+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 19 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: *Dancing With the Stars Season 13 (Fall) News & Speculation*

*Dancing With the Stars Season 13 (Fall) News & Speculation*

Not sure where to post this - Melissa Gilbert will be on next season!

EXCLUSIVE: MELISSA GILBERT SLOW WALTZ TO DIVORCE - National Enquirer

FORT Fogey

*Dancing With the Stars Season 13 (Fall) News & Speculation*

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    Not sure where to post this - Melissa Gilbert will be on next season!

EXCLUSIVE: MELISSA GILBERT SLOW WALTZ TO DIVORCE - National Enquirer
    Wonder if this means they'll also try to get Alison Arngrim (Nellie Olsen), who's said she'd be willing to do the show. They're friends (always have been) and it would be hysterical to see the two of them in the same cast.

I've seen MG in Little House on the Prairie: The Musical. I didn't think that much of her voice (though as Ma Ingalls, she really didn't sing that much anyway), but she held her own in the dance numbers she was asked to do, though she was a bit out of breath after the very big, fast dance number involved in the curtain call. I really respected the fact that the touring company worked on Habitat for Humanity houses in every stop on the tour and were donating part of the proceeds from the tour to Habitat for Humanity and Seeing Eye for the Blind, which trains guide dogs.

Of course, this is the National Enquirer too. I'll be more confident about this casting when I see it confirmed by a more reliable source. In the past, MG has always turned down DWTS.
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 05-31-2011 at 11:49 PM.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: *Dancing With the Stars Season 13 (Fall) News & Speculation*

I'll throw in some names heavily rumored for this past season, but who didn't turn up on the final roster: Lorenzo Lamas, Faye Dunaway, and Jodie Sweetin. Lee Merriwether may finally get on. She's been wanting to do the show forever, and every season there's a twitter campaign to get her on. I hope this means they don't bring Corky back

I'm glad the AI tour is going on then, otherwise I'd be worried the show would decide to cast Pia and pair her with her boyfriend (if they're still dating then) Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    I'll throw in some names heavily rumored for this past season, but who didn't turn up on the final roster: Lorenzo Lamas, Faye Dunaway, and Jodie Sweetin. Lee Merriwether may finally get on. She's been wanting to do the show forever, and every season there's a twitter campaign to get her on. I hope this means they don't bring Corky back

I'm glad the AI tour is going on then, otherwise I'd be worried the show would decide to cast Pia and pair her with her boyfriend (if they're still dating then) Mark.
    If Ashly can dance with Buzz, why does Corky need to come on to dance with the older ladies? Maks did great this season with Kirstie who was old enough to be his grandmother. PLEASE don't let s be subjected to Corky again. YUCK!

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama View Post
    If Ashly can dance with Buzz, why does Corky need to come on to dance with the older ladies? Maks did great this season with Kirstie who was old enough to be his grandmother. PLEASE don't let s be subjected to Corky again. YUCK!
    I never understood that, either. Cheryl danced with Wayne Newton, who's in his 60s. And Buzz/Ashly, as you mentioned. I had been so excited to see Ashly return, too. I see no reason why the other male pros can't partner the older females. It's no less skeevy than seeing the young pros/older males together. And Corky's just a perv. He does his partners no justice. I can't even believe Florence requested him. I don't always like to blame the pros for their partners downfall, but Florence would have probably down better with someone else. Having Mark and Corky together? Blech.

The Clicker - 'Teen Mom' Maci wants to go 'Dancing With the Stars'

Remember Kate Gosselin’s transition from television's “Plus 8” mom to “Dancing With the Stars’ season 10 competitor? Well now there’s another reality TV mom hoping to make the leap from on-screen diaper duty to glamorous getups on the dance floor.

According to US Weekly, “Teen Mom” star Maci Bookout has ballroom ambitions.

“(Maci is) hoping she’ll get asked to be on ‘Dancing With the Stars,’” an insider told the magazine.
    Wasn't Maci in the audience when Bristol was on?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama View Post
    I've never understood why they think they have to drag Corky back on whenever there's an older female contestant either. As you rightly pointed out, Maks and Kirstie worked out perfectly fine. And the older men never have to have an older female partner.

For that matter, even if they did feel compelled to match older female contestants with older pros, why does it always have to be Corky? Surely there must be other older male pros out there who could do a better job (or at least make people less uncomfortable watching him).

Well, if 80 yr. old Buzz Aldrin can dance with a woman who could be his granddaughter or great grandaughter, then there's no reason why the 80 yr. old women can't dance with a guy who could be their grandson.

Corky Ballas is my least favorite dancer on this show ever.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Oh no. When will we stop getting infected by that diseased, idiotic show?
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln

Why would they do that to her (Ashley?) Don't they know she will be pilloried in the press as a ringer? She is already a pro in hip hop/jazz numbers - being an instructor at a dance school. You should have seen that girl move with Jabbawockeez during the Vegas episode. Plus she choreographed the flash mob dance this past week. She does not, to my knowledge, have any ballroom background...but you know that won't matter to the ardent fans.

Actually, she would be a better candidate for SYTYCD, but that is another network.

ETA: Personally I would love to see her and Derek Freestyle together. They would be a good match.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 06-08-2011 at 06:18 PM.
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 19 1234567891011 ... LastLast