+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: 5/23 Finals Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: 5/23 Finals Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Dahlia97 View Post
    Thanks for the info. karalott.
    You're welcome.

No surprise Hines and Chelsea shared the top spot. They can't let someone else have it, but everyone saw it coming. I think if Mark just showed up he would have gotten a perfect 30 for his freestyle I don't like to watch their dances, but did for the freestyle. It was a disaster. I'm so over the 'we're young and hip and edgy' schtick. We get it, except the only thing true about that statement is they're young. When you try to hard to be hip and edgy, and try to make everyone believe you are, you wind up looking like Danny Tanner trying to rock out to The Who on Full House (love that show, and saw that episode recently ) That freestyle didn't deserve a 27, let alone a 30. I think 8s would have been generous. But, gotta keep Mark happy Since the judges scores were close tonight (no surprise), I worry that the scores tomorrow will decide who ends up winning. However the scores got ranked in the past determined the placements. And of course, we've never had a finale with a Ballas/Hough in it where they lost. Hopefully tomorrow is the first time.

When I saw Hines's freestyle, I might have worried it was going to be a confusing mess. But I loved it! And it's why I love Kym's freestyles. Loved hers with Joey and Warren especially, and Donny's was really good, too. It was original and entertaining, and didn't go too overboard with overdancing or gimmicks. Also loved their quick step. I enjoyed it even more than the first one. I have to say, in the past when the did the judges pick dance, it was usually a dance a couple struggled with and looked to improve on after all these weeks (I remember the conspiracy in season 5 of giving Helio a jive and Mel a cha cha). Funny that they seemed to give stars dances they excelled on earlier.

I adore Kirstie and did feel like she got the 'we like you, you did what we wanted, enjoy 3rd place' edit tonight. That was probably one of Maks's best freestyles, and deserved at least one freaking 10. She did a cartwheel at 60 for pete's sake. Give her some credit that she can still move with the best of them. Kirstie's what this show is all about for me, so I'd love the little troll to go out in third, and have a Hines/Kirstie final 2. At that point I'd be happy with either one winning. Kirstie winning would be a great surprise, and a great ending to the season. She's more than earned her spot in the finals. She looks amazing, and she and Maks have been an absolute joy to watch.

I hope to god the producers don't meddle with the results tomorrow to get the outcome they want. Them trying to appeal to the younger demo, perhaps giving the first Disney star/corporate plug a win, is going to be just as bad as what they pulled last week. And it's as old as Mark trying to act like he's cool.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Anyone have the phone # for Kym/Hines? (I can't watch now, but I can call on two lines.)

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    No, Marie's dolls are cute - her outfit in that dance ranks as one of the worst in the show's history, and the dance was also just as bad.

As far as Ralph's dance, I'm actually looking forward to it - it'll be a way to thumb his nose at the judges if it turns out to be absolutely phenominal. It would also highlight the obvious favortism done here to keep Mark and Chelsea in the competition, as quite honestly this is a. a popularity contest, and b. the producers could've taken out the planned WTA dance and just let the public vote and have fun.

Don't get me wrong--I'd be happy to see Karina and Ralph do their freestyle. I just think it's asking a lot to expect them to show up and do it after the way they were shoved off with that WTA cha-cha that put M/C way out in front. I thought both K/R and H/K had a right to be annoyed about that--poor Hines had a perfect scores that night on both his dances and he ends up in second by over 10 points because of, what, a minute and a half of cha-chaing by M/C? That's just ridiculous. No WTA dance should ever be worth more than, say, five points. Better yet, they just shouldn't have such a thing ever again.

I'm sure if K/R do their freestyle, they will make sure it's clear that they're dancing for their fans--as they should. And Bruno should take the opportunity to apologize for his gross remark after their last dance, but of course, he won't.

Ok why do they insist on putting these women who are rearend challenged in those fugly fringe pants. I mean really at least put them on someone who has the assets to fill them out!
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

I enjoyed Mark and Chelseas first dance( I love the fringed pants) I wasnt that keen on Kirstie and Maks, her dress had fringe as well.Their second dance apart from the lifts, she seemed to walk around alot.They bored me

I loved Hines and Kym the best( Both dances)!! Go H & K

On tomorrow's "judge's scores only" where they are dancing the Cha-Cha, I would HOPE that those who deviate from Cha-Cha moves are penalized for that (cough*cough M/C).

Someone wondered upthread about Mark and Chelsea continuing their dance after the music was off. I think it's because the electrical pulses that were part of the shock therapy were still hitting. He should have worn an all white outfit with two black dots on the front of him. Then his costume would have been apropos
    Click to see Spoiler:
    spastic colon

I used up all my votes on Hines! he makes me smile when he dances, and she's a beauty to watch ! and a brave one

FORT Fan

I've always loved Kirstie Alley and loved, loved that at 60 she can turn a cartwheel, but I don't think that she was the best dancer tonight. I do think that she gets the DWTS Spirit Award though for the dancer who best embodies the spirit of transformation. Okay, no such thing, but there should be.

I'm hoping Hines takes it this year.

I wasn't impressed with Mark & Chelsea's freestyle. Nope. Not al all. They weren't synchronized and the choreography was more spastic than anything. I don't care for them, but thought Mark would at least try and create a decent freestyle. Wow, that was truly awful.

I like Hines & Kym and Kirstie and Maks and wouldn't mind either one of those couples taking the mirror ball trophy. Kirstie was a trooper all season; much improved and very gracious about everything. Hines is such a hard-worker and came from no dance experience to top 3. I'm impressed with both couples and want them to take it "1-2"!

ETA: Wait a second - are the judges giving away points again tomorrow, like they did for the winner-take-all cha-cha???? That's not fair. You know it'll go to M&C. I don't know how I'm going to stomach Mark getting another one of those mirror balls.
    Last edited by LuvThisStuf!; 05-24-2011 at 12:50 AM.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

I will agree with most of the folks here that Mark/Chelsea's freestyle was not in sync. But I did love the blinking shoes and gloves, thought that was cool. A couple of years ago that was the "in" thing for little kids and let's just say I was a little jealous. I wanted blinky shoes. As for their samba, I thought the original one they did was much more fun and entertaining. Even if it was performed to that gawd-awful Miley Cyrus.

The freestyle round was underwhelming to say the least. Am I mistaken or did former champs say to choose a song that most people would know? None of the songs chosen were well known at all. Hines said they chose their song from the movie Drumline. Never heard of it.

Overall, the judges scores stayed in sync with their final 2. I still think that Hines will take it all and the judges will be fine with that. May the best fanbase win!

Gooooooooo Hines!

+ Reply to Thread