricki, but that is likely but a pipe dream.
    karalott likes this.

I just wonder how many shout-outs Nancy will give to the show after she is eliminated. Did she really make any friends this year, or will it never be spoken of again on HLN after the season ends?
    karalott likes this.

+ Reply to Thread