+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: 11/1 Results Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

FORT Fogey

Re: 11/1 Results Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by TIA__MA View Post
    LOL! I thought the same thing.
    Unfortunately, that's what autotune is for.

FORT Fogey

I kind of missed what Tom and Brooke said about this dance Derek's now doing. Are they going to be featuring individual pros doing dances about what inspires them during filler now?

If so, how are they going to determine which pros get to do that? They don't have enough time left in the series for everyone to get a shot.

Personally, I'd like to see Tristan get a shot at something like that, because he's new and we really don't know all that much about him yet.
    JavaJo likes this.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I loved the judges reaction to that Len and Bruno were banging their hands on the table, and Bruno shook his head as though he couldn't believe it.

J.R. and Ricki up next. I've got a bad feeling about Hope Karina's costume was cute.

Bruno and Len were nagging on CA for her 9 to J.R. Bruno mentioned she gave Nancy a 9 last week. Even the judges can't believe each other anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Is that ballerina girl kind of big for a ballerina or is the guy she's with just sort of short?

And by big, I meant tall--I just realized how that might sound.
    Baryshnikov was shorter than most of the ballerinas he dance with when they went en pointe. Figure the length of your foot; it can add 7, 8, or more inches to the height of a ballerina. Then add in the headpiece they wear for many ballets. A danseur under will not "measure up."
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I really wish Ricki would be going home tonight. Derek's still howling, Ricki says he's milking it as usual. At least she's observant.

Safe: Ricki/Derek (and Derek howls) and J.R./Karina. Didn't we see this coming?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    It'd be interesting if David is in the bottom 2 again, and for only the second time this season (and in how many seasons?), they reveal the real bottom 2 to save him.

Tom says every season they invite the pros to create a dance that inspires them-really? Of course, cue Derek, who is out dancing...I don't know what.
    Is that what the introduction was? Then they should have had him explain what it was that inspired him to create that dance or what he finds especially inspiring about that dance. Otherwise, there's no real connection between the intro and the dance itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Is that what the introduction was? Then they should have had him explain what it was that inspired him to create that dance or what he finds especially inspiring about that dance. Otherwise, there's no real connection between the intro and the dance itself.
    He said something about the pros doing a dance that inspires them. However, I thought he said "every season". He didn't seem to give much explanation of what it was, that I caught.

Who was the girl Derek danced with?

Quote Originally Posted by TIA__MA View Post
    Who was the girl Derek danced with?
    I heard Allison. Don't know her last name.

Can we skip Bieber (what a coincidence, he has a new album out), and get to results and give my nerves a rest?

Ugh, Bieber and Spats? But Chelsie!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    He said something about the pros doing a dance that inspires them. However, I thought he said "every season". He didn't seem to give much explanation of what it was, that I caught.
    That still seems kind of lame. If they don't explain why they find the dances inspiring, they could just as easily say: Here's a pro doing a dance. It would be as meaningful.

Actually, it might be kind of fun to do what Robin Cousins used to do with Improv on Ice. Have the pro selected to do that piece of filer that week pull a song out of a hat and have to choreograph something to that. Cousins had the best choices too--always something that was workable but that hadn't really been used much for skating that really showed who could come up with something on the fly and who couldn't. I still remember poor Todd Eldredge having to come up with something for "Who Let the Dogs Out?" Definitely a stretch for him.

+ Reply to Thread