+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920 LastLast
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: 10/10 Show Discussion DWTS 13 *West Coast Spoilers*

Re: 10/10 Show Discussion DWTS 13 *West Coast Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    The exit order doesn't matter; Ricki and JR are clearly the final two.
    In the end, this is what matters. I actually feel bad for some of the other contestants but THIS IS how things will shape up and I'm honestly not sure who will win the elusive mirror ball. I know that JR is a far superior dancer and the fans adore him but Ricki has a dance background (lets all stop pretending she didn't come to this competition with some knowledge of steps/counting/musicality/etc...she starred in a dance movie for goodness sakes!) and she has the BEST choreographer in the competition (and arguably, one of the best choreographers Ive ever seen on any show). We know the judges will gush over Derek, ignore any mistakes Ricki makes, overscore them (and underscore the superior dancer JR) and try their best to crown Derek over Karina. Assuming the results are actually real (which I highly doubt--weve never been given any indication that this isn't all producer driven) then Derek/Ricki will go into viewer votes with a lead from the judges...and its not like Derek isn't bringing a huge bandwagon of support and Ricki is likeable. Of course, I think the results are phoney and completely based on what the tptb deem will get them more viewers (and thus, more ad money) from week to week so they can crown whomever they want--and they may want a newly thin Ricki Lake and Derek as the face of DWTS (they know JR will be a gracious runner-up).

I also want to comment on Derek in general--will DWTS ever give him someone like Nancy Grace or Cloris? I'd really like to see him work with someone without natural talent, prior experience, athleticism, or flat-out extreme dance training (Nicole and Jennifer). I think he is EXTREMELY talented and I'd like to see how he could develop a non-dancer and work that into choreography. I know ABC doesn't want to "waste" their golden boy on a clunker but I think it would go a long way towards improving the show's credibility and likeability.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Actually, I was sort of hoping Carrie Ann would go tomorrow. Think there's any chance of that?
    Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Wow - if they had a phone number for people to call in for Carrie Ann and/or Brooke to go home, I think there would be a national jamming of the wires.
    Why can't we do this--everyone is so sick of these talentless morons that waste our time TWO nights a week. Surely there must be a way to get a national petition going to get rid of CA (Id go after dimwit Brooke, too, but I think it would be easier to oust CA), contact network officials, etc... I don't think they understand that the American people aren't STUPID and we know she is not a REAL judge. Please Please Please is there anything we could do...imagine how much better DWTS would be if they had a real judge that actually helped the contestants instead of talking about lifts every 14 seconds?
    karalott and AZChristian like this.

FORT Fogey

Lets guess who is going home tonight. Two guesses allowed.

Chaz or David.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton View Post
    Again we are and the judges are supposed to be judging Ricki's dancing. Derek is not supposed to be the one earning the scores. Yes Derek is talented as a choreographer, but Ricki was IMHO not a better dancer than JR.
    It's got to be tiring for the other pros to basically see the same thing being played out now that Derek is back. Does CA think it makes her one of the cool kids to side with Derek and totally prop his ego up? This is the third week in a row where I felt Ricki was overscored. Or at the very least, where J.R. should have tied her. I totally agree that those 10s were for Derek, not her. Her dancing isn't 10 worthy. Just like I think CA will knock points off if she doesn't like a pro or their choreography. Obviously Len is the only one who will call the pro out and tell them where they went wrong in the dance, and in turn hurt their celeb. CA was probably dying to get that 10 paddle out for Derek. Someone even tweeted her that she only gave them a 10 for Derek. If they took 3 random studio audience members, I bet we'd get the same type of comments and scores from them, so the judging is pointless. I love how Len referred to her as 'this' and called her out for J.R.'s critique. Maybe she didn't realize that they were spoofing the movie, but didn't it dawn on her that maybe Karina has more than the one brain cell she has, and knew what she was doing? At least Len justified giving J.R. an 8 last week by saying he had room to improve and wanted him to challenge himself even more. I agree with the poster above regarding Ricki-it's likely she'll probably get at worst 8s, and likely 9s and 10s for the rest of the competition. If someone else peaked this soon that wasn't with Derek they'd get thrown through the ringer. I'm sure she'll have at least one week where the judges knock her down a peg and give the top spot to someone else. Happened with Nicole, Jennifer, and Brooke anyway. If E! wants to give CA her own show, and that's why she's all over Rob, maybe she can take Derek and Mark with her.

