+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: *Dancing With the Stars Season 13 (Fall) News & Speculation*

Re: *Dancing With the Stars Season 13 (Fall) News & Speculation*

I can't imagine the producers thinking we would rather have Lacey or Karina than Chelsie. Everyone has their fans, but it appears that Chelsie is one of the more popular pros and less polarizing than the other two. Karina has been better (less annoying and sour) the past two seasons and I don't mind her too much, but I read so many negative comments about Lacey that it's hard to believe she has a huge fanbase. Glad Anna is back but not thrilled overall with the cast.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama View Post
    I can't imagine the producers thinking we would rather have Lacey or Karina than Chelsie. Everyone has their fans, but it appears that Chelsie is one of the more popular pros and less polarizing than the other two. Karina has been better (less annoying and sour) the past two seasons and I don't mind her too much, but I read so many negative comments about Lacey that it's hard to believe she has a huge fanbase. Glad Anna is back but not thrilled overall with the cast.
    If the cast list turns out to be true, and the names who haven't been rumored aren't any better (possibly worse), I feel like they need to re-name this season 'Dancing with the Non-Stars Who Are Only Famous Because of Their Families and/or Significant Others'. Elizabeth may be a famous model and actress in Italy, and well known there for more than being George Clooney's ex. And she seems to have the story line of what DWTS cast for: no names, has beens, or people who want to make their own name for themselves and not be associated by their family or exes. Maybe that's Rob Kardashian's motive. That whole show and media attention is about his sisters. I'll admit, while I'm not a Karina fan, I have always enjoyed her dancing and choreography. In fact, I think she is the best choreographer on the show, male or female. It's why I tend to enjoy when she gets partners that aren't clunking around the floor. But I wouldn't miss her if she was gone. While I believe all the drama surrounding her break up with Maks is done and over with, it might be interesting having his brother around. It'd be interesting having all 3 of them in the finals together. As for Lacey, I wish she'd make like Julianne and leave to go pursue her music (which, like the Ballas Brat Pack, is her first true love, not dancing). I can only hope she gets another early exit. She's never done anything for me on this show, and I think she likes to feed her own ego and status worse than Mark. I'll never understand why they've kept her as long as they have when they've had other pros to pick from. My feeling on Chelsie, and possibly why Louis isn't back, is maybe they didn't have the right partner for her this season Louis now has 2 other short male pros to compete with for the shorter female celebs, as Maks, Tony, and I'm thinking now Val and Tristan can partner the taller ones. So maybe none of the male celebs were short enough for Chelsie. I remember how awkward it looked when Rick Fox danced with Cheryl. And Cheryl's a little taller than Chelsie! She's an absolute joy to watch, and given what she's had as partners, has done really well in turning duds into dancers (or as close to dancers as Ty Murray and Louie Vito became). I pitied her when she got stuck with Jake and Bolton, and was hoping last season she'd finally make it to the finals. A Hough/Ballas free finale didn't hurt season 9, so I don't see why TPTB think we need to have at least one of them there every season.

I can only think that some of the rumored names aren't true, and that the bigger names aren't being revealed just yet. The pros were supposed to start rehearsals today, so probably by Monday we'll have the cast almost figured out. If the names aren't better than what's been revealed, it's going to be a loooong season. Should be interesting how they'd try and spin it into something good. I don't even think whose been rumored would draw ratings for train wreck potential.

ETA: DWTS Gossip has a link to TMZ saying David Arquette has signed on and is partnered with Kym. Hmm...don't really care for him. Didn't like how he was spilling the beans about his break up with Courtney Cox. I'm still calling Christina Milan winning this season.

David Arquette Signs On for "Dancing with the Stars" | TMZ.com
    Last edited by karalott; 08-25-2011 at 01:37 PM.

Have no idea if this is true - but our local news was reporting Ron Artest, Shaquille O'Neal and Queen Latifah as being a part of the cast this morning. They also said Snooki is a no.

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    Have no idea if this is true - but our local news was reporting Ron Artest, Shaquille O'Neal and Queen Latifah as being a part of the cast this morning. They also said Snooki is a no.
    I could see Ron and Shaq. QL has said she is not doing the show, but maybe I can dream that she's being told to say that by producers. She'd definitely qualify as an A-lister, and probably the biggest star the show has ever gotten. Of course, I was hoping she'd be partnered with Maks, but maybe she can get Val or Tony (lord knows he deserves someone good for a change). I don't know if they'd have 2 basketball players on the same season, but they already have 2 reality stars, and 3 people that are really only famous for connections (assuming the rumors are true).

I actually like David Arquette, what I'm seen of him. I hope he'd bring the funny and not the raunchy. IF that rumor of him being paired with Kym is true, I don't see any way either of the basketball players could be on. Kym's the tallest pro, and if they didn't give her to Shaq or Ron A. that would be wonky.

PureDWTS is reporting that a couple of DJs are saying Henry Winkler is on, and Entertainment Tonight reported on Ryan O'Neal. I would be fine with either one of those two.

With the rumored cast, there are really only a few I'm not looking forward too: Chaz, Rob K, Snooki and Christina Milian. I have always liked Christina Milian in her acting, but I just know she'll end up with Derek or Mark, and that will make me hate her. Sorry, its just. not. fair. From this cast (rumored) she would have by far the most dancing experience, I dont' care if it's ballroom or not. Plus she'd be one of the youngest. Its so blatant how the producers play favorites with Hough and Ballas. Now, if somehow she ends up with someone else, I will judge what I see.

Quote Originally Posted by RyMac View Post
    I actually like David Arquette, what I'm seen of him. I hope he'd bring the funny and not the raunchy. IF that rumor of him being paired with Kym is true, I don't see any way either of the basketball players could be on. Kym's the tallest pro, and if they didn't give her to Shaq or Ron A. that would be wonky.

PureDWTS is reporting that a couple of DJs are saying Henry Winkler is on, and Entertainment Tonight reported on Ryan O'Neal. I would be fine with either one of those two.

With the rumored cast, there are really only a few I'm not looking forward too: Chaz, Rob K, Snooki and Christina Milian. I have always liked Christina Milian in her acting, but I just know she'll end up with Derek or Mark, and that will make me hate her. Sorry, its just. not. fair. From this cast (rumored) she would have by far the most dancing experience, I dont' care if it's ballroom or not. Plus she'd be one of the youngest. Its so blatant how the producers play favorites with Hough and Ballas. Now, if somehow she ends up with someone else, I will judge what I see.
    I realized Kym has had 2 partners named David, and she didn't fare well with either one. David Hasselhoff couldn't dance but was still a surprising first ouster (I figured his had a bigger fan base, plus the potential for a few good weeks of comedy gold would keep him in), and then there was David Alan Grier. Not a horrible dancer, but not a fantastic one, and had a horrible attitude. I guess after Kym won she's due a potential challenge, but I wish the producers would be equal about that with everyone. If Derek gets Christina, just give him the trophy week 1. In fact, I figure give whoever gets her the trophy because she's probably going to win. I really hope Derek and Mark both gets duds. I know Derek has his fans, but I really don't feel like seeing him get yet another ringer (I figure any pro can come up with the routines Derek has if they had the partners he's gotten), and coasting to another win in a boring, unpredictable finale and gush fest loved season by CA and Bruno (I think both have fangirl/boy crushes on him). In fact, I really hope there's competition this season and that it's not predictable. If the rumors are true, I think Rob is an early exit, and Christina is a lock for the finals. Hope could go either way. Same with Elizabeth, but lack of name recognition might hurt her, unless she pulls a Gilles and wows the audience. Chyna Phillips might be good and have rhythm, but again, lack of fan base might hurt her. Aside from Wilson Phillips I don't recall much of anything she's done. Chaz Bono could be polarizing and make it farther than he should or go out early. Either way, I like Chaz, but hope there's not a lot of drama surrounding his casting. I don't care much for Ryan O'Neal (I've heard his name in the past). Henry Winkler would be fun

Per DWTS Gossip: Tony has Chyna Phillips as a partner, and they say Tristan is going to Atlanta to meet his. If it's true about Kristin and Elizabeth, I'm thinking Mark has Kristin (or Christina), and Val might have Elizabeth. Still sticking with Derek and Christina. I think Elizabeth would be too tall for him or Mark And we know Maks and Hope Solo are most likely paired, as well as David Arquette and Kym. It would be kind of funny, to have all of these casting rumors and partnerships apparently set in stone and practically confirmed, and it turns out everyone was off. I like Chyna, so I hope she's a good partner for Tony. At least I don't see her being the headcase that Kate or Wendy was. And hopefully she's a better dancer.

Go Chelsie Kaye!

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama View Post
    My sister runs Chelsie's official website and there is a woman who is obsessed with Chelsie and Lacey both. She ran Lacey's official website and begged my sister to let her be an admin and help with Chelsie's. About a year ago, my sister said something negative about Lacey to this woman and she suddenly stopped helping and defriended her on FB. Recently she sent her another friend request with an apology and said she no longer cares for Lacey and isn't helping her with her website anymore and that my sister was right. She is such a B****! She even ran off her biggest fan!

Quote Originally Posted by Iwatch4Chelsie View Post
    My sister runs Chelsie's official website and there is a woman who is obsessed with Chelsie and Lacey both. She ran Lacey's official website and begged my sister to let her be an admin and help with Chelsie's. About a year ago, my sister said something negative about Lacey to this woman and she suddenly stopped helping and defriended her on FB. Recently she sent her another friend request with an apology and said she no longer cares for Lacey and isn't helping her with her website anymore and that my sister was right. She is such a B****! She even ran off her biggest fan!
    I know all the pros have their fans and detractors, just like Lacey. But I've never seen it with her, and think she's been the worst edition to the show. Her choreography is bland and very much about her. I know she was originally put in the 'ballroom rebel' slot, but she can't even do that convincingly. She doesn't bring any sort of controversy, drama, or fun free spirited energy. I think she does have a fairly sour attitude. I remember for season 9, when they did the 2 seperate opening numbers with the guys and girls. Louis choreographed for the guys and did fantastic; I can barely remember Lacey's number she put together for the girls. It just seemed like a lot of posing, jumping, leaping, and staring directly into the camera. Seems like she always has to make sure she's looking right at it. That stood out from her jive last season with Mike. I've heard she wasn't well liked behind the scenes of SYTYCD, but maybe someone who watches that show knows different. I am hoping this is only a temporary break from Chelsie. I don't mind bringing in new pros, but I hate losing favorite ones, especially if they want to do it. Though if this season is the boring trainwreck that I'm thinking, maybe it's for the best where Chelsie's concerned.

And speaking of a boring trainwreck of a season, another casting rumor: Kim Richards News - EXCLUSIVE: Kim Richards on 'Dancing with the Stars' - Celebuzz

Interesting that this is the season they put out a press release saying they want A-listers, no D-listers, no reality stars, big names who have more to their resume than being a tabloid train wreck reality star jail bird. And yet, if the rumors are to be believed, we have 3 reality stars (one of whom is really only famous for his family), the token ringer, the token model, the token person who may actually be considered an A-lister (I guess) when lined up with everyone else, the token girl/boy bander who won't be the ringer, the token potential soft spot, and the token athletes that aren't known unless you follow their sport and team specifically (I may be wrong on Ron Artest but I've never heard of him). So bringing the casting rumors up to date, if they're true, we have on our roster Chaz Bono, David Arquette (partnered with Kym), Rob Kardashian, Ron Artest, potentially Ryan O'Neal, Henry Winkler, and Shaquille O'Neal (I'm guessing no on Henry based on past comments he's made, and probably no on Shaq since I can't see them having 2 basketball players in one season), Christina Milan (likely partnered with Derek), Kristin Cavallri, Elizabeth Callis (sp?), Chyna Phillips (partnered with Tony), Hope Solo (partnered with Maks), and now Kim Richards. That would be our line up on the girls side if it's true. I don't know, not overly excited if this is the actual list, but I guess it has potential. I'll be fine if Mark and Lacey are the first two gone and the two Chmerkovskiy's last until the end, maybe even win (fat chance, I know, but I can dream).
    Last edited by karalott; 08-26-2011 at 12:58 AM.

All these rumors flying are crazy town! Its so hard to separate the ones that might be real from the ones that are completely ridiculous. I just can't see how the show would put out the press release about A-Listers then have Rob K, Chaz, Elizabetta, Kim Richards, Kristin (even thought I love her), all on the same show. And possibly Snooki, too. Its just so weird!

Anyway, I was reading through DWTS Gossip's tweets, and someone asked if since Tristan was going to ATL to meet his partner did she (?) think it was a real housewife of ATL. She said no, housewives weren't wanted, and maybe it was a recording artist. This makes me thinks (A) Kim Richards rumor is false (B) Tristan could be getting Milian, which would make me happy. I don't dislike Derek, I just hate him getting unfair advantages. If he had anyone OTHER THAN Christina Milian I would probably root for him. Just like if he'd had anyone other than Jennifer Grey or Nicole S in their seasons I would have rooted for them. I hated Joanna Krupa from whatever that show was she was on, SuperStars? The one Maks won? So couldn't root for them. Didn't like Shannon Elizabeth's attitude. But in Brooke's season and Jennie Garth's season, I actually DID root for Derek a little. He wasn't my favorite, but I wasn't against him.

I'm happy with the Chyna/Tony pairing if that's true. Y'all know I love me some Tony, and Chynna seems sweet and maybe she has rythym. I don't know about Hope/Maks. I'm worried for reasons I've stated before. I just don't see her lasting long unless she's an awesome dancer. I wish Kristin would get Val, I bet they could be hot together if she lets loose. She's a very pretty girl with a rocking body and she's fun a lot of the time. She has her moments, but she's mostly pretty care free and laid back. But he might be getting Elizabetta due to height. Now that I think about it, Tristan couldn't possibly have Kristin or Elizabetta if he went to ATL (I don't think) so he would have to have Milian. Right? See why I say this is SO CONFUSING!!!!

+ Reply to Thread