+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree173Likes

Thread: 10/24 DWTS13 Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

FORT Fogey

Re: 10/24 DWTS13 Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

I hate to agree with any of Bruno's metaphors, but that was rather like a penguin doing Phantom of the Opera. Once again, they're being oh so very careful not to be too critical. If anyone else had danced like that, they would have been hammered. I get that Chaz is a good guy, and I wish him well, but we've had lots of sensitive souls be treated worse than that by the judges.

Chaz says you take the criticism and roll into next week. Honestly, though he probably will be here next week, after that, he doesn't deserve to be. I think 19 points is pretty generous for that.

Yep.

That's about right.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    So has Ricki been the only ones to get 10s so far? I remember season 7, I think Brooke was the only one to gets 10s (or get the most of them). And look who she was partnered with. Eventually, CA will have to crack and give J.R. one. Even if it kills her.

CA's either trying out for a Kleenex sponsorship or to be the newest Kardashian. I haven't decided which. She makes Paula Adbul and her tears believable and watchable.

Is tonight's show only 90 minutes? Hope hasn't gone yet, has she?
    No, Bruno gave J.R. a ten once.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    So has Ricki been the only ones to get 10s so far?
    No, JR got two 10s and a 9 . . .not sure if it was last week or week before . . .
    (Does anyone know for sure?)

Chaz should have gotten all 5s, and he should go tomorrow.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

He's not going anywhere. Maybe with Carson gone, they know they can't sugarcoat Chaz anymore, but he has the fanbase to keep him in. I'm guessing final 3, final 4 at worst.

ETA: Thanks! I forgot J.R. got one. At least he has that going for him. He should have had more by now.

Well, okay, my crush on Derek is coming back. I just really like to watch him.

Do the pros get ANY help in doing the choreography, or is it totally their own creation? I suppose people do get tired of hearing Derek get praised week after week, but I guess he is just that good.

I always liked him because he seems so supportive of his partners. Although he isn't loving on Ricki as much as he has some of his past partners, but still, he just seems so polite, and so capable, and let's face it, he's a fine piece of candy. I got worried when Ricki jumped on him after the judges comments, but he didn't even stumble. He must be rock-hard muscle in that lean little body.
    norealityhere likes this.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer View Post
    Well, okay, my crush on Derek is coming back. I just really like to watch him.

Do the pros get ANY help in doing the choreography, or is it totally their own creation? I suppose people do get tired of hearing Derek get praised week after week, but I guess he is just that good.

I always liked him because he seems so supportive of his partners. Although he isn't loving on Ricki as much as he has some of his past partners, but still, he just seems so polite, and so capable, and let's face it, he's a fine piece of candy. I got worried when Ricki jumped on him after the judges comments, but he didn't even stumble. He must be rock-hard muscle in that lean little body.
    I know they have in the past. I think it's on and off, depending on the dance. Most help has come in the freestyle round. I guess it depends if the celeb benefits from having someone come in and help, and if the show has anything to gain from having past pros or choreographers come in and lend a hand in demonstration or choreography help. However, I don't think it's any secret why some pros get really fun, upbeat songs or themes whereas others get stuff that's harder to choreograph to (and, in turn, get slammed by the judges for being boring). I think Derek's choreography is what get the scores, not his celeb's dancing (unless she's a ringer).

I like Hope, but I'm just not feeling her at all.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Hope's moves are getting lost in that big shawl-sweater.

Ugh - that was not good Hope.

I love that song - saw Rent at least 4-5 times on Broadway - love it!!

Ut Oh Maks is losing it

+ Reply to Thread