If Derek is back next season, and gets another ringer, or a non Kate/Nancy type, what's the point of watching? It'll be the same thing all over again.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama View Post
    Tilden, I agree 1000% with what you said with the exception of your comments about David. I really enjoyed his performance and felt he nailed the character. He obviously needs to refine his dance movements but I feels he's come a long way from the first couple of weeks. (And Indiana Jones is a character that I really love.)
    I actually don't think we're that far apart in our opinions. I wasn't talking about the character of Indiana Jones. I was talking about the character of the paso, which involves sharper, more angular movements than I think he managed, especially with his arms, where sometimes he appeared to be throwing the movement away as opposed to making an emphatic movement. Really, we're talking about the same thing--he needs to refine the movement of the dance.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Finally got to watch last night's show (damn you Detroit station & football!)

Anyhoo. I thought Chynna looked the part last night, the dance had so much potential so it's unfortunate that she got lost and screwed up. I hope she isn't the one going tonight as there are a couple others who should instead. I still think she has potential to go far, but she probably is not a contender for the F2. That's pretty much been determined already.

Carson was hilarious once again last night. While not technically good, he was still very entertaining. He got most of my votes.

David Arquette did much better than last week, and that was pretty good for him. I'd love to see him be stronger/aggressive in his body movements, so I hope this is the dance they do when they come back for the finale.

Rob didn't do as well as last week, and that has to be one of Cheryl's weakest/boring pasos. He's not a bad dancer but if he goes home that's OK with me.

I don't want to have to say something nice about Nancy but one thing she is good at is her focus on her partner. She did get called out for that because she doesn't connect with the audience, but that's not the reason she doesn't connect. I'll leave it at that. Tristan is quite yummilicious though.

Chaz has outworn his welcome. He looks to be in such pain and really has no rhythm whatsoever. Put this poor chap out of his misery, he is not as enthusiastic as he was the first two weeks.

Ricki wasn't as great as the judges thought, that didn't deserve a 29. Hope? Lackluster. Their costumes sucked too. I don't think she has the fan base to last long on this show, so I wouldn't be surprised if she goes home tonight.

JR once again, was robbed. Now the lift police can dock a point because she "thought" she saw a lift? GMAFB. I still think he will win, and the scoring will possibly create another backlash, causing more fans to vote and possibly riling up those who don't usually vote.

I'm really looking forward to seeing Blake Shelton tonight. Love Blake, love Footloose and am totally against the remake~~but I heard parts of Footloose yesterday and it was awesome! Still won't pay to see the movie though, until it airs on cable TV. It will be nice to see Julianne dance too.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    Finally got to watch last night's show (damn you Detroit station & football!)

Anyhoo. I thought Chynna looked the part last night, the dance had so much potential so it's unfortunate that she got lost and screwed up. I hope she isn't the one going tonight as there are a couple others who should instead. I still think she has potential to go far, but she probably is not a contender for the F2. That's pretty much been determined already.

Carson was hilarious once again last night. While not technically good, he was still very entertaining. He got most of my votes.

David Arquette did much better than last week, and that was pretty good for him. I'd love to see him be stronger/aggressive in his body movements, so I hope this is the dance they do when they come back for the finale.

Rob didn't do as well as last week, and that has to be one of Cheryl's weakest/boring pasos. He's not a bad dancer but if he goes home that's OK with me.

I don't want to have to say something nice about Nancy but one thing she is good at is her focus on her partner. She did get called out for that because she doesn't connect with the audience, but that's not the reason she doesn't connect. I'll leave it at that. Tristan is quite yummilicious though.

Chaz has outworn his welcome. He looks to be in such pain and really has no rhythm whatsoever. Put this poor chap out of his misery, he is not as enthusiastic as he was the first two weeks.

Ricki wasn't as great as the judges thought, that didn't deserve a 29. Hope? Lackluster. Their costumes sucked too. I don't think she has the fan base to last long on this show, so I wouldn't be surprised if she goes home tonight.

JR once again, was robbed. Now the lift police can dock a point because she "thought" she saw a lift? GMAFB. I still think he will win, and the scoring will possibly create another backlash, causing more fans to vote and possibly riling up those who don't usually vote.

