+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: 10/4 DWTS 13 'Encore' and Results Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

cha

Re: 10/4 DWTS 13 'Encore' and Results Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    Boy cain't flash them spats and overdance no mo!

WOOHOOO!!! I scared all my dogs whooping & hollering when they said Mark was OUTTA here! LOVED the look on his face, but did feel kinda bad for Kristen. (Not terrible or anything, just a little bad, LOL!)

I really can't stand Jimmy Kimmel, but I may have to watch tonight, just to see if, in a dramatic delayed reaction, Mark's head explodes!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by dougrayfan View Post
    Is Cher going to perform or just support her child?
    I've heard she's just going to be in the audience. Wonder why she wasn't there week 1.

Can you imagine if Jimmy Kimmell actually pulled one over on Mark and said they weren't burning Kristin's dance shoes, but Mark's spats? That'd be like Linus losing his blanket

The unfortuante part about Kristin, is Mark has an anti-fanbase. We all know it's not supposed to be about the pro, but it is, in some cases more than their celeb. Mark isn't the only one who is polarizing, but he is more so. TPTB would be doing him a favor by telling him he needs to tone his antics down.
    RBmumsie likes this.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter View Post
    I love both the Hough's. IMO, they are the most talented dancers and choreographers to have performed on the show. And, I think they are genuinely good people and great supporters of their partners.

To take it a step further, I also like Mark Ballas! He's a great dancer and choreographer as well. And where some may see arrogance, I see enthusiasm .... and at the end of the day, they are very young ... working very hard at developing careers for themselves in a very difficult business.
    I completely agree with you!! They are amazing choreographers... they always are coming up with fantastic moves that make me say.... "wow... how did they do that??"
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by cyn2much View Post
    I completely agree with you!! They are amazing choreographers... they always are coming up with fantastic moves that make me say.... "wow... how did they do that??"
    I think they are wonderful.Both of them.Very very talented.

50 years and counting! AZChristian's Avatar

Okay, the results show is just coming on here. You folks have already made my day with the great news that we won't have to endure Mark any more this season. YaHOOOOOOO!!!

Whew! That was close. Maks is safe again. At least for a little while.
    Sooooo glad it is Mark that is leaving. I was pretty meh about Kristen, very middle of the pack dancer.
    There are others that are worse, but Kristen was going to be gone probably before final 4 anyway. Mark having an early exit is just a bonus.
    Nancy, David, Carson, Chaz should go next in whatever order.
    Then Rob, Hope, Chynna. JR and Ricki will be the final 2, with JR winning the whole thing, I think.

I agree with whoever said that the Ballas/Hough voting block is split this year.

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    I've heard she's just going to be in the audience. Wonder why she wasn't there week 1.

The unfortuante part about Kristin, is Mark has an anti-fanbase. We all know it's not supposed to be about the pro, but it is, in some cases more than their celeb. Mark isn't the only one who is polarizing, but he is more so. TPTB would be doing him a favor by telling him he needs to tone his antics down.
    So sad, but so true. Mark's choreography is actually very good. It's the fact that he feels the need to over-dance his partners that annoys me. There's a time & a place for EVERYTHING, dude. You're there to showcase your PARTNER.
    ness, Shoepie and AZChristian like this.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Quote Originally Posted by helcat View Post
    Yes, but this show is clearly a popularity contest not a dance contest. Kristin is at best a D-list reality "star" and Mark has really become insufferable and has to have lost many of his old fans (like myself). That a recipe for an early trip home.
    Kristen, Had no hip action and she looked like judy with the flat booty trying to shake it.smh
    ness likes this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

*Sighs*

I feel like I'm standing in the middle, and Tweedledee and Tweedledum each have an arm and are pulling the hell out of me, trying to rip me in two.

For the record:

Yep, Kristin DID dance better than Chaz (nope, don't like that she murdered Beyonce, but that's another story for another day; dancewise, she STILL had it over him).

Having said that . . .

Much as I love the dancing aspect of this --- and, yes, I DO know that is supposed to be the idea on which the show is based (and I've loved watching ballroom dancing on PBS and elsewhere for YEARS; even fell in love with Mr. Overdance's parents by watching those shows!) --- I also have to admit that when there's a person on that I'm drawn to, through their attitude, determination, willingness to work, apparent niceness and good-personess, REALNESS, whatever, I pull for them and want to see them for as long as possible.

JMHO . . .

I never felt drawn to Kristin. Sure, she was a better dancer than Chaz, but strictly for myself, I never found myself being pulled in by her and wanting to see her again in any way. I never found myself wanting to root for her.

And the fact that I wouldn't mind seeing Mark strung up by his . . . well, for PC purposes on this board, I'll say TOES, from the top of the highest Georgia pine doesn't have anything to do with it, either.

For example, I have only very recently found myself warming up to Karina. Matter of fact, I couldn't stand her for several seasons. Problem was, sometimes, she got partners I DID like. I was torn then, because even though I may have liked her partner, I found HER to be one of the biggest rolling b****es it'd ever been my displeasure to have pop up on my screen every week. And I felt sorry for her partners because they'd gotten HER as a pro.

I also ground my teeth down to stumps over Adam Carolla. I've ALWAYS liked Julianne, but suffered for her until Adam was finally put down like a mangy, toothless old dog, and Julianne had to go with him.

It cuts both ways.

So I found myself having to muddle through and take the good with the bad.

Sure, this is supposed to be a show that's based on dancing. We all know that. But facts are facts, too.

Bottom line, it's a popularity contest.

And sometimes, the ones I DO like don't make it through as long as I'd like them to. OR the ones I DON'T really care for somehow wind up going on forever and a day (even had at LEAST one of 'em WIN, damnit!).

And, to throw in a REAL curveball . . .

I went totally ape when there were a few ringers on, AND I LIKED THEM!!!!!!!! But still found myself beating my head against the wall because other non-dancers were on, that I had to root for. But I knew, never in a million YEARS, that they were even gonna get close enough to kiss the toe of the ringer's dancing shoe!

TALK ABOUT PSYCHOTIC!!!!!!!!

Will I continue to watch?

Probably, and most likely.

Does that make me a hypocrite?

Probably, and most likely.

Much as I love the dance aspect and understand that that is what this is supposed to all be about, since I've watched this show, I have found that, for me, I also need to FEEL something good about whoever the person is that's dancing, and like them, in some way. For SOMETHING.

I suppose the Tweedles will have to keep pulling on me.

At LEAST for a few more seasons.

I can't win for losing . . .
    karalott, moflan, nanarama and 2 others like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

+ Reply to Thread