+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: 10/17 Show Discussion DWTS 13 *West Coast Spoilers*

Re: 10/17 Show Discussion DWTS 13 *West Coast Spoilers*

Hmmm, both Ricki and Derek tied with Maks <3 and Hope? I wonder if they are trying to cancel them out?

Like what happens they gave them that score, to out Hope and Maks????

I should vote!!! :3

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    I don't think Derek does the overdancing so bad. Mark's the one who doesn't seem to get the fact that being in a duo/couple/partnership means it's not all about you and your dancing.
    I agree. As much as I can't stand Derek, I think Mark is worse. He always has the need to outshine his partner while it's not about him.... >.>

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

OMG! Why did Ricki steal Nancy's hair and dye it brown?

You can already see producer manipulation going on here with Ricki and Derek going last. That dance was not the best of the night and the show kinda ended on a bum note. Should have been JR or even David. Ricki was a pre season favourite but I just don't see her dances as outstanding as the judges do. She isn't awful, but there is something missing with her and I can't figure out what it is. I also have to wonder if she isn't pulling in the fan vote that they thought she would as that would make sense why they had her dance last.

I loved David's tango and I see him in a totally different light now. He is showing some serious growth, perhaps a little maturity and I think he will be one who personally gains a lot from this experience. It seems that Courtney leaving him will be the best thing that ever happened to him and open new doors or opportunities for him. I think he will possibly get to at least F4 now.

I can't stand anything Kardashian but I don't mind Rob's dancing. He has also improved a lot and for a reality TV "star" he does manage to get into the character of the dance which hasn't been all that easy for others who danced before. He isn't coming off as immature as he did at first and that is one thing I like about the show~~seeing growth and progress over time. Never thought he could pull off sexy and I'm not quite sure he did tonight but it was a decent rumba and didn't look awkward at all.

Nancy's dance looked like she was at a high school dance.

Chaz finally shook some of what his mama gave him and he did look like he was having a good time, but was definitely over scored. He didn't look happy with his scores.

Oh Carson. Although he is always entertaining and says the funniest things that was a hot mess. Still love him though so he will still get some of my votes. They looked like they had a great time and so did I.

JR was the best of the night. Hot damn, that guy can sure move those hips. Oh la la. I love him. *sigh*

Overall I loved this 80's theme night. I did not appreciate the slaughter of that Bon Jovi song but the rest of the songs I just didn't care what they did with it. Some of the music in the 80's was kinda cheesy but it was good cheese. Still think the 80's was the best music-wise and I wanna go back!! LOL
    Blues Songstres likes this.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I love the 80s so I gritted my teeth and prepared for some murder on the music of the decade that I consider my guilty pleasures. They didn't disappoint. And officially, I hate fall seasons of this show. There the worst. The least interesting, entertaining, suspenseful...you name it. The dancing this season isn't even balanced. There's J.R., then Hope, Ricki, and David far behind, then even further behind is Rob and Nancy, and finally bringing up the rear is Chaz and Carson. I wonder if Brooke will ask the standard question to Chaz "this is the second week in a row you weren't at the bottom" and ask Carson "this is the second week you were at the bottom of the leaderboard, do you hope the fans pulled you through again?" See, they really don't need Brooke, we can do her job for her in the comfort of our own living rooms. Was it me, or did she looked a little peeved at that 80s pic shown of her? Maybe it was her attempt at acting, as I would assume she would okay it. That, or maybe she's hearing of the call for Carson to replace her. If he can't replace Brooke, can he replace CA?

This season can't be over fast enough for me, not just because it's a foregone conclusion who will likely win, or at least be the final 2, but the couples and celebs as a whole are dull. Carson's the only one I consider entertaining, and frankly don't care that he's one of the two worst dancers left, because he obviously doesn't care. I feel like the judges only have room for one bad dancer to prop up and overscore/praise, and in their eyes it's Chaz, except the audience is more into Carson. I do get annoyed when the horrible hoofers say the fans will keep them in, but in Carson's case, he's my only saving grace (along with my Ukrainian eye candy ) Chaz didn't completely bomb the samba as I expected, but it wasn't worth a 21. But I guess they want him in for another Cher appearance and for whatever controversy/ratings boost they think is coming. Maybe the outrage of better dancers leaving and what the media may call the next Hurrican Bristol plowing through the competition?

Nancy was better at the rumba than I expected, but I still find her dull. However, she was better than Rob who, as I figuered, did a lot of standing while Cheryl did the dancing. I wonder what type of kick backs they're getting from the Kardashians. CA needs to reel it in. Or get another job. Or something. Just away from this show. Rob is nowhere near
    J.R.'s level of dancing, and never will be, and I wish the audience could have just booed that remark. Are they trying to make Cheryl happy or Mama Kris? Did Rob and company throw a fit when he was getting deserved criticism and low scores? Is this season so much of a loss that the producers are trying desperately to find the improvement arcs, the Kelly Osbournes of the case, and maybe Rob didn't deliver in the way they expected (possibly Nancy as well) in regards to their known personas?

