+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: 5/24 Finals Part 2 Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: 5/24 Finals Part 2 Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Of course there was a tie for first place. I want this night to be done. Mark needs to be more original next season, if he's back, and the judges need to start calling him out on overdancing his partners and having boring routines.

God CA, stay in your seat. You act like an idiotic teenager.

Kirstie deserved at least one 10. In response to the booing their scores got, Len says if the audience doesn't like their scores, vote for them. One problem tonight-the judges get the final say. And don't criticize in the future when someone gets voted off that was supposed to last longer.

I really wouldn't mind not seeing Mark, Lacey, and Dmitry back next season. Lacey, even though she was around one week, just bugs me. I don't like her or her attitude, plus her dancing and camera mugging. At least she fixed her hair.

I am just so tired of Mark ignoring whatever standards exist for certain styles of dance and just ad-libbing and mixing freestyle during the conventional dances and never getting called out for it. Even when Len makes a comment about the gimmicks, he doesn't lower his scores. Ugh, this is going to be a LONG 2 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    Of course there was a tie for first place. I want this night to be done. Mark needs to be more original next season, if he's back, and the judges need to start calling him out on overdancing his partners and having boring routines.

God CA, stay in your seat. You act like an idiotic teenager.

Kirstie deserved at least one 10.

ITA with everything you said.

I got more than tired LONG ago of Mark overdoing it.

I know he and Derek were/are homies/buds/aces/whatever, but I don't think I EVER recall anyone making the observation about him that he outdanced any of his partners.

Even and especially the ones that WEREN'T ringers.

ETA . . .

And Corky is just as bad, if not worse, somehow.

Maybe that's it . . .

The apple didn't fall too far from the tree?
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Marks needs to stop groping Chelsea. Ugh! He tries to hug her around her midsection, kiss her on the mouth...tugs on her.. Creepola!

Hi back at ya Ness! I also love the pro numbers, it's good to see all of them again. I actually like them all...yikes! Great to see Ralph and Romeo

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Quemoni View Post
    Marks needs to stop groping Chelsea. Ugh! He tries to hug her around her midsection, kiss her on the mouth...tugs on her.. Creepola!
    Agree with you completely. I mentioned this a few weeks back and don't care for his groping at all.

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    ITA with everything you said.

I got more than tired LONG ago of Mark overdoing it.

I know he and Derek were/are homies/buds/aces/whatever, but I don't think I EVER recall anyone making the observation about him that he outdanced any of his partners.

Even and especially the ones that WEREN'T ringers.
    I have my issues with Derek but he was much more tolerable and likeable than Mark. Now maybe if the judges ever came down on him really hard or whatever it might be different. But he got called out for doing a non-quickstep with Nicole, and got a 6 from Len, but didn't complain or gripe about it. He got it. He took a risk. He can do audience pleasing routines within the rules. Not that I think he's as good of a choreographer and teacher as everyone makes him out to be (I think anyone could do good with the partners he's had-why he's never had a partner on the Kate Gosselin/Wendy Williams level I'll never figure out). Mark? He's a poor man's Hough. I've seen pros, including my favorites, get all upset. Sometimes I think they're entitled to it, other times I don't. But none seem to pitch a fit like Mark, especially when he knowingly breaks the rules, gets called, and doesn't get his precious 10s. The producers have to fix the semi finals to get him into the finals. He's apparently not as big of a star as he thinks he is.

good lord this is awful from Black Eyed Peas, they are usually good

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    I have my issues with Derek but he was much more tolerable and likeable than Mark. Now maybe if the judges ever came down on him really hard or whatever it might be different. But he got called out for doing a non-quickstep with Nicole, and got a 6 from Len, but didn't complain or gripe about it. He got it. He took a risk. He can do audience pleasing routines within the rules. Not that I think he's as good of a choreographer and teacher as everyone makes him out to be (I think anyone could do good with the partners he's had-why he's never had a partner on the Kate Gosselin/Wendy Williams level I'll never figure out). Mark? He's a poor man's Hough.
    And therein lies Mark's basic problem. I think he knows this and it drives him nuts!

Not really that unpredictable of a season, CA. Especially if Mark wins. I will be a tad more surprised if Hines wins.

I love the BEP, but that sucked.

+ Reply to Thread