+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 37 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: 5/24 Finals Part 2 Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 5/24 Finals Part 2 Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl View Post
    Well, all you people who voted for Hines to keep Mark from winning got what you wanted.
    Totally undeserving and unworthy of a win. Totally.

Mark was undeserving and for once he was not rewarded!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal View Post
    I thought Maks was about to announce he wasn't reuturning next season. Poor guy can't win that freaking ugly trophy for the life of him.
    That's what I was thinking. It was an odd speech.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Poor Maks. He looked truly more disappointed than Kirstie. Always the groomsman, never the groom.

Tremendous credit goes to Maks for helping get her that far, however. Credit Kym for getting a non-dancer to the finals too.

Where's Hines' mom? I really wanted to see her up there with him.

Were the last comments from Maks about all ten of his partners a sign he is leaving? I know he meant well by referring to them as his trophies, but, um, perhaps not the best word choice when referring to women.
    Seems to be the case in his personal life, too, especially if his bachelor stint goes sour on love. Heard he picked someone and they got engaged, but they always do on our version, too. Maks deserves a lot of credit for working with Kirstie. They were amazing. So much fun, and despite all their mishaps, they kept on going. He put together some amazing routines and really brought a confident dancer out in her. He has a lot to be proud of. As I said, they're winners even though they didn't win.

So, next season, I hope we get a cast like this one. No controversial reality stars, tabloid fixtures, politicians or their offspring/mistresses, no ringers. Just a fun, cheesy, bubbly mixture. Except make it less obvious who will be in the finals week 3.

Did Mark really curse when he was called third? I can only imagine his attitude if he got to the final 2 and Hines was announced as the winner.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    That's what I was thinking. It was an odd speech.

Me too - hopefully he's just tired again. I couldn't watch this wretched show without Maks!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    While it may be true that not too many people knew who Chelsea was at the start of the show, the same can be said for Gilles Marini, Helio Castavedes, or Stacie Keebler, for example, in their seasons. Everyone knew who they were by the finals and had embraced their work on the show.
    You can throw Ty Murray in there too. I know he only made it to the final four, but honestly, how many people knew who he was?

I would guess Apollo Anton Ohno wasn't exactly a household name for anyone who's not into the Winter Olympics either. It's not like short track speed skating gets a lot of coverage.

Or, for an even more direct comparison, did all that many people outside of Disney viewers, know Kyle Massey last season?

Kirstie and Maks you were such a joy. From day one. But you were up against forces outside of your control. How wonderful it would have been to see you both hold up that mirror ball trophy. How right it would have been to see that.

Mark and Chelsea- you both put so much creativity into this and you made me care about this show. You made me want to watch for all the right reasons. I think it's great you won't compromise or change or give into the hatred and the negative comments based not on your talent but how you are perceived. I loved what you brought to the dance floor and appreciate your willingness to push the boundaries-art forms cannot stay static or they will die. Taking risks and thinking outside of the box are admirable things- I don't always agree with your choices, but I appreciate the effort.
    "Remember, sometimes your`buddy' isn't really your `buddy'." - Donny

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl View Post
    Well, all you people who voted for Hines to keep Mark from winning got what you wanted.
    Totally undeserving and unworthy of a win. Totally.
    You know, some people may have voted for Hines because they wanted him to win, not because they didn't want Mark to win. And for the record, I actually wasn't able to vote at all last night for anyone.

You can throw Ty Murray in there too. I know he only made it to the final four, but honestly, how many people knew who he was?

I would guess Apollo Anton Ohno wasn't exactly a household name for anyone who's not into the Winter Olympics either. It's not like short track speed skating gets a lot of coverage.

Or, for an even more direct comparison, did all that many people outside of Disney viewers, know Kyle Massey last season?
    I'd also throw in Brooke Burke. A lot of people had her confused with Brooke Burns when it was announced she was part of the season 7 cast. Cody Linely, Nicole Scherzinger, Helio Castroneves, Cristian de la Fuente...there's quite a few people that are never heard of and become huge fan favorites. I can't say it enough, but Gilles! Squee!

You know, some people may have voted for Hines because they wanted him to win, not because they didn't want Mark to win. And for the record, I actually wasn't able to vote at all last night for anyone.

That was me. Had it been Ralph, he would have gotten my votes, or Romeo. I vote for who I like, and while I don't split my votes often anymore so they count, I wouldn't go as far as voting for someone just so another person doesn't win. I'm just glad my votes paid off and Hines won.

Maks really looked crushed. Even more so than when he lost with Mel B, and it wasn't a given he was losing like season 4 with Laila or season 10 with Erin. I think he thought they had a chance. Maybe he knows this will be his last season, at least for now, and wanted the win.

And Mark finishing 3rd? Show how much BS was behind the WTA cha cha and that it really was put in to get him to the finals.
    Last edited by karalott; 05-24-2011 at 11:16 PM.

And I voted for Kirstie and Maks. Mark and Chelsea just didn't have the fan base that Hines and Kirstie had. And IMO they didn't deserve to win anyway. Mark consistently outdanced and tried to out shine his partner. He needs to take his solo show on the road

+ Reply to Thread