+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: 10/4 DWTS 13 'Encore' and Results Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

Re: 10/4 DWTS 13 'Encore' and Results Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Okay, the results show is just coming on here. You folks have already made my day with the great news that we won't have to endure Mark any more this season. YaHOOOOOOO!!!
    Let us know if he still gets voted off on the West Coast feed.... You know how the producers can fiddle with the results!

One other reason they may have been voted off aside from Kristin being a virtual unknown, her sob story didn't have much 'sob' to it compared to everyone elses.
    AZChristian likes this.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    Let us know if he still gets voted off on the West Coast feed.... You know how the producers can fiddle with the results!

One other reason they may have been voted off aside from Kristin being a virtual unknown, her sob story didn't have much 'sob' to it compared to everyone elses.
    I just watched them on Jimmy Kimmell, and he compared her story with everyone else's. He said she should have made something up to go along with everyone's sob stories. He also asked her if she thought having a sex change operation would have helped. I wonder if Jimmy knows she and Jay Cutler broke up. He brought up Jay and the Bears voting for her, and said she had her Mondays free to go watch them play. Mark thinks they were slightly underscored; to which I'd say that they were overscored, but by comparision to Hope's 24, and Chaz's 18, plus Carson and Nancy's scores, I guess it evened out. Putting people so close together is where fanbases become important. I don't think going early every week helped, either. Kristin, like Hope I worry, doesn't really have any out there personality or backstory or well known celeb status to save her. I wouldn't be surprised if Hope is the next to go, assuming it isn't Chaz or Nancy.

I kept waiting for Tom to say a mistake had been made, they weren't really going home.

So sad, but so true. Mark's choreography is actually very good. It's the fact that he feels the need to over-dance his partners that annoys me. There's a time & a place for EVERYTHING, dude. You're there to showcase your PARTNER.
    I didn't mind Mark in the beginning. He actually became one of my favorite pros early on. Even when he started the maniac moves and fish faces during season 6, it was hard to notice, because Kristi was so good on her own, it was pretty impossible to upstage her. She was practically as good as the pros. Plus, I don't think he'd reached that level yet. And then came the season with Shawn, where I started semi disliking some of his choices and actions, and the overdancing and faces were back. Kenny Mayne even mocked his faces in Dance Center. I think that was the first season with the spats. Season 9 is where I really started disliking him, and it's been downhill from there. Whereas most of my Derek dislike lies with the producers, Mark's done it all on his own. I doubt he'll get it, and we'll be back to the overdancing spats and wannabe MJ impressions next season with him. He got really lucky that Chelsea managed to get as far as she did, because she probably had the same name recognition as Kristin. It benefitted him that she was a Disney starlet and Derek wasn't on last time.
    Last edited by karalott; 10-05-2011 at 01:11 AM.

I like Chaz, but I do hope that he won't stay on a lot longer. If he does, people will start feeling the same hostility toward him that they felt toward Bristol when she stayed beyond her ability due to having a voting block with a cause.

I did see that Cher posted last night that she hoped Chaz would stay for another week so that she could be in the audience next week to see him dance, so I'm guessing that a lot of her fans were voting for him in order to make that happen. Fingers crossed that she makes her appearance and then people let him go home and stop being in so much physical pain.
    ness likes this.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

FORT Fogey

I have no problem with this show being fan driven. It is all about entertainment, for me. No matter what happens, two good dancers always make the final 2. I like to watch interesting "stars" who are not all that skilled improve and have a good time.

I definately see JR and Ricki as the final 2 and either winning is fine with me. Ricki has always been a favorite of mine but I think JR is likely to win given his amazing story.

I would not be surprized to see Hope go next.

It warms my heart to see that Chaz has such strong support. His fans have been able to keep him in the game despite the his low scores. That said, now we will see the judges become strict. The weaker dancers will get even lower scores in comparison to the better ones, who will be over scored. We will also hear Len comment on this competition getting more serious and they expect more, blah, blah, blah.

I am looking forward to Cher next week. I never look forward to this show either! I will lay off the FF to make sure I don't miss shots of her in the audience.
    NFL1 likes this.

FORT Fogey

I think that the judges have to stop with the best dancer having to stay thing. If it was a true contest than all contestants need to be on the same or close to the same level. Fans have to vote on heart, dance, and entertainment. Expecting this to be based on who dances better would be the same as having an NFL team play a High School team and than complaining that the High School team cannot keep up. These stars are not in the same physical condition nor do they have anywhere near the same talent. I vote on who I enjoy, who I like to see, and who entertains me. Carson, JR, and David make me root for them, and I love their personalities and stories. I do not care if they are the best dancers or not, they are who I like to watch.
    Shoepie, KatesMom and jucamer like this.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Yes! Mark was eliminated here in the western time zone, too. I taped Jimmy K and will be watching that while I get ready for work shortly.

My opinion of the other top male pros:

Maks - hubba, hubba, hubba. I have a hard time taking my eyes off of him while he's dancing. I don't pay much attention to his partners, but he doesn't portray a "look at me, not her" aura. He seems to 100% partner whomever he's dancing with, kind of like that dance where Fred Astaire was dancing with a broom. Even doing that, he was elegant.

Derek - He has the same elegance and wonderful choreography, but performs with a boyish enthusiasm that sometimes makes it seem like he's mugging. I like Derek . . . but he's a boy. Maks is a man.

Tony - I'm rooting for him still because he got stuck with K8. The man deserves the trophy just for surviving that.
    ness, Shoepie and bee stung lips like this.

I thought they said Cher was just going to be in the audience. I'm not geting excited either way, it s only Cher.I think it will be between Ricki ( go Derek) and JR. I am hoping Ricki can pull this off..She did very well last week, if she improves like this, she could win. JR, the judges are going to have a hard time saying anything negative about him imho.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Yes! Mark was eliminated here in the western time zone, too. I taped Jimmy K and will be watching that while I get ready for work shortly.

My opinion of the other top male pros:

Maks - hubba, hubba, hubba. I have a hard time taking my eyes off of him while he's dancing. I don't pay much attention to his partners, but he doesn't portray a "look at me, not her" aura. He seems to 100% partner whomever he's dancing with, kind of like that dance where Fred Astaire was dancing with a broom. Even doing that, he was elegant.

Derek - He has the same elegance and wonderful choreography, but performs with a boyish enthusiasm that sometimes makes it seem like he's mugging. I like Derek . . . but he's a boy. Maks is a man.

Tony - I'm rooting for him still because he got stuck with K8. The man deserves the trophy just for surviving that.

It never entered my mind 'til your post, but you are SO on point about Maks. Since you brought it up, I honestly can never recall a time when I felt Maks was or would showcase himself for whatever reason (partner might not be Ginger Rogers, he's a terminal narcissist, etc.). Tough taskmaster? Check. Nobody to mess with or tick off? Double check. Gorgeous and can dance like a dervish? Well, there aren't even enough checks on the planet to cover that area.

Derek - On point, again. Dancing, choreography? Not a prob. He's a Master. But in a Mr. Testosterone Contest, if you put him side by side with Maks, you wouldn't even know he was there!

Tony - Amen. No, he ain't the greatest choreographer, but he's such a good dancer and is THERE for his ladies. All except Kate, of course, with reason, because God knows, until she pushed him TOO far, he hung in there. And to give him his props, he hung in there much, MUCH longer than I would have. I'd've probably slapped the fire out of that heifer BEFORE the end of Day Two, let alone put up with her bulldozing ass for several weeks. To my dying day, I will remember: "I QUIT!" I love him even more for that.
    Shoepie and AZChristian like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by RBmumsie View Post
    So sad, but so true. Mark's choreography is actually very good. It's the fact that he feels the need to over-dance his partners that annoys me. There's a time & a place for EVERYTHING, dude. You're there to showcase your PARTNER.
    I agree he doesn't do that. I think he's a good dancer though
    I think Maks needs time off like Derek.The open shirt and dont look at the dancing routine is old.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

I was feeling under the weather during the show and fell asleep so I missed which couple got the encore dance last night? Who was it?
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

+ Reply to Thread