+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: 9/27 DWTS 13 'Encore' and Results Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

Re: 9/27 DWTS 13 'Encore' and Results Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    Just watched Elisabetta and Val on Jimmy Kimmel. I wish she had had that much fun and showed that side of personality on the show (of course, maybe she did and it was edited out). Jimmy brought up Elisabetta getting dissed by Khloe Kardashian on twitter, so I'm sure that'll be a topic when Rob is on the show. She said she wasn't surprised by Nancy's nip-slip. Val said his brother was disappointed he was kicked off. Elisabetta also said she didn't bother voting for herself; maybe she really did want off. I hope we see Val again next season. The cast as a whole seemed down about the elimination tonight. I'm sure letting everyone know exactly where David stood will secure him for a few more weeks. But once Carson, David, and Hope are gone, my interest in this season is going right down. At least there will be J.R., and while I like Chynna and Chaz enough, not really looking forward to just those three, along with Nancy, Rob, Kristin, and Ricki.

Yep I agree Kara - once those 3 are gone I will be too. I'll be giving David the majority of my votes next week. I really like him and he is trying. I am not liking Cheryl this time around either - it's got to be the Kardashian rubbing off on her. ewwww

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    I love Ricki, but I'm confused on how she got the highest score and the encore. That dance was so sloppy and she was very unsure. I thought J.R. deserved it. His was the best of the night, even with the lift.
    I found parts of their dance to be in poor taste. There was one part where I thought they were trying to make a baby together. I'd have much rather seen JR and Karina as the encore.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    Yep I agree Kara - once those 3 are gone I will be too. I'll be giving David the majority of my votes next week. I really like him and he is trying. I am not liking Cheryl this time around either - it's got to be the Kardashian rubbing off on her. ewwww
    I won't be gone (maybe), but my interest will be. Completely. Ricki's jive getting the highest score and the encore was a joke. It was a lot of dry humping and sexing it up, and it just looked disgusting. Ricki's in her 40s, but it doesn't mean she can't be sexy, but it just looked wrong. Her feet were a mess compared to some of the others. I know she's no ringer, so for that I'm glad Derek has to work, but it'll get old if it's the same Derek love fest week after week. Might as well give him the 4th trophy now if that's how it's going to end. Why fight it. J.R. definitely deserved the encore, and the highest score. 3 7s was crazy. Louis van Amstel chimed in about their jive and defended it. He also said he hopes Sgt. Lift Police is consistant this season. Cheryl seems more arrogant and entitled this season. Could be the Kardashian effect or she figures the producers owe her for sticking him with her. I haven't liked Cheryl since season 8 but she started growing on me last season. Not anymore.

I knew Elisabetta was gone when Tom said that the other couple in the bottom 2 had the second lowest number of votes. I knew they wouldn't go that far for her if she was really safe. I'm still stunned David was that low in the scores. I could have believed just about anybody, but not him.

Next week's "best year of my life" theme has (per DWTSGossip) Ricki, Chaz, Hope, David, and Chynna dancing the rumba, Kristin the samba, Rob the foxtrot, and Carson the tango. No word yet on Nancy or J.R.'s dances. I can see a lot of Bruno drooling, CA gushing, and over scoring coming. Not surprised they'd give the heavy hitters of the cast dances that might be easier to handle. If Rob, Chaz and Nancy wind up being safe next week, it'll be interesting who gets sacrificed.
    Last edited by karalott; 09-28-2011 at 01:48 PM.

I knew Elisabetta would be going last night.
    I felt so bad for her. She looked absolutely terrified and, combined with the language barrier and Val as her partner, it was inevitable that she'd exit.
    Hate to say it, but I was discussing this couple with co-workers yesterday and we all disliked Val. I think she would have fared better with a more likable partner. IMO.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    I knew Elisabetta would be going last night.
    I felt so bad for her. She looked absolutely terrified and, combined with the language barrier and Val as her partner, it was inevitable that she'd exit.
    Hate to say it, but I was discussing this couple with co-workers yesterday and we all disliked Val. I think she would have fared better with a more likable partner. IMO.
    Elisabetta came across as unlikeable, and maybe it was partner related, but somehow I still think she was an early exit. She just wasn't well known to have a fanbase, and what she was known for she didn't want to be connected to anymore. I just think she was a shy, insecure mess. Some of my co-workers thought Val was playing off his brother too much (and that the show wasn't helping matters) and not really finding his own identity. Maybe that's just how he is. In most interviews he's come across very likeable, genuine, and real. On the show he was a task master, but I remember a lot of the pros coming across as slave drivers in early seasons. It took 4 or 5 before Karina finally broke the ice queen label. I hope Val is given another chance with a better, more popular partner.

Karalott,
    I didn't find her unlikable. I found her very shy, insecure and intimidated. THat's why I thought she would have benefitted from a different partner.
    We just didn't see any redeeming qualities in Val.
    Maks can get away with the "bad boy" routine. I just don't think Val can. Sorry, but he's no Maks, IMO. And, as you know, I'm not even Mak's biggest fan!
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Wow, I totally disagree about Val! I liked him a lot and I'm sad his partner was eliminated so his time on DWTS has come to an end early. I wish they all could be Chmerkovskiy boys!

Karalott,
    I didn't find her unlikable. I found her very shy, insecure and intimidated. THat's why I thought she would have benefitted from a different partner.
    Maks can get away with the "bad boy" routine. I just don't think Val can. Sorry, but he's no Maks, IMO. And, as you know, I'm not even Mak's biggest fan!
    I didnt like Val, speaking with dd this morning, she didnt either.Too showy( something Mark always get called on) nope, did nothing for me. I dont think Maks should be in the bottom already, but I didnt care. Its good for him( his ego is too big)and she is competitive, win at all cost, dont think that will last.

Karalott,
    I don't know if I'd go as far as unlikeable. That was more random comments online and what I heard through co-workers/family/friends who are watching. To those who had watched previous seasons, she was just another no named model who's only claim to fame was dating a Hollywood heavyweight. Most models that have done this show didn't even have that. She seemed nice enough, though I think she was in over her head. She was shy and insecure, and even pre-season reports said she came across she was cold because she was so shy. Every season, there's always a few celebs who find this a lot harder to deal with than they ever expected. I remember Debi Mazar commenting that she thought it'd be a breeze since she had done dancing on TV and for music videos, but we saw how that went. Elisabetta seemed overwhelmed in interviews, but I found her very personable and fun during Jimmy Kimmell last night. She needed to come right out and wow everyone with her personality right off the bat, or do something to stand out (I think that might have been Val's gimmick for week 1 with the bed). I think Val, like most of the pros, will find his groove on here. Truthfully, I think the only immensely popular ones are Derek, Cheryl, Maks, and Mark to begin with, with others having their own pools of popularity. Val came in as Maks's baby bro and I think there were high expectations for him. It's why I wish they'd give new pros contenders from the beginning so we can really see what they can do and what they're all about. I hope Val, Tristan, and Peta all return next time with better luck.
    Last edited by karalott; 09-28-2011 at 05:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I didnt like Val, speaking with dd this morning, she didnt either.Too showy( something Mark always get called on) nope, did nothing for me. I dont think Maks should be in the bottom already, but I didnt care. Its good for him( his ego is too big)and she is competitive, win at all cost, dont think that will last.

Not sure what show you were watching, but Maks wasn't in the bottom. Mark could star in the remake of Showboat
    nanarama likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast