+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Carson Kressley & Anna Trebunskaya: Season 13

Re: Carson Kressley & Anna Trebunskaya: Season 13

He is a riot. So over the top happy. He is clearly having fun and Anna is doing the best she can with him. He is a project but he is willing to work hard to overcome is weaknesses. I like that. I don't seem him going too far but I do enjoy watching the mischief and mayhem while he is here.
    karalott likes this.

I just love how much Anna seems to be enjoying herself this season. She seems to laugh a lot more than I've ever seen of her, both on the show and in interviews.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    And sorry, but I don't think I've ever seen a smile that big on Anna before. She seems super pleased that he's her partner and honestly, after some of the dead weight she's had to suffer through on this show, it's about time she got someone fairly well liked and entertaining. She's clearly enjoying herself.
    I think that's when I enjoy the pros the most-when they aren't taking it as seriously as they normally would a regular competition. Anna was originally partnered with Ryan O'Neal, so I can definitely see why she's happier. Besides, what isn't to love about Carson? I think he'll stop having fun when it has to get too serious. I don't see Carson winning, but I'd love it if he at least made the finals. I don't care if he's one of the worst dancers left, he'd show everybody what a freestyle should really look like Anna has long been one of my favorite pros, and I was always disappointed when she either wasn't brought back or given the resident early ouster like her hubby. I'm glad she's not only become more of a regular, but gotten some pretty good partners.
    nanarama likes this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I wish I could ignore the technical aspects and just enjoy Carson's buffoonery with everyone else but unfortunately I can't. If this wasn't a dance competition, I wouldn't care how much he cut up, but when other stars are trying to do their best and getting sent home before him because people find him funny, it makes me dislike him.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I wish I could ignore the technical aspects and just enjoy Carson's buffoonery with everyone else but unfortunately I can't. If this wasn't a dance competition, I wouldn't care how much he cut up, but when other stars are trying to do their best and getting sent home before him because people find him funny, it makes me dislike him.
    I agree to an extent. I'm okay with him staying b/c of his humor and b/c he makes me smile...as long as he doesn't beat out the truly best ones like JR. I do think he is really trying to do his best but he just doesn't have any dance ability at all so he is making the most of it. As long as he is trying I don't have a problem him staying longer than Rob or Kristin.
    karalott and GoingInCircles like this.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    For me, the criteria I look at are effort, personality, ability to entertain with the dance, and technical skill.

So far, Carson has 3 out of 4 (effort, personality, entertainment skills).

Elisabetta only had 2 out of 4 (effort and technical skill).

The basketball player had 0 out of 4.

I'm definately ok with the idea of Carson remaining thus far.

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

Carson is working his keister off, that's obvious. For me that's endearing and worth keeping him week to week.
    karalott, Allie and GoingInCircles like this.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

This season would lose way too much if Carson gets kicked off. He may not be the best dancer or the most coordinated, but he's a lot of fun. Given the fact that the judges have their heads up some other celebs behinds, or the other celebs are lacking what Carson brings, it's a bland group. CA should follow her own advice when saying it's not a serious competition. We all know it isn't, the judges don't score like it is, and they don't offer any constructive, meaningful advice, so what's the point of them? ABC can save itself 3 salaries. I hope they make it through tomorrow. Carson made a cute pirate. And I love how happy Anna is. They know they have no chance at winning, or making the finals, so I'm glad they're able to just have fun but still make the effort.
    GoingInCircles likes this.

FORT Fogey

Just saw the latest DWTS report on E! News. Carson pointed out that Ron (Meta Peace--but he called him Ron), Kristin, and Chynna were all blonde and then ran his palm against his own hair and said, "Conspiracy? I'm just sayin'." Obviously he was overlooking Elisabetta for the sake of the joke. He ended the interview by giving the E! reporter, whom he's been teasing all season about being interested in him, a hug and stage whispering, "Don't do this with Nancy Grace. She'll steal your wallet."

They interviewed a number of the cast at the after show party, and no one was happy to see him leave. I realize they aren't going to say it, even if they are, but it was still sweet. Derek said he was bummed, Ricki was unhappy, David said he was going to miss him because he's so funny, and Elisabetta referred to him as "joyful." I thought it was kind of interesting that she was still going to the after parties. Maybe she had more fun that she appeared to on the show, at least backstage with the other people.

No comments about Carson's exit from Maks, but perhaps they thought it unwise to interview him, since Carson has tweeted that he started out with a boy crush on Maks and ended up crushing on Tristan and Val.

I'm really going to miss Carson At least I still have Maks, and David and J.R. are great, but the entertainment level is practically gone. They need him back in some capacity. He could really improve all the filler segments. I really felt for him for how the judges acted towards him. Sure, he wasn't the best dancer (you can't even say he would improve or was in any form a dancer), but you had to admire his spirit. And what he said last night about not wanting to be perfect is why I enjoyed watching him. He wasn't going to win with the judges, and he shouldn't have been scoring lower than Chaz (who is boring and just as bad of a dancer). Next week totally would have been his element for putting on a performance. They've had Jeffrey Ross, Penn Jillette, and Adam Carolla return for filler segments, so they better find a spot for Carson. He and Anna were great, and I'm glad she got him instead of Ryan O'Neal. I can only imagine how much worse this season would have been without 5 weeks of Carson's hilarity. Much like I can't listen to 'American Woman' or ' We Got the Beat' without associating it to Maks's dances, I'll never listen to 'Moves Like Jaggar' again without picturing Carson's cha cha I really hope Chaz is the next to go. He's the absolute worst left, no question, but with Carson gone, I worry they'll turn on someone else (maybe finish Hope off), and someone besides Chaz will take the bottom of the leaderboard, even though without seeing the dances, I can tell that shouldn't happen.

This article touched on DWTS being a populairty contest, but I liked this blurb from Carson regarding the judges:

Dancing With the Stars: Is it a Popularity Contest?, Christian News

Fashion expert Carson Kressley was eliminated from the show Tuesday after receiving weak results for his performance. The former “Queer Eye for the Straight Guy” star has also criticized the show, saying that the judges were harsh.

“We’re used to them being harsh, but I thought they were extra harsh,” said Kressley following Monday’s performance. “They weren’t accurate or fair. I’m not going to complain, because it’s over. The scores are what they are.”

Like us on Facebook

Kressley also pointed out another critique of the “DWTS” Judge’s panel.

“We can dance and have fun at the same time,” said Kressley backstage on the show. “That’s called entertaining… I think sometimes our showmanship is overlooked.”

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast