+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 37 FirstFirst ... 19202122232425262728293031323334353637 LastLast

Thread: 5/24 Finals Part 2 Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 5/24 Finals Part 2 Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me View Post
    IMO this was one of the most boring finale's ever. Last night night was ok, but it felt rushed because they only had an hour to get both dances in. Tonight I was reminded how predictable this show has become. I knew Hines would win a long time ago, but it makes me sick Maks fell just short of winning for the first time.
    There is way too much filler. I heard on E! before the show that Hines and Kirstie were close in score and the top two. That made me sit up and pay attention, knowing that Kirstie had a shot.

Chelsea was the best dancer of the lot but the push to vote for Hines by many, so Mark would not win, may have worked. Kirstie probably could have won had this push been toward her. I dont know how many voters felt the same way about Mark as many on this board did but it looks like it. These are my thoughts anway.

We are a drinking town with a football problem. I said at the beginning of the season that Hines would capture the fans with that smile. He is truly a wonderful person & does alot for the community. Although, I believed that Ralph was the best dancer, his injury may have been his downfall. Chelsea's freestyle was full of flaws, she stood by waiting for Mark to pick her up & throw her around. I did not like Mark's attitude& yes, I did see him shoot the finger after he did not like the judge's comments. I replayed it to make sure. He acted like a spoiled child. Kirstie was good but not as consistent as Hines. Of course, I voted for Hines but did throw votes to Ralph early in the season. Steeler nation is not just a Pittsburgh thing, it's known worldwide. You can find a terrible towel in a little pub somewhere in Ireland & there is a Steeler bar in Italy. In almost every city, you can find a Steeler bar filled with the Steeler nation.
    Welcome to the party
    Team Ward

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    They blurred out when Kym's neck hit the floor. Didn't show Bruno's controversial p**** comment.
    Could someone enlighten me please?

FORT Fogey

I like Hines and love Kym, but correct me if I am wrong but the only pros to have won are

Mark Ballas
    Derek and Julliane Hough
    Cheryl Burke
    Kym Johnson

I would love to see Maks, Karina, Tony, Chelsea, Ashly win now. I am sick of the same pros winning season after season.

I really wanted a Maks/Kirstie win but I'm okay with Hines/Kym winning.

I may be the only one to say this...but I'm so glad the season is over. Now to catch up the million and one things I need to do that I've put off this season....
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

This was my first ever season of DWTS - all thanks to HINES WARD. Unless they come up with another athlete for whom I have as much respect (I'm thinking Jerome Bettis!), I probably won't watch again.

That being said, I enjoyed the opportunity to watch Hines do something outside the box. However, I don't know how the true fans of the show watch it season after season. Way too much filler and fluff.

Give me So You Think You Can Dance anytime.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl View Post
    DWTS is not a professional dance competition, it's entertainment , If I want to watch a real dance show I can turn on PBS and watch one of their ballroom dance shows. That's when the rules matter. I can complain if the competitors don't follow the rules but aren't held accountable.
    You are correct - it is an entertainment program rather than a professional dance competition. If it was a professional competition, you might have a case that Mark and Chelsea should have won. But as it turns out, people don't appear to be entertained by Mark, so they aren't voting for his whiny, entitled ass and his partner loses out because of it.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl View Post
    Really? That's interesting-I hadn't considered Steelers fans would be that pumped up about this show, that's amazing that they are so passionate getting him the mirror ball.
    The Steeler nation is very competitive, even outside of football. I think their jerseys and logos are second or third to the Raiders and Dallas Cowboy logos as far as sales outside their own area. I personally am not a huge fan of their team, but last year's superbowl did make me warm up to them a little bit.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    Aww Redsoxgirl, it's gotta be tough to be one of a few who like a reality show contestant and it seems like everyone is against you. You wrote some very great posts and kept it very respectful. Brava to you!
    Seriously. To go against the grain ain't easy. And, I am constantly amazed at how all of us interpret things so differently and even more amazed at the endless array of conspiracy theories surrounding these types of shows.

Seems as if DWTS is the hardest hit with these kinds of things for whatever reason.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    I'm thinking that's it, too, but way to make it even more obvious they're trying to cover up what happened. The WTA and Bruno's out of line comment will forever be etched into viewer's minds this season. Sadly, I don't think Bruno or the producers think there's anything wrony with his antics. I'm sure that's one reason the producers want the couples talking back to the judges (aside from the fact it'll create media buzz and ratings drama). They can turn it around that the couple stepped over the line and the judge was justified in calling them out for being a sore loser. I saw an interview with Bruno on EXTRA where he said it was caused by a 'language barrier' and that they more or less needed to suck it up and deal with it.

Given Bruno's penchant for sexual innuendo, and the fact that he's obviously been living and working in the U.S. for some time, I have a hard time believing it was just a "language barrier" issue, but even if that were the case, the polite, gentlemanly thing would be to apologize anyway. He could simply say that he did not realize how his remark might have been taken and that he apologized for offending Karina or other women in the audience, whether in the the theater or at home. Telling them to more or less suck it up and deal with it implies that he thinks there's nothing wrong with what he said, even now that he understands how Karina and the audience took his comment. That makes him and the show look bad, and I'm surprised Disney, with its supposedly squeaky clean image, would stand for it, especially after the show received complaints about it, which we know they did, because people here complained on the show's website. If Bruno had apologized, he would have looked like a gentleman, the show would have looked like it cared that women were insulted by his remark, and the whole thing would have likely been over and done with, while pretending it didn't happen just reminds everyone that it did.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 05-25-2011 at 07:30 PM.

+ Reply to Thread