I feel like this is it for Hope. I really hate how celebs like her and J.R. actually get the constructive criticism, but others get a free pass for doing nothing. And I wish the judges would come up with better comments than 'you need to be more feminine/masculine' or a bunch of jibberish about their arms, feet, fluidity (Jimmy Kimmel's favorite thing to poke fun at), or musicality. I'll greatly miss Maks. Hope seems very nice and I'm glad I got to know her. Hopefully Maks is back next season, although I worry he'll take it off (at least if I have Val with a long lasting partner that'll ease some of the pain). J.R. definitely deserved the top spot, and CA is absolutely crazy to score him and Rob the exact same. They need to find a way to revamp the scoring. They aren't anywhere in the same league. Not surprised Ricki got the pimp spot, but I am surprised she only got 8s. She'll probably be back to 9s and 10s next week, and I'm thinking the pimp spot (or near it) with a perfect 30. I feel like the theme weeks are giving the horrible hoofers a free pass, especially when the traditionalists don't go the route of gimmicks and props. Dance wise, I think Hope is improving slightly, and she brought more aggression and attack than I expected. But she might be at the point where she figures what else can she do to win the judges over. I was pretty surprised with David. Ballroom seems to be a better fit for him than latin. I don't know if I would have given him a 9, but he's proving himself to also be improved and a possible contender. Since he might carry the fans and entertainment factor once Carson is gone, there's a possibility he could slip into the final 3 (which I'd prefer if it can't be Hope or Carson).

I enjoyed Nancy.I love Carson but enough of that. Rob( meh) Chaz( meh) JR and Ricki are the best( still)

Hope and Maks have zero chemistry, and just looked awful! ugh
    Shoepie and norealityhere like this.

I was watching the show with one eye while working, so I'm watching it again. Impressions:

Hope just doesn't get it. She's obviously just trying to get through each dance, she knows nothing about character or telling a story. I'm sorry but Maks got a dud this year. I wouldn't even mind if she went before Carson because at least he tries to be entertaining while he misses steps completely. With her it's just painful to watch because she's a fish out of water. (And I love Maks, but not enough to keep her in any longer.)

Carson, bless him, can't dance, but he can put on a show! But his time is coming too. And he's pushing it a little trying to minimize the judges' comments and blatantly campaign to the audience to overrule them. It's fun for a while, but would we want other celebrities who aren't as cute trying this every season? The show would fall apart. (Although the judges' behavior is getting so loopy and chaotic, they're causing more chaos than any dancer.)

Nancy is about 10% more tolerable to me than Kate Gosselin, but Nancy can actually dance a little so she can't be completely written off. I love how Tristan called her out for interrupting and talking over him like he was on her show or something. But she was the first dancer tonight who was in the moment, and actually seemed to be enjoying herself. CA (as usual) was talking out her butt and Len had it right. I think Nancy is more like Niecy Nash than La Gosselin on the floor. But Niecy was better and more fun.

(BTW, who else just melted when Tristan said, "It's me job!")

J.R. was great and got the scores he deserved (although I would have given him 3 9's instead of adding a 10). Karina gave him lots of footwork to show off, but I felt like she could have given him more to do. And please, can we agree that the "judges favor Ricki over J.R." war cry is mostly hype after tonight? They both got scored appropriately.

I just had a thought -- maybe the problem with this season is that all the dancers like each other too much. They're afraid to act competitive, they're all too nice. Everybody is trying for personal bests, not to be the best. We need to get rid of Carson, Chaz, and Hope, and then let the choreographers and judges start getting tough on these people. I don't like this school-assembly atmosphere where the audience won't let the judges finish a thought. You could hear the frustration in Tom's voice tonight, as if the show is slipping away from him. He needs to take control of the oddball moments again. I want to see a real "10" dance this season, I haven't seen one yet. Anyway...

Rob surprised me tonight, he may be getting it after all. He has to potential to be even better, but I don't know about finalist-level. Carrie-Ann's 9 was a bit much, though. Any other season, that would have been an 8. I loved Chaz's rehearsal clip: Lacey's dad was a hoot. Chaz was able to have more fun and get more hip action into things this week, but it seems like there's a finite number of steps that Lacey is teaching him. I think he's accomplished what he needed to accomplish on the show, and maybe it's time.

David's Len impression about 'breaking hold' had me on the floor! And his & Kym''s tango kicked ass. But CA & Len's squabbling during the comments was an embarrassment. As for Ricki, seeing John Waters show up was a total surprise for me (but a good one). That dress was a crime, she needed to rip off that bottom layer of ruffle from the skirt. The dance wasn't as epic as Derek's other mixed-era pieces, and she did mess up a step. What was good was pretty good, though, so I agree with the triple-8 scores.

