+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: 9/20 Meet the Cast and Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 9/20 Meet the Cast and Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Thoughts:

Carson - Carson is great for pure entertainment (love that guy) - Anna is the perfect partner for him; she's got spirit ... just like Carson.
    David - I have a soft spot for him and would like him to be successful; LOVED that Courtney was in the audience. She was adorable with her daughter and not dressed in a flashy way (a la Kardashians). I really like her.
    Nancy - Not a fan of her show, but I do admire her pluck and courage
    JR - like him mostly because of what he's been through and has since achieved - and for his overall spirit
    Chyna - the most lovely dance I've ever seen with Tony. They were beautiful together - as if meant to be together. I would love to see a middle-aged woman win this thing. Maybe Chyna will be that person.
    Rikki - love her spirit and spunk and work ethic
    Soccer player - surprisingly liked her!
    Chaz - did great! The second most enteraining dance of the night behind Carson's
    Krisin - love her body.
    Rob - Too soon for me to say. He's kind of a cutie-pie but if he's a slacker in the practices, I won't hav patience for him.

Tristan was amazingly entertaining. Love that some Irish blood was brought in to remind us that ballroom dancing isn't just for Aussie's, eastern Europeans, and Americans.

I will say it out loud. I adore Mark Ballas and Derek Hough. THey are each fabulous choreographers who seem to work really well with their partners. I like them, and I don't think either is a show-off or fame-hound. They are just good, young, talented, and enthusiastic.

Anna and Lacey were AMAZING with their unique partners. I applaud both for handling things as well as they have. I was very impressed.

Harry Connick Jr. = my dream date. I love this guy more and more everytime I see him. He seemed completely enthralled by the entire experience. He is someone I'd like to see on this show!
    Last edited by Jexter; 09-21-2011 at 01:50 AM. Reason: Correction
    norealityhere and Fanny Mare like this.

Hi everyone. Special wave to karalott my fellow Maks lover Good to be back. As every year I am always one of the last to post. That sucks. Wish i could watch it with you guys for a chance.

Okay. My thoughts. I was shocked but happy to find out Val and Elizabetta? sorry don't know the names yet, were safe.
    Love Holly (especially because she is with Maks) . Not sure he will be able to win this year. not because Holly lacks dancing abilities but because she is up against people with very big fanbases.
    I mean The Kardashians. Not a fan. Maybe if he did not bring his rude family I might start liking him.

I am a bit rooting for Nancy Grace. She looked so different though. Not in a good way but I love her partner Tristan. O what a cutie. Love his Irish humour.

Everybody is loving J.R. I think because of what happened to him he is going to win. And he has rhythm.I give him that.

Love David Arquette. He makes me laugh. He giggles.

Chaz Bono. Good to see a fat person dance so well. Who was the woman crying. Not Cher right?

I used to like Ricki Lake but can't root for her cause I do not like her dance partner. The Hough.

Same thing for Kristen and her partner Mark Ballas. Ugh. Not really warming up to her anyway.

Love Carson. Is he the first gay guy who does DWTS? Can't imagine but he is hilarious. Wonder where I know him from? Project Runway? Catwalk?

Chynna. Never heard of her but she has potential. Too bad she is paired with .. Oh forgot his name! cause he is not a good choreographer.

I think I've got everyone.
    karalott likes this.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Hmm so I was wrong about Elisabetta going home. Guess a lot of people did want to see Mak's younger brother again. I have no problem with that. Two Chmerkovskiy's in the house--YES!!

That pro/troupe number was all kinds of awesome, including the song. Yay, the singers didn't murder it.

I was howling with laughter when LMFAO performed and catching glimpses of CA on the judges table. Then seeing some guy with his shirt off. Did not realize it was Bruno at first. OMFG!! I hope some entertainment show has the full footage of those 2 clowns dancing and watching Len looking on in horror. Must see TV for sure.

I just realized why they had to build the new set. Fitting all of the Kardashian's into one building. I hope he is the next to go. Even my son said "that guy seems like a real d___"

I agree with another poster upthread who mentioned wanting Harry Connick Jr to compete on this show. That would be interesting. Hey why not get his wife involved too?
    karalott likes this.

FORT Fogey

It is to the point where people are voting a lot more for the pros than the stars and wannabe stars. With some exceptions this is what I am seeing. Peta went this week, I think that Nancy and Tristan will go, and than Val and Elisebetta. I think that Maks kept his brother in this week, and I think Cheryl kept Rob in. I really wish to give the new pros a better shot that they got paired with the best dancers. I would have liked to have seen Tristin and Kristen, JR and Peta, and Val I guess with the support of Maks fans is fine with where he is.

I had no idea whom Ron whatever was, but he seemed like a slimeball so I am glad he is gone. Why did they call him Metta, I must have missed something?

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton View Post
    I had no idea whom Ron whatever was, but he seemed like a slimeball so I am glad he is gone. Why did they call him Metta, I must have missed something?
    He legally changed his name to Metta World Peace.

After watching DWTS this week, I can honestly say....I would never want to look like a supermodel. Their bodies are gross. Elizabetta seriously needs to gain a few pounds. That malnourished look may look good in print but in person? Yeah, not so much. I'd take Hope or Lacey's fit, healthy body over the Twiggy look any day.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Fogey

Love Carson. Is he the first gay guy who does DWTS? Can't imagine but he is hilarious. Wonder where I know him from? Project Runway? Catwalk?

Lance Bass did DWTS after officially coming out of the closet. And, of course, Louis, whom I miss, is openly gay as well. Carson has worked on a couple of reality shows, but the one where he first became famous was Bravo's Queer Eye for the Straight Guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post

Lance Bass did DWTS after officially coming out of the closet. And, of course, Louis, whom I miss, is openly gay as well. Carson has worked on a couple of reality shows, but the one where he first became famous was Bravo's Queer Eye for the Straight Guy.
    And Margaret Cho, right? Of course we can't forget Bruno, although he is not a contestant/pro.

FORT Fogey

I just had a epiphany. I really liked Ron Artest, and the story of his daughter was touching. However, as the show went on, I couldn't help but have a bit of a soft spot for Rob Kardashian - and I normally have zero interest in anything having to do with that family.

I was trying to figure out why I was rooting for the young kid who comes from a home of privelage and is rumored to be sort of lazy in the dance class. Then it sort of hit me. The contestants I like the most are the ones who demonstrate either a need or desire for personal growth. Ron Artest didn't seem to be motivated this way - nor did he seem to need it. He's come full circle in life. Everything else is a cherry on top.

Rob is young and over-shadowed by his sisters. It would be good for him to develop his own "thing". This show is a step in that direction - whether he knows it or not.

So, despite being all sorts of privelaged, I would enjoy seeing him blossom into a man. Although, this doesn't mean I'll put my votes his way. It's just that I was just trying figure out why I was rooting for such a person when it came down to him and Ron. And, I don't have much pity for those who don't work hard on this show. If the rumors are true and he continues to slack off, my tune will quickly change.

I agree with Karalot that it would be good to let them have two dances before sending someone home. Even if this means a double elimination mid-season.

Ron can chalk his loss up to changing his name mid-vote---people probably went online to vote for him and couldn't find his name.

Rob is on roller coaster with me. At first I was really annoyed to see bottom of the barrel Kardashian on the show, then first show he seemed interesting, innocent enough, then last night he came across as really annoying.

Felt bad for Cheryl when Chaz said he was afraid of her. I guess I would be afraid of her too, but I suspect much of this is editing and the other pros can be just as strict. I admire any Pro that has enough patience to teach these stars.

I was glad Elizabetta (sp?) got to stay one more week so she can go on her own terms, not on Val's choerography mistake.

Mark is crazy. Was he auditioning for a Michael Jackson role? Did I see the MJ crotch grab during his dance? Does he know he has a partner? Why don't we just let him dance by himself, or better yet, demote him to the Troupe? Give him a solo each week. Applaud politely. I don't know his partner, but she seems nice enough and looks to have potential, so feel bad for her.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    And Margaret Cho, right? Of course we can't forget Bruno, although he is not a contestant/pro.
    I thought Margaret was bisexual, but yeah, her too.

+ Reply to Thread