+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: 10/18 Results Show Discussion DWTS 13 *West Coast Spoilers*

mkp
    FORT Newbie

Re: 10/18 Results Show Discussion DWTS 13 *West Coast Spoilers*

Tristan and Kym's number was breathtaking! I just cannot believe how beautiful Tristan is. I have forgotten all about Maks.

Which leads me into the voting...I have been giving Nancy and Tristan all my votes, using three phone lines, because I keep wanting to see Tristan. I think this is why Nancy is still in the game. Honestly, I thought she would be gone last week, and then when they made it through, I thought surely this week they'd be gone. But no, they are still there.

Nancy realizes this too. She was mouthing 'still in jeopardy' when they were on stage, and she (and I) was truly shocked when she and Tristan were declared safe. At their on carpet interview afterwards she was thanking Tristan profusely, and expressing her gratitude to everyone who voted, saying how lucky she was to get Tristan as a partner, etc. I just wonder how far these two can go coasting on Tristan's popularity. I don't even enjoy watching Tristan dance with her. I just like seeing the rehersal footage and the interviews afterwords.

I will vote for them every time, but when it finally comes down to the crunch, if it's say Nancy against J.R. or Ricki in the final three, THEN I'd have to vote for the best dancer.

I was very sad to see Carson go. I had hoped it would be Maks and Hope who would get the boot. It's painful to see their dances and rehersal footage. Hope is so miserable. I blame it on Maks, who I really don't think is a very good teacher. He is unhappy as well.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    Queer Eye has been off the air for years. Tom would never allow Carson to co-host with him because he would be upstaged in terms of humor and wit. Carson would be great doing special behind-the-scenes pieces, and definitely could be a hilarious addition to Dance Center.
    Ah, thanks for the help. I knew he had been on that show, but didn't get it long enough to know that.

And yes, totally agree with you as far as the behind-the-scenes stuff. They need his off-beat honest humor too. He does have his cheeky moments, but still... Brooke is bland as wallpaper paste.

Regarding the Chaz comparisons to Bristol, they are so many similarities it seems hard for the outcome to be any different.

I am, however, starting to wonder how much of Bristol's self delusion was due to her partner Mark. What if a more modest dancer, perhaps Tony was her partner? She probably wouldn't have done that gorrilla suit dance, and maybe she would have come across differently. Mark has become much more annoying the last few seasons--did that start with the Bristol season? I'm not trying to re-write history here (it was very annoying), but I'm wondering now if more of that focus should have been on Mark.

I've heard Chaz make only one comment that I took to mean he was starting to believe the votes were based on his dancing. Maybe he just needs more time. Maybe it won't happen since Mark isn't his partner. I think the producers have toned down the "Season 13 is all about Chaz!" focus, probably after seeing the fan votes, so while I'm still annoyed that Chaz is still dancing, I have to admit it could be much worse.

The question now is whether Bristol 2.0 will go further than Bristol 1.0. My pre-season guess was that 2.0 would finish 4th or 5th, slightly worse than 1.0 since this isn't an election year (which contributed to 1.0's votes). We seem to be on track for that.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Dang! I didn't watch last night and just looked in here for the results. My bottom 3 would have been Nancy, Chaz, and Rob. I was hoping Carson would stay because I enjoy his dances and his humor.

This year's show is a yawnfest. I can hardly bring myself to watch anymore. I can recall dances from previous seasons better than from this season. I record the show. I watch the rehearsal segments (the best part of the show, IMO). I give a dance about 30 seconds and then FF if I'm bored (always with Nancy Grace, ususally with Chaz and Rob, and sometimes with Hope). I FF through a lot of the judges comments because they often seem so arbitrary. I can't stand Carrie Ann's squealing ("That was so... [insert squealy noise]). Len's comments are usually decent. The first few years I enjoyed Bruno's comments because of his use of words. Now he feels like every comment has to be over the top, and loud with exaggerated gestures. If Brooke's first question is inane, I FF. I can still see the judges' scores while fast forwarding.

For whatever reason, it's just not working this season. And I'm not sure how you'd ever be able to predict it. There have been celebrities that I thought would do great, and they fizzle, and others that there would be no reason to expect that they'd do well, and they're great (like Helio Castroneves).
    karalott likes this.

I have taken the show off my DVR schedule -- Stick a fork in me, I'm done!

FORT Fogey

I watch for JR only, and if he doesn't win this thing, I will probably be more PO'd than he will be! Ricki is no better than mediocre. If she had any other dance pro's choreography, she'd have a hard time getting 9s, no less 10s. Derek was moving her around in that Psycho number, and he had that clever shadow screen gimmick going for them. If it was anyone other than Derek, Len would have been grumbling about that being "messing about."
    jucamer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mkp View Post
    Tristan and Kym's number was breathtaking! I just cannot believe how beautiful Tristan is.

Which leads me into the voting...I have been giving Nancy and Tristan all my votes, using three phone lines, because I keep wanting to see Tristan. I think this is why Nancy is still in the game. Honestly, I thought she would be gone last week, and then when they made it through, I thought surely this week they'd be gone. But no, they are still there.
    I don't throw all my votes towards Nancy (JR is my ultimate favorite this season) but I normally throw one vote their way. In 13 seasons this is the first time I've ever voted to keep a pro instead of the star. If TPTB are smart they'll be bringing him back for sure. That dance with Kym and Tristan was hot.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Annastasia B View Post
    I hate that Carson's gone. I won't be watching the rest of the show. Unless........ Carson's gets to do comentary, hosting, etc. Someone let me know if he does. I'll tune back in for that!

According to Carson's twitter, he's urging people to keep "following," because something special will be happening next week. Now, it may have nothing to do with DWTS at all, but the majority of the recent tweets/retweets have been about that. I'd also think that if it were a major event that had to be pre-planned, he would have found out about it before this and would have mentioned it. However, just working him into Broadway week somehow wouldn't be that hard.

Incidentally, I don't buy that Tom wouldn't want him as a commentator, because he's witty and would be competition. Most smart, witty people would rather exchange banter with other smart, witty people than have to cover for the dull and the slow-witted. Yes, he'd have to share the spotlight, but the two of them together would be funnier, and I don't think anyone would forget about Tom or that Carson would outshine him. Besides, as it's set up now, the two commentators barely interact at all--Brooke Burke-Shoveit is up in the celebriquarium and Tom is down on the floor about 85% of the time. If they're not simultaneously on screen, it's hard for them to compete directly with one another. And at least Carson could come up with more than the same cycle of three questions to ask every contestant, and he wouldn't constantly be talking about how it was when he won with Derek.
    JLuvs likes this.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

I have to say that Chaz is definitely over staying his welcome. He is the worst dancer there
    BTW and mandmmom2 like this.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Awww, I was sad to see Carson go! He was fun and entertaning and I always looked forward for his and Anna's dances. Even though I like Maks, I don't feel his partnership with Hope...if they had gone I don't think I would have mind. It's pretty sad now that most of the entertainment is gone. I wonder how this season is going to become more entertaining. I think I'm only looking forward watching J.R's dances.

Anyways, I kind of find it funny that the judges gave Ricki all straight 8's.....I wonder if they are going to use the excuse "Oh we were wrong, about you blahblah you can dance" as an excuse to give Derek a perfect 30 next week.....? And it's broadway too.....Dx I know CA is going to gush all over him. OMG, replace this woman she's horrible she gives dancers who are not good, high marks, she plays favourite and is so bias.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast