+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Chynna Phillips & Tony Dovolani: Season 13

Chynna Phillips & Tony Dovolani: Season 13

Chynna Phillips: Vocalist

Pro: Tony Dovolani

One-third of Wilson Phillips, Chynna Phillips first rose to fame in the '90s, thanks to the group's hit "Hold On." Their debut album, "Wilson Phillips" sold more than 10 million copies worldwide, earning the girl group four Grammy Award nominations. Phillips left the group in 1992 following the release of their sophomore album, "Shadows and Light." She went on to appear in a handful of made-for-television films, including 1995's "Bye Bye Birdie." Phillips, now 43, has been married to William Baldwin for more than 15 years. They have three children.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Chynna Phillips & Tony Dovolani: Season 13

Tony's one of my favorites, and for that reason alone, I'm hoping these two do well. It's hard to tell without seeing them dance, but I wouldn't be surprised if they're an early exit. Nothing seems memorable, and it seems like almost everyone else has something going into the season with to make them stand out.

I LOVE Tony, so I'm hoping she'll be a great partner for him. I'm a little worried she might suffer the same fate as Audrina, be a good dancer but lack the fan support.

It's funny how Carni is the most famous of the Wilson Phillips group. I just love Carni on that show Karaoke USA. You can tell how much she loves music and she is so enthusiastic for the contestants. I doubt many people are watching this but Carni is worth tuning in for. There are three great judges on the show, they aren't mean like on the other singing/dancing shows. It's a fun show. My husband loved Wilson Phillips back in the day. They did some beautiful music but it was a very long time ago in music terms so I don't know if the public voting block will remember them they will either be too old or too young to remember them. Chynna Phillips was always the beautiful one of the group. She really is a pretty girl.

Tony tweeted his number for him and Chyna: 1-800-868-3404, so he and Chyna will be dancing 4th (and they're doing the VW). Fingers crossed, I'm really hoping they last longer than predicted.

I wasn't as impressed with their VW as everyone else, but it was better than I expected. I didn't doubt Chyna would have the ability and musicality, but I thought her personality might fall flat and make her forgettable. I thought she delivered there last night and was more engaging than I expected her to be. She and Tony make a lovely couple out there. In pre-premiere interviews, she's seemed very excited, so I guess I should have given her more credit. I thought she could be in danger of being one of the first to leave, but I figure she's good until at least the middle of the show. I noticed this is the second time Tony's given his partner a little solo to start their dance off with. I'm happy for Tony, as he's usually designated the nutcases and the terrible dancers with horrible attitudes. I liked his comment last night to Brooke about it being awhile since the judges liked anything of his, and also his showing Val support after their dance.

I liked their VW very much. Chynna is beautiful and she seems like she'll do well in the competition. I love Tony, and I'm very glad he didn't get a clunker this time.

FORT Fogey

I just can't help it -- I keep on forgetting that Chynna Phillips is on the show this season, and when I read comments about Chyna dancing, I think of the women pro-wrestler and wonder when she was added to the cast!

Quote Originally Posted by GoingInCircles View Post
    I liked their VW very much. Chynna is beautiful and she seems like she'll do well in the competition. I love Tony, and I'm very glad he didn't get a clunker this time.
    I did as well.She's very elegant.

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    I just can't help it -- I keep on forgetting that Chynna Phillips is on the show this season, and when I read comments about Chyna dancing, I think of the women pro-wrestler and wonder when she was added to the cast!
    Too funny, the same exact thing happened to me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast