+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: 5/24 Finals Part 2 Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

FORT Regular

Re: 5/24 Finals Part 2 Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl View Post
    Really? That's interesting-I hadn't considered Steelers fans would be that pumped up about this show, that's amazing that they are so passionate getting him the mirror ball.
    I'm not going to lie- I'm a little shocked, too. But seeing the fb and twitter posts week after week and hearing about the parties tonight, they clearly became very passionate about it (and I don't see them watching again next year unless they get Troy Polamalu or someone else to dance). It also didn't hurt that all of the other players were facebooking and tweeting and encouraging people to watch and vote.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    Aww Redsoxgirl, it's gotta be tough to be one of a few who like a reality show contestant and it seems like everyone is against you. You wrote some very great posts and kept it very respectful. Brava to you!
    Thank you. I was considering taking up drinking at various points throughout the season it was like "ooh, I have this horrible secret, horrible because i can't share it..."My name is Red Sox Girl and I like Mark's Dancing." And crap, now I have to defend him! Nooooooo! Thank God I have the summer to recover because it's been one heck of a job and I think at the very least he owes me 30% of his paycheck
    "Remember, sometimes your`buddy' isn't really your `buddy'." - Donny

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny1229 View Post
    I'm not going to lie- I'm a little shocked, too. But seeing the fb and twitter posts week after week and hearing about the parties tonight, they clearly became very passionate about it (and I don't see them watching again next year unless they get Troy Polamalu or someone else to dance). It also didn't hurt that all of the other players were facebooking and tweeting and encouraging people to watch and vote.
    I'm thinking now, say a Patriots player was on the show, they would probably get crazy mad votes thrown their way, too. The fan base for sports is rabid in Boston. so I could see that happening here. Now, I have to check out the Pittsburgh sites.Who knew?
    "Remember, sometimes your`buddy' isn't really your `buddy'." - Donny

Aww. Poor Maks! So close and yet so far.
    I loved watching M/K all season. Their relationship and her improvement each week was a joy to watch. She really became a dancer!
    (okay, I confess, I love watching Maks any season...)
    That was a strange final speech. He is probably physically and emotionally drained. I hope he takes some time, recharges and comes back next year with a decent partner.

But I can't be too disappointed that Hines won. He was charming, yet humble. His dancing did improve over the course of the season.
    Count me among those that are glad that M/C came in third. It is too bad that Chelsea got caught up in Mark's tantrums and the producer's manipulations. I hope that someone - Mark, the producers - realizes that his attitude and their machinations are doing more harm than good.

So, once M/C were announced as third place, I knew I would be happy with either Kirstie or Hines as winner.
    I may have been pulling for Kirste and especially Maks, but Hines is a deserving winner.

football fans, we are rabid about our favorite players or teams! The Steeler Nation is huge and not just in PA. I am a not a steeler fan but happen to think Hines is HOtttttt!lol
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl View Post
    I'm thinking now, say a Patriots player was on the show, they would probably get crazy mad votes thrown their way, too. The fan base for sports is rabid in Boston. so I could see that happening here. Now, I have to check out the Pittsburgh sites.Who knew?
    It's the top story on PittsburghLive which is affiliated with the Tribune Review. I'm definitely not saying that the overwhelming popularity contest was ok, but I think the Hines love carried a lot more weight in the voting than the Mark hatred so I hope that makes you feel a little less crazy in your support for Mark

At the beginning of the season when I heard Hines was on the show I made a comment that as long as he's half decent at dancing, the fanbase will carry him to the end. People say that Pittsburgh is a "drinking town with a football problem" and DWTS gave Steeler fans something to drink for and celebrate in the off season...
    Last edited by Jenny1229; 05-25-2011 at 01:06 AM. Reason: left out a word

One of my co-workers is a Steelers fan. We are 3/4 of the way across the country from Pittsburgh. She said she voted 30 times last night for Hines. She rarely watches reality shows in general, but watched and voted just because Hines is a Steeler.
    I know an anecdote of 1 is not data, but she is an example of rabid Steeler fandom.

Was sooooo happy that Maks and Kirstie made it to the final 2 over Mark and Chelsea. Hines winning was expected, even though I still had some hope that it would be Kirstie. Totally enjoyed watching her and Maks this season

I kind of suspected that Chelsea was going to be eliminated first when I heard Len's comments after she danced. He was talking about wishing her the best in her future etc. like he was saying goodbye to her then.
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I do know Steelers fans are very loyal and rabid. So I also figured they'd carry Hines far. Luckily he could dance and was a sweetheart. I would have hated to have another Bristol situation. I watched them on Jimmy Kimmel; he thanked them for winning him a lot of money, which Hines/Kym had no idea about. Hines said the video Jimmy posted a few weeks ago that spoofed his near arrest was what motivated him to win; Jimmy said Kirstie was probably behind it all to sabatoge him Kym seemed to laugh a lot that made me wonder if she was celebrating a little early. Jimmy said he was surprised no one else tried to pull a last minute injury stint to try and get sympathy. It was a nice interview, though I wish he'd have the other final 2 couples on.

I hope next season is as fun as this one started out to be. There's things I'd want to change: more consistant, fair judging, no gimmicks to ensure someone's exit/moving forward, no themes that make the dances suffer (not to mention our ears when the band butchers whatever song they're trying to sing), no ringers and more celebs without any baggage on even ground, more dances and just 2 dances a week. And I'm perfectly fine with the judges not having a final score in the finale. It was pointless tonight.

FORT Fan

I am so not a Steelers fan but I was rooting for Hines since week one. I am a huge NFL fan but the Steelers beat my Seahawks in the SB, and Hines was the MVP of the game. He totally won me over from the first show. It helps that Kym is one of my favorite pros.

I was just commenting earlier to Mr catzy wondering if the Seattle Seahawks would even care if Matt Hasselbeck (or any player from the team) was on DWTS. The support Hines and Kym got from Steeler Nation was amazing. I actually expect them to have a ticker tape parade for them. Part of me would even like to see it. I am so glad he won!

+ Reply to Thread