+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: 11/1 Results Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: 11/1 Results Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by tango7 View Post
    Anyone see Kimmel last night? Bruno was a complete idiot; he didn't even talk about the show. Just jumped and rolled around and squealed. Even Pee Wee Herman and Jimmy were looking at him like . . .wtf?
    I noticed he said that the contestants (more or less) need to grow up, and people need to get a sense of humor. I wonder who really has the biggest egos in that ballroom. No wonder they hate being told off! I think they all have their own self entitled egos, everyone thinks they're right, and everyone thinks their the greatest. I didn't like Bruno's attitude towards Chaz's comments, and during Michael Bolton-gate and the first round of Pussy-gate, he made no apologies and seemed even more obnoxious. I'm not surprised he gets worse and worse every season.

CA loved Rob and Ricki, Bruno thought J.R. had bad music, Len liked David.

FORT Fogey

Note to the producers: Did you hear the cheers from the waiting crowd when Carson appeared? When was the last time Brooke got that kind of response?

Yeah, I thought so.
    karalott, TIA__MA, Moontat and 3 others like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    I noticed he said that the contestants (more or less) need to grow up, and people need to get a sense of humor. I wonder who really has the biggest egos in that ballroom. No wonder they hate being told off! I think they all have their own self entitled egos, everyone thinks they're right, and everyone thinks their the greatest. I didn't like Bruno's attitude towards Chaz's comments, and during Michael Bolton-gate and the first round of Pussy-gate, he made no apologies and seemed even more obnoxious. I'm not surprised he gets worse and worse every season.

CA loved Rob and Ricki, Bruno thought J.R. had bad music, Len liked David.
    I'm glad Bruno acknowledged that J.R. had bad music, but I think they could have gone on further about that, as a lot of people had bad music. And I still think that if they knew they could get the theme from Psycho, they should have saved it for the Halloween broadcast and found something else for movie night, which ought to have a broader range of potentially good tango music from which to pick (actually, after years of figure skating viewing, I know that's true).

9 points seperated the leader board. Wow, I didn't realize how much that team dance helped Hope.

Team Paso (or the Dream Team, as Len called it), gets the encore.

I just don't understand how Rob's considered a dancer. His stomping has improved. I think Hope does better in the team element. It's gotta stink to be the pros on the losing end when you get reamed that bad.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tango7 View Post
    Anyone see Kimmel last night? Bruno was a complete idiot; he didn't even talk about the show. Just jumped and rolled around and squealed. Even Pee Wee Herman and Jimmy were looking at him like . . .wtf? Mercifully the segment only lasted a couple minutes.
    If Pee Wee Herman thinks you might be over the top, it's really time to reconsider your on camera behavior.
    moflan likes this.

Watching this paso doble again, I stand by my opinion that this was Hope's best dance.
    jucamer likes this.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    I'm glad Bruno acknowledged that J.R. had bad music, but I think they could have gone on further about that, as a lot of people had bad music. And I still think that if they knew they could get the theme from Psycho, they should have saved it for the Halloween broadcast and found something else for movie night, which ought to have a broader range of potentially good tango music from which to pick (actually, after years of figure skating viewing, I know that's true).
    I don't know why they didn't save it for Halloween, or gave J.R. a different dance style. Monique/Louis had the cha cha to Ghostbusters back in season 3, and that worked a lot better than the tango (but I thought they still struggled based on the beat and time of the music). However, I know nothing about ballroom dance, so I don't know what's considered a good song and what isn't.

Rob and Nancy up first. Rob said something about getting 2 7s last week. Cheryl tells him to step his s*** up as she waves a dagger. Hmm, and it's his best dance ever? That was creepy between Rob and Bruno.

Good God, how was Nancy's dance scored so high? She should have gotten 5-5-5.
    JavaJo likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    Watching this paso doble again, I stand by my opinion that this was Hope's best dance.
    I wonder if Hope simply is more comfortable in a team situation. I know technically she's on a team with Maks, but realistically, that's a pairing, not a team in the sense that Hope is used to being on a team--and in the team dance she wasn't the only one who wasn't a pro, which may be part of it too.

I get the feeling part of Hope's problem is that she's an athlete, not a performer, and isn't used to the same kind of spotlight, and perhaps she simply doesn't like the entertainment kind of spotlight.

I've heard worse songs for a jive. CA thought she had one moment of jive. Len said it wasn't her best dance, but it was okay. Nancy didn't think her jive was that bad. Tristan was adorable. Nancy? That was horrible. At least she's keeping a stiff upper lip.

Oh, and the real bottom 2 is being revealed. Nancy/Tristan (guarantee she's safe and Hope's gone-I'm so over this season). Wouldn't Rob be safe if Nancy is doomed?

+ Reply to Thread