+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819202122 LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: 10/3 Show Discussion DWTS 13 *West Coast Spoilers*

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: 10/3 Show Discussion DWTS 13 *West Coast Spoilers*

I didn't get how some of the star's stories fit the song they chose. For instance, what did "Moon River" have to do with Nancy Grace's story about her kids? I didn't catch the story that was supposed to be told by the girl doing the samba. We only saw her struggling to learn the dance. Hope's song ("Tonight I'm Loving You", originally "Tonight I'm F*'ing You") also had nothing to do her story. Maybe they should skip the cutesy themes and just stick to straight dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2 View Post
    Of course! We have to sit through watching Mark every Monday and Tuesday night....

FORT Fogey

Nancy chose Moon River because she walked up the aisle to this in her wedding and it was the first lulllaby/song she sang to her kids.

I missed a few of the dances especially when RHOBH came on but of the ones I did see:

Carson.... I loved him tonight. He is just a scream! Tecnique was much better last night.

JR...What can I say.... It was a beautiful dance... I was bawling at the end of it.

I think Chaz and Hope willl be in the bottom two tonight. Chaz however probably should be the one going home.

Brooke..... Is it me or does she get more annoying with each show? Those are the best questions she can come up with... Really?

FORT Fogey

I like last night's show. It seemed that all the stars were pretty genuine and emotional in what they did - and the judges recognized that and rewarded it.

They showed the are people and that they care.

I'm feeling a little anxious about David. That guy seems to have all sorts of demons. Not getting the public's vote last week was a dose of reality that he problem could have done without given what he's going through at the moment. But that kind of reality check is always helpful in the end. I hope he gets his life on track.

I've always like Courtney Cox. It's pretty great that she is showing up for David.

Quote Originally Posted by Annastasia B View Post
    I missed a few of the dances especially when RHOBH came on but of the ones I did see:

Carson.... I loved him tonight. He is just a scream! Tecnique was much better last night.

JR...What can I say.... It was a beautiful dance... I was bawling at the end of it.

I think Chaz and Hope willl be in the bottom two tonight. Chaz however probably should be the one going home.

Brooke..... Is it me or does she get more annoying with each show? Those are the best questions she can come up with... Really?

Brooke was more annoying, she is just awful! she ask the questions in such a way, that she doesnt care what the answer is.Terrible host

FORT Fogey

I actually love watching Hope and watching Chaz. Chaz is just genuine, not a great dancer, but gives it his all - what was with that Sonny song, ick, and the outfit was horrendous (but definitely channelled Sonny). Hope also has had awful costumes (the roller derby outfit, and last night's stockings going up like a hoochy mamma when she was ruffling the dress?) I think her dancing has been ok - yes, stilted like many of the athletes (Clyde Drexler??) but she can at least move around - not like an ice skater with more fluid artistic moves, but she is able to do more than some of the others. I want Rob, Nancy or the other reality chick to go first.

FORT Fogey

Carson should absolutely replace Brooke next season - that would bring many people to watch to see what he asks, says to the contestants vs. the stilted boring questions that Brooke (and Sam) were given...he could prepare himself, and even ad lib and it'd be fabulous.
    Blues Songstres likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by NFL1 View Post
    Carson should absolutely replace Brooke next season - that would bring many people to watch to see what he asks, says to the contestants vs. the stilted boring questions that Brooke (and Sam) were given...he could prepare himself, and even ad lib and it'd be fabulous.
    Carson also would have plenty to say about the costuming, and that's something everybody talks about with regard to the show anyway. And yeah, if he were given a bunch of stupid, scripted questions, he'd just ignore them.

Plus, he just hosted the American Humane Society's first Hero Dog Awards. He cares about dogs and horses. How bad could he possibly be?
    AZChristian likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I didn't get how some of the star's stories fit the song they chose. For instance, what did "Moon River" have to do with Nancy Grace's story about her kids? I didn't catch the story that was supposed to be told by the girl doing the samba. We only saw her struggling to learn the dance. Hope's song ("Tonight I'm Loving You", originally "Tonight I'm F*'ing You") also had nothing to do her story. Maybe they should skip the cutesy themes and just stick to straight dancing.
    I believe Hope said that the song she chose was something her team listened to before the games last year, so it did have something to do with her story in basically the same way Rob's did (it was a favorite of his late father's) and Nancy's did (she walked down the aisle to "Moon River" and it was the first lullaby she ever sang to her twins). Really, it would make more sense to skip the whole storyline aspect of the week in the future and just let contestants choose songs that were especially meaningful to them and fit the song and dance together without trying to tell a story (which most of them didn't do anyway). They can still explain why the song is important to them in the interview/rehearsal footage.

+ Reply to Thread