I'm really looking forward to seeing Blake Shelton tonight. Love Blake, love Footloose and am totally against the remake~~but I heard parts of Footloose yesterday and it was awesome! Still won't pay to see the movie though, until it airs on cable TV. It will be nice to see Julianne dance too.
    I love Blake Shelton, but am not looking forward to the Hough overload tonight. CA proved once and for all she's useless. She only takes off for lifts when she doesn't want to give the couple the points they deserve. You can tell Len and Bruno tire of it. I never agreed with her taking points off for a foot accidentally coming off the floor. And while it won't make the pro or celeb who ever tells her off popular and forever blackmark them in her book, I wish someone would let her have it. And maybe when Brooke asks what happened to a couple when they had a bad moment, they'll respond 'weren't you watching?' The lack of suspense, playing favorites, overscoring bad dancers and boosting their egos while nitpicking good dancers and then crying foul when they're sent home has taken the fun out of this show. It's like season 11 all over again. J.R. and Ricki are no doubt the final two, and in a "shock", Ricki will probably beat the sentimental favorite in J.R. I can see her eyes bugging out, her jaw dropping wide, and jumping around like Mark Ballas does before he hits the stage for his big solo number while his partner waits in the wings. If we have a final 5 of J.R., Ricki, Chaz, Nancy, and Rob, the show may want to ask itself if losing ratings is worth it. Cher didn't give any big ratings boost, and hyping Julianne's return won't, either. The sad thing is, I can almost see that final 5 being realistic. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Carson is one of the next to go. Chynna may bump someone out, and possibly David.

I agree with your thoughts, except regarding Hope. I thought it was cute Maks tied in the costumes to the song and movie. I completely agree about Chaz. He did better than last week, but he's missing that spark that was there week 1. Unlike season 11's controversial casting Bristol, I don't think Chaz has a holier than thou attitude of himself, doesn't believe he deserves better scores, and probably feels bad if better dancers leave before him. Obviously it's not his fault. I won't be at all surprised for Chaz, Nancy, and the little Kardashian creep to survive to next week. I didn't even think Cheryl was trying with Rob's paso last night. Edyta did a much better job when Cameron danced to that song, but Rob walked through it and in no way captured the character. I miss Edyta
    Last edited by karalott; 10-11-2011 at 07:48 PM.

I loved the choreography that Derek came up with. It was fun and original but 10's? I'd go with straight 9's, but not 10's. Not this early. I thought JR danced much better than Ricki. And pink is my favorite color so I loved that he was dressed from head to toe in it.....and it didn't hurt his masculinity one damn bit.

Carson...omg.....He is by no means the "best" dancer, but I smile so hard when he dances that my cheeks hurt. I loved his dance and their costumes. Plus...Anna is enjoying the heck out of herself this season and usually she looks so sad, serious or pissed off...it's awesome to see her laughing, joking around and having a great time. She deserves it after the stars she's had to endure. After this season, they really need to find a way to incorporate him into the show from time to time for commentary because he's a hoot.

Ricki.....I've always liked her but now? Eh. She seems so serious and dull.

I would love to see JR and Carson in the final 2, with JR taking the mirror ball. How fun of a finale would that be?
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    I completely agree about Chaz. He did better than last week, but he's missing that spark that was there week 1. Unlike season 11's controversial casting Bristol, I don't think Chaz has a holier than thou attitude of himself, doesn't believe he deserves better scores, and probably feels bad if better dancers leave before him. Obviously it's not his fault.
    I think Chaz is following the same pattern as Bristol. At first she was very shy and surprised by the fan votes, then started believing it was earned due to her dancing. I heard Chaz or his partner say something this week, don't recall exact quote, that made it sound like they were starting to think their improved dancing was the reason fans are voting for them. I think Chaz looked a little guilty when Kristin got the boot, but now seems comfortable with the situation. This is same path Bristol took. Cher visits mirror Sarah visits. Only good news is that Mark isn't Chaz's partner, or it could become just as bad.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    Carson...omg..... After this season, they really need to find a way to incorporate him into the show from time to time for commentary because he's a hoot.
    THIS IS A GREAT IDEA! Please replace Brooke with Carson--he isn't an idiot and I bet fans would love it! I know the producers will never do it because the hosting would be 'male-heavy' with two comics but its such a lovely thought....

+ Reply to Thread