+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: 10/18 Results Show Discussion DWTS 13 *West Coast Spoilers*

FORT Fogey

Re: 10/18 Results Show Discussion DWTS 13 *West Coast Spoilers*

Tell me about it. The judges need to get over their concern about seeming transgender-phobic and start calling Chaz out on his clumping about. If they don't, given his fanbase and his mother's, they could end up with him in the finals as Bristol 2.0. I didn't like it then and I won't like it now, even if I do find Chaz easier to take as a person. Arguably, even Nancy is a better dancer than he is, and for my money, Carson wasn't any worse and was way more entertaining. At this point, there's really no one left he can honestly best, and Carson aside, he's already outlasted dancers who were clearly better than he is--and not by just a little. I don't buy his claim that he's no longer injured either. Earlier he said he entered the competition with bad knees. The constant practice can't be helping his knees. Even if he's lost some weight, he's still quite heavy and the more you weigh, the more stress you put on your joints whenever you move. This competition can't be the best thing he could be doing for his health.

The only one left I can say I really enjoy watching is J.R. I do, however, feel sorry for Hope, because she seems so completely discouraged, and indeed, what probably hurt the most was Len's tongue-lashing about her not working hard enough. I really don't think that's true at all. Whatever her other faults may be, I don't see being lazy as being one of them, so I hope she gets to feel better about herself before her ultimate exit.

I also think it was beyond ridiculous that R/D got called safe first, as if anyone, including them, was really worried that their score of 24 meant they were going anywhere. Honestly, let someone else who might really be sweating it find out they're safe first.

Lastly, Brooke was stupid, even for her, tonight. When C/A were called as being in jeopardy, there was clearly booing in the audience. It was nowhere near a silent reaction. But the idiot Brooke announces that a "hush" has fallen over the audience, and it's left to a wincing Tom to point out that it was a very noisy "hush."

Bring on Carson. Dump Brooke. Now.

Sorry to see Carson go! He was a blast, even if he couldn't dance.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    Gilles on Modern Family I miss him more than ever this season. In addition to bringing Carson back, can we find a spot for Gilles.

Switched At Birth...you can watch more Gille on there. It's on hiatus right now but he showed up 2-3 episodes before the break. I'm sure he'll be back....just in case you want to drool....er...watch him.

I'm upset that Carson left.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Color me NOT surprised at the results - Chaz still there though he is not really dancing, but someone having fun - Carson, and doing a decent job is ousted.

Trust me, unless the judges intentionally score Chaz low, there's now way that he's going to be eliminated until possibly final four, but most likely final three. His fanbase is going to be large because of his gender change I hate to say as well as his mom being Cher. I'm sorry, but his dancing is as bad as Kate's was.

Hope is being criticized for lack of heart, though she does try. I also don't think they want Maks to go far this year though he could given that Hope is doing well in spite of actually having a life.

Not surprised about the rest of the results at all.

Kelly Clarkson still has such a wonderful voice and looks great. I really hate when people call her fat - I think it's nice that she lets her voice do the talking, not her looks.

Found it not surprising and irritating that Derek and Mark did that special dance with the special dancer (the one who did the pump and lock - I'm not sure what type it was). Worse - I found it DISGUSTING that Mark was trying to outshine her (though he did fail mostly).

So two notes that I hope ABC reads: Mark - seriously, upstage your celebrity dancer if you wish, but PLEASE, show respect to these unknown dancers and let them have their 15 minutes of fame by being on TV (or simpler terms, be a background dancer here instead of a Narcissist who is nearly the flower (read the myth if you don't understand). Derek - kudos for actually respecting the woman's getting possibly her one chance to appear on national TV and let her shine. It shows a maturity that I think was lacking prior to your season break.

If Chaz lasts much longer, this show will be seen as a joke or political platform instead of a dance show.

Oh - and to those who say this I echo it clearly: If "Queer Eye" is not in production anymore (or heck even if it is) ABC offer some major money to get Carson to be co-host to Bergeron and fire Brooke. She's as interesting as wallpaper paste drying and just as irritating.

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    Whew - Maks is safe - but so sorry to see Carson go. I wish Maks looked as though he was enjoying himself though..
    Honestly, how can you have fun when you hear the judges bashing your dance partner to the point she doesn't trust herself and it's affecting her dancing. I truly think Maks sees something special in Hope that could make her a dancing star and beauty (see Kirstie from last year and even Brandy given her past too), and hates that the judges are being so harsh to her for things that she is obligated to do. Note - no one else who has obligations has been reviled as much or if at all.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I was surprised to see Carson go since he has such a huge fan base here. However, I think it was the right call. He said himself he's not trying to be perfect, just having a good time. IMO, if he's not there to give 100% and learn how to do things the right way, he doesn't deserve the mirror ball trophy.

Carson is wrong. Good dancing doesn't have to be boring. He could bring his personality to his dance while doing better technique. The two are not mutually exclusive.

I don't think David deserved to be in the bottom three. He must not have as much of a fan base as some of the other stars.

I hope Kelly Clarkson will consider competing on the show in the future. I would certainly root for her!

I think it must be hard on Hope to be told over and over she is not feminine enough. Who exactly determines this not Carrie Ann Inaba thats for sure. She did the same thing with Kendra last season telling her she is allergic to class. I find her to be rude at times.
    Shoepie likes this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    Oh - and to those who say this I echo it clearly: If "Queer Eye" is not in production anymore (or heck even if it is) ABC offer some major money to get Carson to be co-host to Bergeron and fire Brooke. She's as interesting as wallpaper paste drying and just as irritating.
    Queer Eye has been off the air for years. Tom would never allow Carson to co-host with him because he would be upstaged in terms of humor and wit. Carson would be great doing special behind-the-scenes pieces, and definitely could be a hilarious addition to Dance Center.
    Shoepie, Arielflies and YorkieMom like this.

Can Carson just continue practicing and performing with Anna for the rest of the season just for fun and not be judged in the competition? That would make me happy. Thank you!

I heard Lacy chiding Chaz as they were revealed safe "you got 2 dances, you got 2 dances!" (at least I think that's what she was saying). Do the celebs have to do 2 dances next week? We aren't at that point yet are we or is there that big group number that they usually do (although I think was missing last season)?
    karalott likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Lastly, Brooke was stupid, even for her, tonight. When C/A were called as being in jeopardy, there was clearly booing in the audience. It was nowhere near a silent reaction. But the idiot Brooke announces that a "hush" has fallen over the audience, and it's left to a wincing Tom to point out that it was a very noisy "hush."

Bring on Carson. Dump Brooke. Now.
    Ha, Tilden! You beat me to it. I was going to ask if anyone else heard Brooke's "a hush has fallen over the audience" comment after the audience was anything but hushed! She is truly ridiculous.

karalott, I'm happy for you that your eye-candy is sticking around for another week! If Len criticizes Hope again next week for not working hard enough (can you imagine a pro athlete having to hear that from anyone?), she just might go off on him.

Carson is a classy guy. He was very gracious and appreciative saying his goodbyes. I will miss him and Anna.
    Last edited by mushybrain; 10-19-2011 at 12:50 AM.
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast