+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920 LastLast
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: 10/10 Show Discussion DWTS 13 *West Coast Spoilers*

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: 10/10 Show Discussion DWTS 13 *West Coast Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton View Post
    JR was robbed again he was better than Riki. I think the judges just sit and stare at Derek and grade him on his choreography instead of Rick's dancing. I am sorry but I got teary eyed over Cher for Chaz. I know it was a ploy to get viewers, but there is something about the unconditional love a parent can show their child. I also love that Rob is displaying a better work ethic. He already seems more hard working than any of his useless sisters. Sorry Hope still bores the heck out of me. Lastly, Tristan is hot!
    Finally got a chance to watch, sans judges comments (with the exception of a few couples). Ricki-I will give Derek credit where it's due. The tango was entertaining. But dance wise, J.R.'s actually dancing was better, or at the very least, equal to hers. CA, you're an idiot. I think it pains her to compliment those that aren't her chosen ones, and pains her to criticize her golden ones. I wish Derek could have got Nancy Grace. I'd like to see the judges justify giving her 10s!

J.R.: CA, you're an idiot. Yes, it bears repeating. They were poking fun at the whole comedy aspect in the opening of the Pink Panther. Not only that, J.R. is a better dancer. Not an equal one to Rob, or even Hope. I'm glad Len is finally calling her out for the bias little fangirl who doesn't know what's she's doing. J.R.'s my only hope at beating Derek, but I'm sure there will be a kink thrown in there to prevent that from happening. At least I'll enjoy him and realize he walked away more of a winner than a tacky trophy can make him.

Rob: Am I the only one who finds him overrated? Is it the allure of having Kardashians in the audience, Cheryl, or trying to pretend he's really a better dancer than he is and hoping the audience is too stupid to realize it? Trying to capture the younger demo by having the least known Kardashian who isn't known for anything on here? I really hope Rob is gone tomorrow, because his dance was a step back from the last two weeks. Not deserving of 8s, but I'm betting his sister's fanbases will save him.

Nancy: I'd hate to lose Tristan, but I hope if it's not Rob, it's Nancy. I admired her at first for the whole stepping out of her comfort zone, showing a softer side to herself, and really trying and throwing herself into this. I would have expected a bigger disaster. But she's forgettable. I remember Tristan more than her. However, if she has a sizeable fanbase, she's probably around a few more weeks.

Chaz: He did better this week. Better than I expected. I still don't see the big deal of having his mom there or cutting to random celebs in the audience. He was overscored yet again, but who really cares about scoring anymore. This season has shown why it's completely pointless. He'll be safe, even though he should go home.

Carson: I'll be royally if he gets the boot tomorrow, and I don't even want to hear the judges try and say how sad they are at him leaving. No, he didn't deserve 8s, 9s, or 10s, but he's far more entertaining than the entire cast combined. And he's also giving it his all. He could just come and pull a Cloris Leachman and totally make fun of the routines, but he doesn't. He adds just the right amount of comedy to make it fun and memorable while still trying to learn and get the steps. And Anna hasn't looked this happy in ages!

Hope: I think Len has a lot of nerve calling out her rehearsal time, since other celebs in the past had other commitments (and some were just plain lazy) and didn't give the time to rehearse or couldn't. I think Hope's doing an amazing job given the fact she does have other commitments. She and Maks had an amazing, fun routine tonight. However, I worry she might have got lost in the shuffle

Chynna: Bless her heart, and I usually say that about Chaz. I really hope she gets to live another week to redeem herself. She had such a promising start, and while I think her dances have been overscored (including this week-who gets 7s for forgetting half the routine), I'd hate to see her and Tony go out like this. I wouldn't be surprised if she gets the fan support for that very reason.

David: Truthfully, nothing really stood out to me. We'll see if his near escape from elimination two weeks ago continues to help his fan support in staying on. I didn't really find his paso very memorable.

Absolutely loved seeing Louis! And Val is always a welcome treat. Also, I'm really glad Mark wasn't here this week, after he upstaged Chelsea during their Harry Potter routine. And that was just for classical week, I can't imagine how wild he would have gone if he had a whole movie to base his skit around. So will we have another "surprising" elimination? I'm thinking possibly Hope, Chynna, Nancy, or Rob.
    Last edited by karalott; 10-11-2011 at 12:04 AM.

JR and Karina continue to amaze I love watching them dance!! LOL to poster saying its time for Carrie Ann to go well said!

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    That was GREAT!

JR and Karina saved this show for me.

Carrie Ann is crazy.

Len . . . yes, he was right, that WAS the best male dance of the night.

Bruno . . . on point.
    So much WORD!!! JR should have gotten a 29!!

Soo glad that Len called out Carrie Ann!

I don't why I should care anymore, no matter what, I know that Derek will be on the top and in the finales... I guess it's just frustrating to see how OBVIOUS the judges (CA especially) fap and hype over Derek.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Tom had one of my favorite lines of the night. After CA told Chynna that it's not a serious competition, Tom said 'yeah, do you see the prize you get at the end' I wonder if CA said that to ward off any attacks on her twitter. BTW, Brooke did her fine reporting again-asking Chynna what happened out there and what she felt (she forgot her steps and feels like crap, Brooke).

I don't know if I would have given any dance 10s tonight. They were all overscored, except J.R., who should have had at least 3 9s. And I'm biased, but I'm happy with Hope's score

Jimmy Kimmel just did a spoof (that the audience didn't get), saying that David Arquette danced the paso to a Hollywood classic; he showed a dancer dragging a doll dressed up like Bernie Lomax from Weekend at Bernie's. I just realized, some of these stars really do dance as good as Bernie.
    Last edited by karalott; 10-11-2011 at 12:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    Ahhh...Derek Hough and the tango. It's like peas & carrot, baseball & hot dogs...

I feel like I just watched the first real dance of the season just now. Until now I've been feeling like this was a total second-tier season.
    I just finished watching and am in thrall with how Derek handled all the count changes. I loved the staging with the shadow screen - so dramatic. My favorite and scores are well deserved.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I have to say the comments in here tonight have me lmao,lol
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

I am really enjoying reading everyone's comments on this thread. With full time work and classes at night I deleted this from DVR this season. No celebrities that really hold my interest this season, but I have enjoyed watching Carson's performances online. Add me to the list of people who would love to voted off Brooke and Carrie Ann. I would even throw Bruno in there for good measure.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

FORT Fogey

Geesh. Every season there is a dud of an episode. Tonight's show was it for this season (and hopefully the only one going forward). It was all off for me somehow. I think it had to do with the music. Most of the movie theme music used didn't seem to lend itself to ballroom dancing. It was all very choppy and forced.

Bleh. Let's hope for better next week.

My hear belongs with David only because he does seem to be trying hard both at this and life in general. I hope he doesn't get the boot this week.

FORT Fogey

Comments having nothing to do with dance skill:

In Carrie Ann's defense, she soothed Chyna by telling her this was not a serous dance competition and to let it go and have fun. Tom chimed in dissing the mirror ball.

Karina is adorable with bangs and a long braid. She is so beautiful! You can see where her own hair ends and the extentions begin when it is down. I would really like to see celebs without them, for a change. I am so tired of the same damn hair do. I miss Cheryl's short hair; she stood out. She doesn't look as cute this year with long, darker hair.

I like they chose Clark Kent vs Superman, but what was up with Cheryl's costume? Who was she supposed to be? I would have loved to see her in business attire like Lois Lane would have worn.

On the dancing, I think Ricki did a better job than JR and I agree with the scoring for them.

Nancy has a huge following; the HLN shows are urging viewers to vote for her so I think she is safe this week.

Hope has no fan base as evidenced last week. Will she survive another week? Probably. I think Chyna has been lingering near the bottom 3 and is in danger, too.

That said, Chaz fans will let him go this week, having nothing to do with Cher and more about his knees. I don't think he will mind going either. I think he is worried about them and in pain too much to enjoy this experience any longer.

The exit order doesn't matter; Ricki and JR are clearly the final two.

+ Reply to Thread