I'm getting antsy for the bad dancers to go and for the good ones to start really outdoing themselves. I want to see a real competition soon, but I guess it will take a few more weeks to get to that point.
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 10-18-2011 at 03:17 AM.
    norealityhere and Fanny Mare like this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

I am not sure why folks are giving Rob a hard time. The kid is progressing and he is being extremely personable. Rob can't help he was born into the Kardashian family cut the kid a break he is showing growth which a lot of these "stars" are not.
    Shoepie, Rattus and JavaJo like this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    I was watching the show with one eye while working, so I'm watching it again. Impressions:

Hope just doesn't get it. She's obviously just trying to get through each dance, she knows nothing about character or telling a story. I'm sorry but Maks got a dud this year. I wouldn't even mind if she went before Carson because at least he tries to be entertaining while he misses steps completely. With her it's just painful to watch because she's a fish out of water. (And I love Maks, but not enough to keep her in any longer.)
    I tend to think it's why some athletes excel so well at this and others don't. As I mentioned before, I think Hope is a very sweet girl, and I'm glad she decided to give this a try. But to be the absolute best in the world at what you do, and be very much a tomboy, and have girls idolize you and want to be like you...and then make a leap out of your comfort zone (and she did say she couldn't dance) and be told your not good enough, your not improving, and the judges keep pointing out the tiniest flaws that built you up outside the ballroom...yeah, it's probably an ego bruiser. I feel like Hope fits into the category of Misty Treanor (but a better dancer) and Natalie Coughlin. All the girls were sweet, and Natalie was a surprise early exit. But I feel like all 3 of them were a little insecure about putting it all out there, and having fun, and worrying more about the whole competition aspect. It's why I don't mind Carson. He's a horrible dancer, but he knows it and wears it proudly, and is just having fun. I think he's trying and he and Anna make a wonderful team. But if the judges are going to criticize him on what he already knows, I don't blame him for saying screw it. Back to Hope, I feel like Maks is checked out this season. Spring seasons seem to be kinder to him, and put him in a better mood, than the fall ones do. I hope he's back next season with a contender.

(BTW, who else just melted when Tristan said, "It's me job!")
    I melt every time he speaks I sincerely hope the producers bring him back next season. It's been a long time since a newbie that didn't have a built in fanbase (like our SYTYCD crossovers) caught on with so many viewers. Considering Val and Peta have been used so much for pro numbers, I wonder if they'll be getting another chance next season.

J.R. was great and got the scores he deserved (although I would have given him 3 9's instead of adding a 10). Karina gave him lots of footwork to show off, but I felt like she could have given him more to do. And please, can we agree that the "judges favor Ricki over J.R." war cry is mostly hype after tonight? They both got scored appropriately.
    I think we can all agree the judges and producers are talking out of their butts all the time, completely contradict themselves, and are insanely inconsistant. This season is worse than it's ever been.

I just had a thought -- maybe the problem with this season is that all the dancers like each other too much. They're afraid to act competitive, they're all too nice. Everybody is trying for personal bests, not to be the best. We need to get rid of Carson, Chaz, and Hope, and then let the choreographers and judges start getting tough on these people. I don't like this school-assembly atmosphere where the audience won't let the judges finish a thought. You could hear the frustration in Tom's voice tonight, as if the show is slipping away from him. He needs to take control of the oddball moments again. I want to see a real "10" dance this season, I haven't seen one yet. Anyway...
    Something's lacking with this season greatly, and that might be it. Most seasons had close casts, but there was something lurking there that made them memorable and must see TV. I don't know what it is about this season, except it feels very, very bland. We've seen it and heard it all before. There's bad dancers (more than last season), there's controversy that isn't making headlines, the rehearsal packages, stories, edits, and arcs are all the same, and it's insanely predictable who the final 2, or at least who 2 of the finalists are at this point. As for Rob, I just can't like a Kardashian. And I have to wonder if this nice guy who's giving a crap isn't just an edit on behalf of the producers for his benefit. I won't miss him if he's gone, and I don't care for Cheryl. Rob or Nancy are my picks to leave, though once again I'm betting on Hope or Carson. Chaz did seem to have more fun tonight than he has all season, but he's still painful to watch. I don't know if saying that's the most he's dance or his best dance is saying much, and I continue to think he's overscored. But what else is new or surprising. I'm hoping season 14 revamps itself in better ways than adding twists that no one will like or another new stage upgrade (and honestly, I think the camera work is worse this season based on the new set up).

And the judges really need to stop their bickering and in fighting if they don't agree with each other. I'm sure their encouraged to do so by the producers, but it gets old and it's awkward. But I do love when CA gets a smackdown.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    I just feel for J.R., because they keep telling him how great he is, but they reserve the ten paddles for one couple and one couple only. I just don't see D/R being that much better than J.R./K, and it must be terribly frustrating for them not to know what they could do to get past that (if it's possible at all, as opposed to being a foregone conclusion that they simply can't, no matter how well they dance).
    Maybe J.R. is getting so many votes that they are downplaying him to make it seem like it's not such a romp.
    My hero - My Dad 3/25/34 - 4/1/09

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    JR was the best of the night. Hot damn, that guy can sure move those hips. Oh la la. I love him. *sigh*
    If I were only 30 years younger and single...
    My hero - My Dad 3/25/34 - 4/1/09

+ Reply to Thread