+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: 9/27 DWTS 13 'Encore' and Results Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: 9/27 DWTS 13 'Encore' and Results Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

That was sweet how Val said he was sorry he couldn't do better for her. I'll miss him, but at least there's his big bro to look forward to. I can see why they revealed the actual bottom 2 this week. They probably don't want David going anywhere. I'm stunned by that. I rolled my eyes when he was announced in jeopardy because I figured he was as safe as Tom to return next week.

ETA: Tilden, I do think Clooney speaks fluent Italian.

I hear ya ness Poor Maks looked heartbroken.

Elisabetta out.

I am SO not surprised.

'Bye, Val (Damnit!). For right NOW, anyway.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Goodbye Val!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    Goodbye Val!!!
    I worry more this might really be Maks's last season. I believe he said he wasn't going to return until a "development" came up (that development happened to be Val). So it'd be their first season competing together, but he may figure with that out of the way, he'll move on trophy less and pursue other things. I'm hoping a new pro wins this year, but if someone had to repeat, I'd rather it be Kym than the others. I'm really surprised she and David were that close to leaving. It'll be interesting if they go back to the fake bottom 2 next week.

I hope Kardashian bro leaves next week. He got praise from the judges, he outlasted Kim (though I remember her doing the finger crossing too), but he sucks as a dancer. Cheryl's bugging me this season, too. Not sure why, but she just is.
    NFL1 likes this.

BTW
    FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by VanJagSol View Post
    Boo. They improved from last week. Should have been Chaz
    Should have been Chaz or Rob. Neither is entertaining. Elisabetta may not have spoken English well, but could move her feet and had poise. David was one of the last two? Something is very wrong here.

Just watched Elisabetta and Val on Jimmy Kimmel. I wish she had had that much fun and showed that side of personality on the show (of course, maybe she did and it was edited out). Jimmy brought up Elisabetta getting dissed by Khloe Kardashian on twitter, so I'm sure that'll be a topic when Rob is on the show. She said she wasn't surprised by Nancy's nip-slip. Val said his brother was disappointed he was kicked off. Elisabetta also said she didn't bother voting for herself; maybe she really did want off. I hope we see Val again next season. The cast as a whole seemed down about the elimination tonight. I'm sure letting everyone know exactly where David stood will secure him for a few more weeks. But once Carson, David, and Hope are gone, my interest in this season is going right down. At least there will be J.R., and while I like Chynna and Chaz enough, not really looking forward to just those three, along with Nancy, Rob, Kristin, and Ricki.
    Last edited by karalott; 09-28-2011 at 01:07 AM.

Got to watch yesterday and tonight's elimination show, and just had to comment tonight. I'm not good at remember all their names, so hope I have this right. I am so disappointed in the judges scores yesterday, especially Len. My goodness. When he gave that 8 to I think Nancy, I just couldn't believe it. I give her credit for trying, but her dancing (i mean "scooting") was horrible IMO. What I think is Nancy's main problem is she seems more worried about the crowd than her dancing. She seems to totally forget where she is and forgets what she is doing, as she stares at the crowd for their approvement.

And, whats the deal with the over score on Chaz performance. He was walking, not dancing. I'm sorry if he is truly hurt, but IMO he has played the sympathy card way too much already. If I remember correctly, even last week, we got to hear about some excuse for a bad performance even before we got to see his dancing.

But Lens scoring and comments were truly bizarre. He seemed to be watching a different show than I was watching. He totally voted the opposite of what I was thinking for quite a few of the couples. And when he gave Nancy that 8, that was proof in the pudding that he was just not fair about his scoring. I cry fowl. But even with that, how in the world did America's voting not eliminate the true worst performers. David should not have been in jeopardy at all, so what was he even doing in the jeopardy group. And how was Nancy safe at all.

I listened to the show describe the scoring, and they said something like they combine the judges score with the voting scores, so I have to wonder how much weight they put on the judges scoring (OR) maybe they change it for each couple depending on who the show wants to keep around. Like for Chaz team, Nancy team, etc. maybe the used 99% judges score and 1% public score, and for everone else, it was 50/50 or something. They could probably do anything like that, and we would never know, since it is for ratings and probably is not meant to be fair to an extent, unless they get an outcry from the public. And there sure should be an outcry after the results tonight. It was truly bizarre. I mean, when you have CA literally arguing and acting shocked like I was to Len's scores, it is pretty obvious shenanigans are going on.

Anyway, overall, I really liked some of the dances and will continue to watch and just try to ignore the fake scoring. Bruno seemed genuine and CA seemed genuine to an extent also. Len was out in left field. I guess it was his turn to help ensure their "ratings dancers" stay in for a few more weeks. I wouldn't be so mad if they wouldn't try to insult our intelligence by making it seem like their genuine opinions on the scoring. Like Len saying ....."Now, thats a quick step" to Nancy. The only thing I saw from Nancy was a slow stepping mis-step person who kept looking at the audiences reaction, rather than concentrating on trying to dance. Oh well....sorry for the rant.

P.S. I really like Nancy + Chaz, but their dancing needs some work.

The Script...love that band!

The Macy's stars of dance performance was awesome. I usually don't enjoy too many of those but this one I really liked.

I'm sorry for Val, but I'm really glad Elizabetta got the boot. No idea what Clooney saw in her. She's vapid.

I love Ricki, but I'm confused on how she got the highest score and the encore. That dance was so sloppy and she was very unsure. I thought J.R. deserved it. His was the best of the night, even with the lift.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

The rest of this season's eliminations should be interesting in light of the news that Monday's show's ratings were the lowest ever in the show's history. What does that tell the producers? At this point, they're going to be scrambling to keep the most interesting talent. Who might that be?! I'd love to see all of these stars really bring it.

As for Val and Elisabetta, it was the most likely elimination. They're playing Rob K. against his sister's performance. They'll not let Ricki go yet since Derek's her partner. Kristen actually has some talent.

As for George Clooney and Elisabetta, I don't think he picks his women based on what's in between their ears. Just because he's attractive and involved in humanitarian efforts, his womanizing ways are overlooked. He uses them faster than an infant runs through diapers. But I did find Elisabetta sweet; the language barrier and cultural differences probably worked against her. I hope she emerges out from behind his shadow.

BTW
    FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    The Script...love that band!

I love Ricki, but I'm confused on how she got the highest score and the encore. That dance was so sloppy and she was very unsure. I thought J.R. deserved it. His was the best of the night, even with the lift.
    Could it have anything to do with her partner??? Of course not!! I'm really getting sick of this show. The unfairness of the judging, and there a couple of boring, untalented dancers. I don't want to hear excuses as to why they're not dancing well, then get off because of it. Didn't seem to matter that much in past seasons, if someone was hurt, their scores still suffered.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast