+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: 10/11 DWTS 13 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 10/11 DWTS 13 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    I blame the judges more. They shouldn't have been giving 7s and 8s to Nancy, Rob, and Chaz. True, 7s were generous to Chynna, but I think it's TPTB fault for wanting to keep people like those 3 around over better dancers. So let the ratings suffer. They'll probably continue to take out better dancers.
    Good point. The scoring has been ridiculous this year. and its why the general level of dancing doesn't seem to get better week to week.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Wait now I am watching it in my time zone.
    Did Brooke really say "Enchanted Melody" just now? Snerk!

FORT Fogey

I'm bummed but not surprised. The music selection was horrible and the dance the same. I feel soooo bad for them!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    Good point. The scoring has been ridiculous this year. and its why the general level of dancing doesn't seem to get better week to week.
    I wish there was a way to revamp the scoring. I don't know how, but I'd like CA and Bruno to have their 8, 9, and 10 paddles taken away until the halfway point of the competition. The only reason I can see Ricki getting a 10 (besides Derek's choreography), is that she's better than the 7s and 8s given to Chynna and Rob (same with J.R.). I know it's probably more producer driven what scores, but ratings are down, how can they think keeping Nancy, Chaz, and Rob is helping? Just so Tom can hype half a million times next week over how two better dancers left, so you better vote for your favorites? Don't get me wrong, anyone voting for those 3 for kicks should know when enough is enough (so I do agree with you on that). Chaz and Nancy made their point, and Rob thinks he made his, but I don't think he's proved himself beyond being a moocher who's famous for his last name. It's time for them to go.
    BTW and combatcutie like this.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Well that sucks that Chynna went home, I had her in my final 4. The rest of the season is all up in the air as to who will be going home. The final 2 is a lock but who will make the final 3? Final 4? It's anyone's guess and will make for an exciting next few weeks, that's for sure.

Are the ratings down a large percentage or just slightly?

I loved Blake singing Footloose but who did the remake of Holding Out For a Hero? That was gawd-awful!! I hate, hate, hate that they are remaking the movie.

Susan Boyle sounded nice enough but nothing to write home about.

Oh I did think that Brooke's dress was very cute. Always try to find the positive. Heh.

Quote Originally Posted by anemone View Post
    Wait now I am watching it in my time zone.
    Did Brooke really say "Enchanted Melody" just now? Snerk!
    Yes. Yes, she did. She really does her homework, that one. I like how Tom so smoothly got the correct name of the song in after the performance. He is a real professional.
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

mmmm.....all the pretty girls went home.

(Hope is mainly an athlete not a model type)

Does this mean it will between Chaz Bono and Nancy Grace as the final two. Now that I will watch.
    Allie likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain View Post
    Yes. Yes, she did. She really does her homework, that one. I like how Tom so smoothly got the correct name of the song in after the performance. He is a real professional.
    I also heard her say that next week is 80s night, and for everyone to "tease their hands". Brooke, do everyone a favor. Just stand there and smile.

Well that sucks that Chynna went home, I had her in my final 4. The rest of the season is all up in the air as to who will be going home. The final 2 is a lock but who will make the final 3? Final 4? It's anyone's guess and will make for an exciting next few weeks, that's for sure.

Are the ratings down a large percentage or just slightly?

I loved Blake singing Footloose but who did the remake of Holding Out For a Hero? That was gawd-awful!! I hate, hate, hate that they are remaking the movie.

Susan Boyle sounded nice enough but nothing to write home about.

Oh I did think that Brooke's dress was very cute. Always try to find the positive. Heh.
    That 'Holding Out for a Hero' was awful. Our singers do a better job. Can't say I was crazy about the country version of 'Footloose'. Couldn't imagine Kevin Bacon doing the classic prom scene to that. Or the beginning with all the feet cutting loose. Not expecting a lot from the remake. My niece wants to see it, so I already promised, but after tonight (and seeing a preview), wished I hadn't. I noticed they didn't do an encore tonight, considering all the hype about scores. I'm glad J.R. called CA out on not knowing her Pink Panther stuff.

RE: the ratings. This time last year (season 11) they were above 20 million viewers; that was probably thanks largely to Bristol Palin, which I'm sure TPTB were hoping would happen again casting Chaz, Nancy, and Rob. Last season I believe they were consistantly above 20 million, or 18-19 million (probably depended on the week). They didn't take a plunge, but I've seen them average between 15-17 million so far. Of course there's a lot of 'the sky is falling!' talk in the press about the decline in ratings and whether these shows are on their way out. I think it's the cast.

I figured we'd get a surprise ouster and it'd be Hope. I thought for sure that Chynna would get enough sympathy votes to make it. Of course my hopes got up slightly that Rob just might be the one to go. No such luck. I was hoping to wipe that smirk off his face and Cheryl's attitude. She looked bored to be standing there. I don't know if it's her fanbase or the Kardashian fans. Ryan Seacrest produces that show, maybe he's leading the charge.
    Allie likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    Who the heck is voting for Nancy - the same people who voted for Khate?? She should be in the bottom instead of Hope!
    Court TV junkies and all of CNN. Employees probably got a memo; it is good for publicity.

I didn't predict Chyna going but in hindsight, of course. I think she may have been in the bottom two or hoving there each week. Fan base being the reason; she was a pretty good dancer. Having nothing to do with anything, her looks are brittle.

The way this is going it looks like Hope is the next likely boot.

Since this is a reality entertainment show I am not attached to the outcome. I allow myself to be entertained. I am not one to gush over male celebs; I am old enough to be their mother, in most cases. But, damn, Mak is fine.
    Last edited by Shoepie; 10-12-2011 at 05:38 AM.

FORT Fogey

Again I think the soap viewers are making some of the ratings impact. There are a ton of people livid over AMC and OLTL being cancelled and the way the fans and casts of those shows were treated.

I have had it with certain pros and their fanbases keeping celebrities in. It is time to do a new format. I think they should do a SYTYCD type thing and pull a pro out of a hat and a type of dance out of a hat each week. That way there is no pro carrying a celebrity all the way through. I could care less about seeing a pair together each week, and it would give each pro a chance with the ringers and the clunkers. I also would like to see the pro leave the stage as soon as done dancing so the star is the one facing the judges and getting the scores. I am tired of Derek and his choreography getting tens.

On a side note, Julianne danced horribly with her brother so even she is not immune to his overdancing around their partners.

+ Reply to Thread