+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By KatesMom

Thread: Metta World Peace (Ron Artest) & Peta Murgatroyd: Season 13

Metta World Peace (Ron Artest) & Peta Murgatroyd: Season 13

Ron Artest: LA LAKER

Pro: Peta Murgatroyd

Los Angeles Lakers forward Ron Artest is also a rapper. Yes, a rapper. The 31-year-old Queens, NY native released an album called "My World" in 2006, followed by a mix tape called "Ball'n" in 2011. In July 2009, Artest signed a five-year, $33 million deal with the L.A. Lakers, after one season with the Houston Rockets. The outspoken player was involved in a 2004 brawl with the Detroit Pistons, Indiana Pacers and their fans, when Artest (then a member of the Pacers), entered the crowd after a drink was thrown at him from the stands.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Ron Artest & Peta Murgatroyd: Season 13

I remember that brawl-doesn't seem like it was that long ago. Never heard of Ron, but that's not unusual when it comes to the athletes on here. I've heard various things about him from people who are familiar with him, so I guess I'll have to wait and see. Excited to see Peta as a new addition, and I also hope she's not a one time pro. Judging from their pictures together, looks like it's another Rick Fox/Cheryl Burke pairing as far as height is concerned.

Well this is where my preshow loyalty lies! Hopefully he dances well as he is one of the very few that I am looking forward to seeing this season.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

So next week we'll be hearing 'dancing the cha cha cha...Metta World Peace and Peta Murgatroyd'

Other Sports | Ron Artest of Los Angeles Lakers officially changes name to Metta World Peace | NBA | Seattle Times Newspaper

Ron Artest of Los Angeles Lakers officially changes name to Metta World Peace | NBA
    A court commissioner granted a request by Ron Artest to officially change his name to Metta World Peace on Friday, three weeks after the bid was blocked because the Los Angeles Lakers' forward had unpaid traffic tickets. Patricia Kelly, a court spokeswoman, said the 31-year-old Artest's new last name will be World Peace.

His publicist, Courtney Barnes, said the player chose Metta as a first name because it is a traditional Buddhist word that means loving and kindness toward all.

"Changing my name was meant to inspire and bring youth together all around the world," World Peace said in a statement released after the hearing. "After this short delay, my tickets have been paid and I'm glad that it is now official."

Irony is his new middle name.

Ok, was I the only one when he walked out last night who thought there was a switch and Dennis Rodman was dancing? I didn't think he danced very well. That being said, I at least thought he didn't have a terrible attitude (like Master P) and think his fans and the NBA will keep him in for at least a few episodes.
    lilcountriegal likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    Ok, was I the only one when he walked out last night who thought there was a switch and Dennis Rodman was dancing? I didn't think he danced very well. That being said, I at least thought he didn't have a terrible attitude (like Master P) and think his fans and the NBA will keep him in for at least a few episodes.
    Nope, that was my first thought, too. He changed his name, and maybe he thought he'd get more votes if he channeled Dennis. I thought they were the worst of the night, and overscored slightly. I had such high hopes for Peta, but I feel bad sometimes for the newer pros. They often have more to prove as it is, and need to find their groove in the show. It's why I wish TPTB would give some of them more than once chance. I really think Ron is at a disadvantage having a partner so much smaller than him. But I'm not sure that would really matter. I think he should be the one to go tonight, but I think he'll squeak by to next week. I did think his intro piece was touching about doing this for his daughter, who battled cancer. I heard he's giving the money he earns from this to a cancer charity. I do agree he at least had a good attitude, as he probably got one of the worst critiques of the night. We'll see if that carries over.

Who is John Galt?

Re: Metta World Peace (Ron Artest) & Peta Murgatroyd: Season 13

Ewww - just ewww! Bad dancer and I can't understand a word he says. Just the fact that he changed his name to Metta World Peace said it all.

Very strange guy. Why did he keep messing with the rim of his hat. Maybe nerves. He just gave a check for $40,000 to some education organizations in Indianapolis yesterday so maybe he is trying to change his image.

Their elimination was odd. Peta looked crushed, but Ron was all smiles and cheers. For a second, I thought maybe he misunderstood and thought he was safe. Poor Peta. I hope she gets another chance next season, with a partner that she can prove what she can really do. I would have liked to have seen her with J.R. or David.

From a distance, it was hard to tell her and Lacey apart. Their hair was the exact same color. During the pro number I kept mixing them up.

+ Reply to Thread