+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122 LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: 10/3 Show Discussion DWTS 13 *West Coast Spoilers*

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: 10/3 Show Discussion DWTS 13 *West Coast Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    No way is Hope or her dancing homely?

I adore David and his dancing - he can have his shirt open any time (he's not Maks but I wouldn't throw him out).

The only thing I agree with is Derek is talented. But I still don't like him
    I'm biased since I love Maks, but I don't think Hope is doing too badly. She's no Kristi or Shawn, but I don't think she's Monica Seles, either. Probably a slightly better version of Misty Treanor, who we'll never know how well she really would have done. I think Hope's trying and wants to do well, just her own expectations and insecurities are getting in the way. Not all girls can be feminine or act girly without it looking wrong. Hope's a tomboy and that's just fine. Speaking of Brooke getting new dialouge, maybe they can hire writers to give the judges better comments than telling someone they need to be more feminine/masculine, that their arms were stiff, or that they saw a lift.

I'd rather see David with his shirt off than some of the other pros and celebs. I didn't really think much of it. I'm hoping either Rob or Chaz gets the boot tonight. Rob because I don't like him, but Chaz really is the worst dancer and should go if it isn't Rob. But I do like Chaz.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I never said that I thought Hope was homely, but her dancing definitely is. Could it improve? Definite possiblity. I don't think there is a need to make excuses or comparisons for Hope (she's a tomboy; her insecurities; etc.)...it just is what it is!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I expect Chaz to stay around 2 to 4 more weeks regardless of how the judges score him. The judges grouped the scores so closely that it just comes down to fan votes.

I think the finals will be JR, Ricki, and Chynna, so just pick one of the others.

Kristin looks to have huge potential but hasn't yet really shown any emotion.

I had high hopes for Hope, but I think the only way she can get in this competition now is to fall in love with Maks and show that in every dance.

Sadly, Rob is doing better than either of them.

Given my assumption that Chaz is safe, I vote for Nancy to go.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by RickiRick View Post
    I expect Chaz to stay around 2 to 4 more weeks regardless of how the judges score him. The judges grouped the scores so closely that it just comes down to fan votes.

I think the finals will be JR, Ricki, and Chynna, so just pick one of the others.

Kristin looks to have huge potential but hasn't yet really shown any emotion.

I had high hopes for Hope, but I think the only way she can get in this competition now is to fall in love with Maks and show that in every dance.

Sadly, Rob is doing better than either of them.

Given my assumption that Chaz is safe, I vote for Nancy to go.
    I don't know about Chynna, but I do think Ricki and J.R. will be the final 2, and likely Derek's fanbase will edge out J.R. to give Ricki a win. Unfortuantely for Karina, she can't compete in the pro popularity. On the plus side, she's only made the finals once (season 3), so maybe seeing something new and different will gain them support. I think the other spot could possibly go to Kristin or David. Unless Nancy has a bigger and more rabid fanbase than we know of, I think she's gone tonight or in the next couple of weeks. I expect Rob, Hope (sadly),Carson, and Chaz to also be next on the chopping block. Possibly Kristin, though she has Mark, and they're trying to milk the showmance angle in the press (sort of). I read something elsewhere, people say if he doesn't have a showmance, or doesn't get a partner with the personality of Mel or Kirstie, it's usually not a good season for him. I think Chaz should go, but I'd be slightly surprised if he does. The show could try and milk the worse dancers outlasting the better ones in hopes of getting people to tune in. As a whole, the cast seems like an interesting bunch, but I don't think they generate the same type of excitement that past seasons have. And the judges and Brooke were at their worst last night.

Regarding Hope, I feel like even Maks thought they got overscored. I think this was more than Hope expected, as is the case with some past celebs as well. Who knows, but I doubt the partnership is going how Maks wanted it to. I hope she's around a few more weeks and comes out with more personality. For tonight, I'm thinking Chaz or Nancy, and if there's a "shocker", Hope Chynna/Tony are getting the encore.

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    Gawd...I thought I was the only one annoyed to the nth degree when Brooke does this. She asks a question of a contestant, they responsd with a heartfelt answer and Brooke simply turns her head with a blank, expressionless could care less attitude on her face, completely ignoring the answer as she moves onto the next segment of the show. Geez, if you don't care one iota about the answer, then why ask the FRIKKIN' question, Brooke???
    My favorite is when she asks a question for which the answer was already discussed at length in the story segment before the dance.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss View Post
    My favorite is when she asks a question for which the answer was already discussed at length in the story segment before the dance.
    I know...unbelieveable, eh? How she can work next to such an incredible talent like Tom Bergeron and be that awful is beyond me. You'd think she'd be starving to let some of his greatness rub off on her.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

FORT Fogey

I have to mute Brook--her questions are so painful to listen to. How does she ever keep that job when so many people speak poorly of her

Of course Derek gets the lead again! I swear, CA is DYING to give him a '10', but she doesn't want to be to obvious. I believe J.R deserved to have the highest score, his dancing was very elegant and graceful, his story was also told beautifully during the dance. Ricki is being overscored again; like last week. I don't understand the hype around Derek and to some extent Mark. I'm hoping there is no Ballas and Hough finale again !! But, I have a feeling that if Derek does get into the finals, omg, he will have the privilige of holding the mirrorball trophy once again. I'm really hoping that this is the year we will get to see a new champ...hopefully between Karina, Tony and Maks.

As well, speaking of Maks, I really not feeling the partnership between Hope and him, like last year, Kirsite and Maks had this connection that made them so likeable. I'm not sure about Hope, I won't be surprised if they got out before the finals. Ricki also reminds me of Kirstie, but minus the fun personality,,,,,,,,,,
    karalott likes this.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    I am definitely not a fan of Kristin's, but I saw this sentiment a few times last night. I think she was at a disadvantage no matter what she did. She is what - 21 or 22? She just hasn't had the life experiences yet. For someone that young, that probably is pretty significant - but pales in comparison to some of the other life stories. I guess if it was me, maybe I would have picked being dumped by my fiance out of the blue! But other than that - she really hasn't even lived yet. Give her time.
    JR was 19 when he had his accident. Other young people have done remarkable things too so I'm not giving Kristin a pass because of her age.

Quote Originally Posted by catzy View Post
    JR was 19 when he had his accident. Other young people have done remarkable things too so I'm not giving Kristin a pass because of her age.
    But nearly everyone elses memorable year was based on either tragedy or the natural steps one takes as one ages, and you can't fault her for being both lucky and young. If at the age of 35 she claims her most memorable year was the one she moved to Hollywood, then you might have a point.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

+ Reply to Thread