+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: 10/17 Show Discussion DWTS 13 *West Coast Spoilers*

Re: 10/17 Show Discussion DWTS 13 *West Coast Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    I am not sure why folks are giving Rob a hard time. The kid is progressing and he is being extremely personable. Rob can't help he was born into the Kardashian family cut the kid a break he is showing growth which a lot of these "stars" are not.
    Actually you are right.He has progressed each week. I also think David has, he tries very hard.I think Hope should go home before these two do.

FORT Fogey

The judges are more annoying this season than ever. It is sad when Bruno is annoying me the least. I have to say though he was a hottie when he was young.

Hope just comes across mean and witchy to me. I cannot get into her dances at all. It is ok, noone can be good at everything relax and have more fun or go home period.

Carson just has no rhythm like Kenny Mayne Bob Saget type no rhythm. He is very entertaining though, and it does not bother me to have to see his dances.

I think Rob is way less annoying than all of his sisters except Kourtney. I could actually stand those two, but all the others including the two Jenner younger ones to go away. I have had enough of them. It is getting to the point that Kris Jenner is getting too much exposure like Sharon Osbourne.

David seems like he is just forever trying to get approval. He really seems fragile as a person. I think he genuinly is a very nice guy, and I love that Courtney is supporting his along with their daughter. It was precious when his daughter got so excited over his comments from the judges. A huge part of me would love to see them work things out as they obviously have huge connections to each other.

JR is amazing. I am sorry, but I thought that dance was fantastic. I hate how anyone other than Derek can get only one ten and has to be shotdown all the time in the scoring. No way that deserved to be scored close to the other dances. The scoring is just ridiculously off. If his deserved nines than Carson and Chaz deserved fives, and Hope deserved sixes.

Thank goodness Nancy has Tristan for me to stare at because she is just meh and I could care less if she is there or not. I pray he is back next season, and gets a partner we can see him really do some dancing. He is very nice to look at, and listen to.

The judges need to somehow fix the scoring starting from week one. I think maybe for weeks 1-5 they are only allowed to score up to a 5. So getting a 5 in week 1 or 2 would mean you were doing a pretty decent job. After week 5 (the halfway point) then allow them to bring out the 6-10 paddles. When you score someone a "7" in week one there really aren't that many numbers left to give someone as the weeks go by, so most of the pretty good dances with no major mistakes are now getting 8's and so the REALLY great dances (according to the judges) are getting 9's. They can't give a 10 unless they consider it flawless (or Derek), and if they have critiqued the dancer in any way, then they are stuck with a 9. Getting a 7 in Week 5 should be a good thing and instead it lands you at the bottom of the leaderboard with disappointed looks after the scores are read. Truly Chaz really did improve this week, but his scores didn't really show that, but you can't give him an 8 and have in the same league as Ricki and Hope (who aren't in the same league either). I think Rob made some major improvements this week too (and they finally dressed him in something better for his body type), but he was no where near JR dancing-wise and they got the same scores. I think there would be a lot less outrage with the scoring if they just kept those bigger numbered paddles under lock and key until later in the season.
    karalott and summerrain43 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    I am not sure why folks are giving Rob a hard time. The kid is progressing and he is being extremely personable. Rob can't help he was born into the Kardashian family cut the kid a break he is showing growth which a lot of these "stars" are not.
    I so agree with you here! He has really grown on me, so much so that I am forgetting he is a Kardashian, thank heaven, until they pan over to his family. Enough of them.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

I actually got to watch this live for once. JR should win this unless he cracks. I do like Derek but I hate the Derek worship by the judges. I can't stand Mark.

They really need to get new singers. My ears bled last night and I kept cringing....no different than any other night. I think I just realized why I don't sleep well on Monday nights...I have nightmares of the singers.

I think the reason they do theme nights is to draw more viewers in. I know of several people who watched last night b/c it was 80's night...they don't watch the show but watched b/c it was 80's night. I personally don't like theme nights.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Ricki- truly a decent dancer if we are grading on te fact they are novices. Granted she was in Hairspray 20+ years ago, but that was a long time ago. I think she would be better liked if she weren't partnered with Derek who seems to be able to do no wrong. I can take him 100x more than Mark, but it would be nice if the judge's judgement wasn't clouded by his 'greatness'. I also don't think they have done anything 10-worthy yet.

JR- I think he is just as good if maybe a hair better than Ricki, especially in the personality department. It seems as if the judges aren't fond of a virtual unknown getting this far in the competition. It goes against all the producer-inspired drama by casting 'celebrities'. Good job to JR for overcoming that with the audience and dancing well and having a great attitude.

Nancy- For someone who is hard-hitting in the newsroom (I've never actually seen her show), she is very tentative on the dancefloor. Her dancing can be catagorized as 'nice'. Technically she isn't making any major mistakes, but it's like taking a lukewarm bath. She shows much more personality and spunk in her rehersal footage than on stage.

Hope- I kind-of get what the judges are saying with Hope. I picked her to be one of the best this season, but she is taking a lukewarm bath with Nancy. Technically she is fine, but her personality and acting skills are not showing up in her dance. There is no pizazz and just the fact she has Maks for a partner should automatically make pizazz. The judges don't seem to like her either, which can be the death knell for sure. Going first last night may be her undoing- I had forgotten about her by the time the show was over.

Rob- I really don't care who his family is and I think he really is trying to overcome that as well. I can see improvement, but he isn't there yet. Last night was his best dance so far, but it was still a bit hesitant and missing something. I feel bad that people want him to leave just because of his famous sisters- I do think he wants to step out of their shadows and stand on his own two feet.

David- He has the acting thing down, but also seems too caught up in getting it right that it loses something. I wish he would just let go a little more and have more fun. I blame the 'greatest band/singers on TV' last night because Tainted Love was sung way too slow. I kept waiting for them to ramp up to the tempo it should have been sung at, but it never made it.

Chaz- He started out well and then had a few (injured) weeks of pretty bad dancing and the past two he seems to be coming back. Truly he should have been gone before now, but since he wasn't I am glad to see he putting in the time and making an effort (and less walking!)

Carson- How can you not love Carson? I feel so bad that he puts in more time than anyone else, but he truly is just not terribly coordinated and not a very good dancer. I suppose I could practice singing morning, noon, and night and I would still be a horrible singer, so it's sort-of like that. But is personality is so great I don't really care at all. He is the comic relief and the joy of the show that this season would be sorely lacking without him. I think if he gets ousted, he should still dance every week just for my entertainment!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    I don't think Derek does the overdancing so bad. Mark's the one who doesn't seem to get the fact that being in a duo/couple/partnership means it's not all about you and your dancing.

My concern is that they tend to bring out the worst in each other. If Mark is there overdancing, Derek may very well start dancing with him/at his level. I suppose it may have been the girl's wish to dance with the two of them, but I'd rather see her with someone where there was no doubt but that she would be presented as the star.

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2 View Post
    I actually got to watch this live for once. JR should win this unless he cracks. I do like Derek but I hate the Derek worship by the judges. I can't stand Mark.
    Marks been gone for some time.I think the judges are pleased to see Derek back as he's a fan favourite, he's one of the best choreographers! did you see when they danced to Psycho? he's brilliant

Go Derek!

FORT Fogey

J.R. was great and got the scores he deserved (although I would have given him 3 9's instead of adding a 10). Karina gave him lots of footwork to show off, but I felt like she could have given him more to do. And please, can we agree that the "judges favor Ricki over J.R." war cry is mostly hype after tonight? They both got scored appropriately.

It would be easier to agree to that if it weren't for the fact that nearly every season, Derek and his partner are given one week where they are actually criticized by the judges, don't make it to the top of the leader board, after settling in there for weeks, and then make a supposedly surprising comeback the next week, with the judges going on and on about how much they've taken last week's criticism to heart and scaled heights they've never scaled before. It's as predictable as Bruno jumping out of his chair, CA having a boy crush, Len being grumpy, or Brooke being vacant. The only surprise to me was that they were willing to go down as far as an eight for them, even if Rikki did lose the rhythm of the dance and Derek worked several breaks in hold in the dance for moves that weren't typical of a foxtrot at all. If anyone else did that, he/she would have been criticized even more severely. That's why David freaked out so much about breaking hold in the tango, which he knew would incur Len's wrath.

FORT Fogey

Derek broke so many "rules" for that Foxtrot that I had a hard time remembering which dance they were supposed to be doing.
    moflan likes this.

+ Reply to Thread