+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Ricki Lake & Derek Hough: Season 13

Ricki Lake & Derek Hough: Season 13

Ricki Lake: Talk Show Host; Actress

Pro: Derek Hough

While "Ricki Lake" ran for eleven seasons, the show's host chose family over work when the series wrapped in 2004. Ricki Lake has been out of the spotlight in recent years, only appearing on the occasional television show ("King of the Hill," "Drop Dead Diva") and the 2007 remake of "Hairspray" (she played the original Tracy Turnblad in 1988). The 42-year-old is set to return to her talk show host duties in 2012, thanks to a recent deal with Twentieth Television. On Aug. 11, Lake used Twitter to announce her engagement to fiancé, Christian Evans.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Ricki Lake & Derek Hough: Season 13

I like Ricki-she's been on my wish list for awhile. I don't dislike Derek, but I really don't want to see him win yet again. At least he'll finally win with a partner I like, though, if it does happen. I don't know if Ricki will still have any experience from her Hairspray days, but I wouldn't be surprised if she's somewhat good and improves over time. She'll probably have a sizeable fanbase, combined with his.

LOVE Ricki! And yay, Derek's back!

I'm glad she got him, he'll push her to work harder without all the drama. Definitely rooting for both of them.
    Shoepie, JavaJo and Fanny Mare like this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

I'm so glad that Derek is back! It's just not the same without him.

I hope Ricki Lake does well!
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Another huge Derek fan here, I hope he really pushes Ricki. He's a very very good dancer/choreographer

Another Derek Hough fan here.
    I'm so looking forward to the 2 of them.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Ohhh I guess I'm the outcast here. Im anti-Derek Hough!!!!!! Of course he gets another partner that has experience of dancing. I'm already prepared to see him in the finals ew. Cant they ever give him someone that will challenge him for Once??? I was hoping they would give him Nancy Grace

You aren't in the minority. I would say it is about half and half. I don't like him either.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I don't dislike Derek, but I'm bored of him always doing well, and find him, his choreography, and his partners overrated. I don't think he's any better or worse than the other pros. Once they give him a partner like Kate Gosselin, and he turns that into a dancer, than I'll be impressed! I don't care if his partners have had ballroom dance experience or not. Nicole was already that good when she came in, just like Jennifer. And just like past dance training (or in some cases athletics) helped the likes of Mel B, Joey Fatone, Sabrina Bryan, and Kristi Yamaguchi. But even some of them had obvious flaws the judges called out. CA and Bruno seem to be in love. I really hope a new pro wins this year. And that we have a Hough/Ballas free finale. But I feel like most pros on this show have become polarizing to some degree. There doesn't seem to be much in between, people either like them or don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Daisoo View Post
    Ohhh I guess I'm the outcast here. Im anti-Derek Hough!!!!!! Of course he gets another partner that has experience of dancing. I'm already prepared to see him in the finals ew. Cant they ever give him someone that will challenge him for Once??? I was hoping they would give him Nancy Grace

I thought she would be better with Maks, give him a challenge for a change.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast