+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: 10/18 Results Show Discussion DWTS 13 *West Coast Spoilers*

Re: 10/18 Results Show Discussion DWTS 13 *West Coast Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Incidentally, I don't buy that Tom wouldn't want him as a commentator, because he's witty and would be competition. Most smart, witty people would rather exchange banter with other smart, witty people than have to cover for the dull and the slow-witted. Yes, he'd have to share the spotlight, but the two of them together would be funnier, and I don't think anyone would forget about Tom or that Carson would outshine him. Besides, as it's set up now, the two commentators barely interact at all--Brooke Burke-Shoveit is up in the celebriquarium and Tom is down on the floor about 85% of the time. If they're not simultaneously on screen, it's hard for them to compete directly with one another. And at least Carson could come up with more than the same cycle of three questions to ask every contestant, and he wouldn't constantly be talking about how it was when he won with Derek.
    Tom doesn't seem like the "diva" type. Plus, he seemed to have a blast when Drew Lachey was covering for Samantha when she went on maternity leave, and Drew made it easy for Tom to sling some zingers...he always set him up for it. I just wish they'd get someone else. Kat Deeley on SYTYCD is superb and she is female..so I know that there are females out there who are capable of co-hosting without flubbing every line or sounding like a dimwit.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    Tom doesn't seem like the "diva" type. Plus, he seemed to have a blast when Drew Lachey was covering for Samantha when she went on maternity leave, and Drew made it easy for Tom to sling some zingers...he always set him up for it. I just wish they'd get someone else. Kat Deeley on SYTYCD is superb and she is female..so I know that there are females out there who are capable of co-hosting without flubbing every line or sounding like a dimwit.
    So far the execs in charge have shown that all they want is a glam dress-up doll (DWTS Co-Host Barbie?) who can smile and ask a few inane questions to waste time while the scores are collected.

I wonder if the big event that Carson is referring to is the dance contest where some of the pros have taken a couple and are teaching them a dance and then they will have a dance off. I know that Tony, Lacy, Cheryl, Louis, Karina and one other guy are doing this. Read about it but don't know when it will be.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    So far the execs in charge have shown that all they want is a glam dress-up doll (DWTS Co-Host Barbie?) who can smile and ask a few inane questions to waste time while the scores are collected.
    Like a "Vannah" from Wheel of Fortune...
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2 View Post
    Like a "Vannah" from Wheel of Fortune...
    LOL! Great comparison. If Vanna White ever wants to retire, Brooke would be a good replacement ... plus, she wouldn't have to speak except to say hello and goodbye. Seriously, why not hire someone who is both attractive and knowledgeable about ballroom dancing to make intelligent remarks. Tom can handle the general hosting duties and humor. Give him a partner who can really add something.

Frankly, the questions Brooke asks could be much better. Usually she asks them questions she already knows the answer to. They'll show them discussing how much a routine means to them in the package before they perform and then she turns around and asks them again why it meant so much. That's just one example but she does it every time. I'd rather her ask them what dance they are most looking forward to/dreading, what is the most fun part about participating and what is something they can tell us about their pro that we don't know. Stuff like that would at least serve the purpose of letting us get to know the celeb better rather than have them stumble over stupid answers to stupid questions that we either already know or is so obvious there is no need to ask in the first place.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567